[D14, EA, Ishioka's, closed] Coming clean

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

[D14, EA, Ishioka's, closed] Coming clean

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:59 pm

He'd hastily scribbled notes, just saying to please come see him, and left them at the room Inoshishi had hardly used as well as Oubaihime's room, just in case she went there first. He had to tell his Dragon - maybe not so his when she found out - about... things. His stomach churned and his cheeks burned with reg... Well, maybe not that, and it gnawed at him more because of it.

The tall man sits in the center of his room on a lone cushion, meditating to try to maintain composure for what he needs to say. Little of his turmoil dissipates, but he's perhaps stony enough to get the words out when he has to.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Re: [D14, EA, Ishioka's, closed] Coming clean

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Inoshishi is thoughtful as she enters the room, reasoning that as the betrothed, she has the right to enter fiancé’s room. Perhaps Ishioka will agree, perhaps not. She’s hardly worried about that, her thoughts much more interested in the ‘please’ appended to the hastily scrawled note. She places it in her scroll pouch, still curious.

Seeing Ishioka in meditation, she tries to move quietly so as not to disturb him. Her air doesn’t tend to let her do this, however. So when he hears her isn’t known to her. She might be standing, creeping, or trying to sit quietly joining in the meditation.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:37 pm

The Lion's eyes open as the Dragon steps close, and he says, "Ino...chan..." with a little hesitation. He slides back off of the cushion, onto his knees on the floor. "Please sit." His eyes aren't consistently anywhere, other than not meeting hers.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:43 pm

Inoshishi sits where directed, her eyes quite confused.

“Did you receive bad news, my love? You look the opposite as you did this morning.”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Head bowed, eyes drilling into the floor in front of her, Ishioka says, voice pained, "Ino-chan, I... I have not even been betrothed to you a day, and... I have already betrayed you." The last words are almost a whimper, and he then presses his head to the floor before her.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Inoshishi places a hand on the back of Ishioka’s head, debating how to proceed.

“I’m what way have you betrayed me, my love? Have you sworn yourself to someone else? Shared a secret that wasn’t yours to share?”

She’s pretty sure he doesn’t have any of those to share, but regardless. Plus he was sworn to her first. She debates.

“Very well, my love. You clearly wish me to sit in judgment of you, so let’s do this.” Her voice is her usual sweet lilt, though determined.

Then her demeanor shifts, taking on the harsh tonality and vaguely displeased expressions she’d learned to love from Koi and Kheree. “But here are the rules: 1) You will abide by my judgment. 2) You will not argue with what I say. 3) you will thank me for my judgment.” That last is perhaps a step too far, but she tries to go with it. If he’s looking up at her by the end, she winks and smiles.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 pm
Inoshishi places a hand on the back of Ishioka’s head, debating how to proceed.

“I’m what way have you betrayed me, my love? Have you sworn yourself to someone else? Shared a secret that wasn’t yours to share?”
His voice rises from the floor, strained but clear. "No... No, I would never."
“Very well, my love. You clearly wish me to sit in judgment of you, so let’s do this.” Her voice is her usual sweet lilt, though determined.

Then her demeanor shifts, taking on the harsh tonality and vaguely displeased expressions she’d learned to love from Koi and Kheree. “But here are the rules: 1) You will abide by my judgment. 2) You will not argue with what I say. 3) you will thank me for my judgment.” That last is perhaps a step too far, but she tries to go with it. If he’s looking up at her by the end, she winks and smiles.
Ishioka's drawn face rises as the uncommon tone of voice from Inoshishi registers. He's clearly distraught, but her reaction doesn't seem right either. Or part does but part doesn't?

"Ino-chan, I... Narumi-san came to see me and, um." He's been thinking of what to say, but now actually seeing her, his planned words all escape him. "I..." He hangs his head, though he stays kneeling and doesn't bow all the way to the floor again. With a heavy breath, he says, "Hai, Ino-chan, I accept your judgement."
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 am
"Ino-chan, I... Narumi-san came to see me and, um." He's been thinking of what to say, but now actually seeing her, his planned words all escape him. "I..." He hangs his head, though he stays kneeling and doesn't bow all the way to the floor again. With a heavy breath, he says, "Hai, Ino-chan, I accept your judgement."
In a quiet voice with usual patterns, Inoshishi says, “I’ve found that when there is something heavy on my heart, letting it go is how I feel better. Whether it’s like this or in some other way, it is freeing, in a way, to confess truly and without remorse to the one you love. You’ve accepted my judgment. So yours doesn’t matter in this matter. Let it go, my love.”

Her hand strokes lightly through Ishioka’s hair, wanting to reassure him that whatever is on his heart, she will forgive him. Of course, he won’t believe it so she won’t say it, but she wishes to none the less.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:56 pm
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 am
In a quiet voice with usual patterns, Inoshishi says, “I’ve found that when there is something heavy on my heart, letting it go is how I feel better. Whether it’s like this or in some other way, it is freeing, in a way, to confess truly and without remorse to the one you love. You’ve accepted my judgment. So yours doesn’t matter in this matter. Let it go, my love.”

Her hand strokes lightly through Ishioka’s hair, wanting to reassure him that whatever is on his heart, she will forgive him. Of course, he won’t believe it so she won’t say it, but she wishes to none the less.
Ishioka looks up uncertainly for a moment, then nods his head. He takes a steadying breath, trying to meet her eyes, and realizes he can't do that now. Another slow breath comes. Then, keeping his head up but his eyes closed, he confesses, "When Narumi-san came, and we spoke, it became clear we... There are remaining feelings. And... some passion kindled, and I took her." He seems prepared to say more, but thinks better of it. After another deep breath, head unflinching as he awaits her fire, Ishioka says quietly, "I await your judgement."
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:47 pm
"I await your judgement."
Whatever he'd been expecting, it likely wasn't Inoshishi's response. A giggle. "Oh. How was she?"

Inoshishi is smiling cutely, that mischievous grin on her face again, her eyes dancing with laughter.

"Did you get her to make that cute noise that sounds like her clan's namesake? It's so cute!"

Her hand is in his hair still, just stroking now, stealing herself for whatever his reaction is.