(D13, EM, Yasu's) What Dreams May Come

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kuni Yasu

(D13, EM, Yasu's) What Dreams May Come

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 am

Yasu's early rising habits had her slipping from Tanabe's room this morning for a bath, and to fetch a bright green tea laced with mint for her and the morning's guest. At this hour, she left things a bit informal in her fan-printed yukata, makeup not yet reapplied, and hair still damp, gathered loosely at her nape and falling to her knees.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D13, EM, Yasu's) What Dreams May Come

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:38 am

The Moth dressed in a very beautiful kimono painted a field of lilacs, decorated with elaborate Lunar Moths in hues of greens with lanterns of silver dotted about lightly scratched at the door.

Today her hair was filled with silver moths, her eyes shadow elagantly done with the hues greens, purples and silvers. She wore a single lilac tucked into the back of her head.

She looked almost magical, and gave an aura of pure happiness as she waited.

Koi wore no mask but seemed to have very little make up on beyond her colourful hues. Instead she stood there with a canvas, a wooden box filled with paints and a small selection of brushes.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:38 am

Yasu answers the door fairly quickly, having expected this visitor. Her smile is unpainted, a pale version of the scarlet one she usually wears, but no less bright. Her face is the pale of skin that seldom sees the sun, leaving her dark eyes to seem a bit sunken. Damp hair, not yet combed smooth, is a softer frame than when it's braided.

"Koi-san!" she steps aside to let the Moth enter. "Your hair ornaments are so elegant!" As the door slides shut, she gestures to the low little table. "There's tea if you'd like...and.." she looks at the tools. "Let me know if I can help with whatever you need to set up."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am

As the door was open Koi stepped in, placing her supplies down she smiled. "Good morning Yasu-san! You look delightfully beautiful this morning, I am jealous of your complexion its such defined. Uh, might I give you a hug today is a special day for my Clan filled with celebration and joy...and hugs."

She blushed. "Thank you, it has a mask piece that goes with it but I did not want to be way to over dressed for this meeting."

Koi glances at the tea. "Yes, please and I shall once I get set up."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:07 pm

Yasu chuckles. "Hugs are fine. And I'd like to learn more of this festival of yours. It's not one I'm so familiar with." She'll pause before everyone's seated or busy to offer a warm embrace, large arms easily encircling the smaller woman.

After, as she gets the tea poured and settles to a seat, she notes. "So the mask will be for the evening? Or something you'd usually wear all day for the holiday?"

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Koi smiles enjoying the embrace of the hug, surprisingly strong and warm from Koi. Very, comforting. "I am happy that you accept such things, I daresay I am practically devolving from the lack of physical contact when greeting people but alas I am no longer in the mountains."

Or will ever again. She thought.

"It is called the Festival of Lunar Moths, it was Lord Seppun Yuzu idea to creare better relationships between the Imperials and the Minor clans. He has recently promoted me to be his Imperial Secretary to aid him with relations between him and the Minor Clans and he thought it a valid idea." Koi said softly, explaining but hoped Yuzu could read between the lines enough to understand it wasnt entirely that way however publicly it had to be.

"On this day the Lunar Moths hatch and take flight, we celebrate their comings as a New Year since our winters are extremely brutal. We welcome them with lanterns in which they bless us by appearing and giving us blessings to start afresh in the year to come." She said softly. "We have a massive bonfire. Dancing. Games. Drinking. Such a wonderful and exciting day."

Koi nodded. "The mask is wore all day, as it is means the Moth's know we are friends. I can fetch it for you if you wish to see? My room is only down the hall?"

D13 EM. Pushing Seppun Yuzu Agenda. Water/Courtesy. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 3
2Opportunity symbol reduce 2 strife.
1Opportunity symbol reduce 1 Strife.
+1 Agenda Point.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 pm

"Is that so much more common in the mountains? Casual touch is far less common to the south, there's just...hmm" Yasu doesn't want to mention the many ways you want to be sure the person you are touching is actually who they seem to be. "Well there are dangers to even other people that you kind of want to check first"

"But...Imperial Secretary? That seems like an interesting assignment." She's not entirely sure what the soft reservation to Koi's tone means, and it keeps her "congratulations!" a bit subdued as well. "Will that offer the status to bring your spouse with you into Imperial service of some sort?"

As to the mask. "Oh? Feel free if it's meant to be an all day observance, I wouldn't want to keep you from it. I'm sure it's beautiful if made to match those in your hair."

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:45 am

Koi smiled, and raisedan eyebrow. "I am quite well aware of the issues regarding touching, my dearest Yasu-san. Just I guess I am just missing the family gatherings on such days but my cousin who has arrived has taken ill and will not come out of her room. So, I figured a Kuni would perhaps be the safest individual within the castle considering you are always wearing your jade."

"But I see your advice, and shall remember that going forward I need to prepare myself for such customs should I relocate." She said applicably. "Yes, it sounds remarkably interesting and perhaps something I could have great joy in doing. I could do a lot of good as long as the Govenor is applicable, I am still learning about the Young Lord and his opinions so we shall see."

"My lord has stated should I marry he will assist in whatever way to make sure my spouce has a take or role of their choosing as it was agreed upon." She smiled. "Just in case we are wedded, I thought it to be wise to ensure your duty to your clan is not taken from you - it is very important after all."

"And, I want my spouse to be happy whomever that maybe." She added, indicating that she thought of others as well so hopefully Yasu didnt feel singled out. "Just being prepared for tomorrow."

Koi smiled. "I was worried you would feel uncomfortable if I arrived with a mask and you were stripped of yours but if you approve I shall only be a few moments."

Rising she bowed excusing herself to go to her room where she is gone perhaps a few minutes needing to adjust herself. With a light scratch she entered once more looking radiant, and prehaps even regal like a Princess.

The mask was made from weaved silver that curled and twisted in an elaborate fashion studded with amethysts gems it gives the appearance of a grand Moth. The Mask surrounded her eyes, forehead and nose before curling around her cheeks but left her lips and chin free. The soft hue of her skin peeked through, and with the added make up it gave her an appearance both breathtaking and mystical.

"So, how do I look?" She asked, sheepishly.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:13 pm

"I expect you'll do well in the capitol, capable enough to catch the young governor's eye and," she gestures to the elegant everything, "if the stories are anything to go by, elegance, style, and beauty carry a lot more weight there than some other places. Certainly clever to already have agreements in place to settle your spouse well. Even so young as Seppun-sama is, seems he's got some skill to see that he can use your help."

She sips at her tea while the Moth runs off to find her own mask, brows lifting when she returns. "Wow. That's...all the..." her fingers wiggle in some emulation of all the twining wire, and the little gems, and...you're really beautiful. I mean...even without the mask, but whoever made it did a great job matching it to you."

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:21 pm

Koi blushed, and she looked down embarrassed. "It was made by my Father for my 18th birthday, I have not had the chance to wear it as of yet and I wanted it to be something special. Who knows? I might not be a Moth anymore I could be a Seppun, a Lion, a Scorpion, a Tortoise..."

She said softly, holding her stomach. "I am afraid of the future, its funny isnt it? I spend my life learning how to predict it, to foresee outcomes and I am terrified of even lifting my deck today. Kami, and stars - I am so afraid of going to the Capital..."

The Moth took a moment to recompose herself by looking a different direction before she said confidently returning to the future. "Let's begin, we have a bit to do before I can paint."

"I would like to do something special for you, I have never done it before to another person but its something I think will help. I would need to touch your face with my hands, would you trust me enough?" She said softly.