[D14 ME Bath] Washing Away (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D14 ME Bath] Washing Away (Open)

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Tanabe nods "Kaimura." He says as if tasting it experimentally "yeah it sounds pretty good. Glad to hear you'll be getting use out of all these work outs though. Would have been a shame to just put you back behind a desk." He said with a laugh
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:24 pm

"Right?" he asks with an amused smile. "It will be an adventure for sure. I have no doubt the Crab will keep you busy. Kuni Tanabe, sumai champion."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Yasu raises an eyebrow at the nickname. It's a lot less dramatic without all the face paint. "Kaimura? I suppose it's got more story than just dropping it to Mura-san, neh?" She shakes her head with a smile, "didn't expect to come out of here with an Inquisitor to write to, along with such a good match." The smile directed at Tanabe is more than fond, softening a bit at the sound of 'Kuni Tanabe'.

"Nobody sits idle in our lands for long, no. There's enough to keep us all busy." She tilts her head, questioningly, "have to guess there's not much rest you'll get either settling into a new family, M...hmm, Kaimura-san?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:13 pm

"I hope that I get very little rest. I am feeling ready to accomplish anything the world sends my way. After a relatively emotional and difficult two weeks waking up to that letter felt like I had rested three whole days."

All the sweeter that I learned of it from her letter, he thinks.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:33 am

"I know what you mean. Finally knowing for sure? It was like a weight falling away." Her hand reaches for Tanabe's, though only halfway, maintaining a bit of propriety in the baths.

"But before they can put you to work there's all the negotiations and planning...any idea how long before an actual wedding for you?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:49 am

"Well... we may end up planning around other people's weddings. Bai would like to officiate for some of the friends made here if they are interested in that," he says with a chuckle. When she stops her hand he quirks an eyebrow at her gives small jerk of his head towards Tanabe. He couldn't care less about a bit of impropriety in the baths. Won't offend his sensibilities.

"And I support that as well. Though, probably won't be many with so many people being so far spread across the empire and likely marrying within weeks or a couple months of each other."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:58 am

Tanabe relaxed back and listened to them discuss wedding dates and plans with a small smile on his lips. He felt the shift in the water and saw her hand closer to his and he reached out to hold hers. He, like Murato, cared less about propriety.

"It's definitely going to be a busy few months for you all then. Travelling for others weddings, getting things together for your own. Sounds tiring if im honest." He said with a laugh

"But could be a good opportunity to travel, see a lot of the Empire though depending on which weddings she wants to do." He said relaxing back into the water.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:16 am

"And with impending war... some may not even be feasible to attend much less officiate," he says with a more serious tone. "But I do hope that we can do something with that."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:32 am

Yasu's fingers lace through Tanabe's with an easing of her shoulders as she relaxes against the stones. "Officiating? That would be a nice way to see friends again, travel a bit, and still be doing a needed duty for folks."

Her expression darkens at mention of impending war. "Be nice if folks would figure out how to aim themselves at a real enemy more often. And not just because I'd like everyone to attend everyone's wedding." She glances up at Murato. "You'll be invited to ours, but I understand if that's hard to manage given the distance."

Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:49 am

"And likewise, but I suspect that you are right about the distance."

It didn't show, but he felt it when the water ripples with their meeting hands. The sadness that it would not be their wedding. That they would not plant that pit together. That he would not fight at her side. Along with the smallest hint of jealousy, but not anger, for Tanabe. It was all invisible in the face of his joy with Bai-chan and his happiness for the couple across from him. He still wondered though, would it ever not hurt, to look at her and see a future that he had wanted so much but could not be had. Would Bai feel this when she looked at Soyokaze?

"Asking us Lion to pick a sensible fight? Not worth it, we'd probably start a war over even that," he said with a self deprecating smirk.