(D13, MM, Narumi's) Good for What Ails You

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D13, MM, Yasu's) Good for What Ails You

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:13 pm

It's a bit to process, and Yasu rolls her eyes at Ishioka confronting Bo for...whatever reason that made any sense. She kind of wants to pour some sort of comforting tea...but it's not her room. So she settles for shaking her head and making appropriately sympathetic noises. "He really can be a little overbearing if you're not direct about why that isn't going to work. He thought he was going to be the one making sure my possible suitors understood the Duty they were possibly signing up for...for about 5 seconds or so, anyway."

"Hopefully the Deer see things as clearly as everyone else does and sets the pair of you off to run the rivers. Are you going to need a bigger boat?" She grins as the amused reference to Bo's unusual size.

_______
ooc, realized I had this tagged to the wrong room from the start. *flail* Fixed now!
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D13, MM, Narumi's) Good for What Ails You

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:25 pm

"Hai," she says a bit darkly, "-And I have never been the most direct in my vocabulary... It's more my ingrained position to be accommodating and diplomatic. I suppose I was pushed past a breaking point of sorts, and all the stressors and overstimulation of this miai proved too much. I'm sorry it happened."

"Well! We actually talked about that," Narumi shifts her weight, "-while I grew up on my aunt's yakatabune, a uh, lavish yacht, we do count among our fleet what we call Izakayas, functionally restaurants and inns that take port. They are... not small." Joy shone in the Otter's eyes at the thought, but it was fleeting.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:29 am

"Knowing the Dragon a little, I'm not sure diplomatic is really popular in the mountains, so they might do alright there." It's said a bit dryly. She's only once seen the pair together, and the combination is still rather surprising in her mind. She fidgets with a small crab token on a lavender ribbon at her wrist, more for something to do with her hands than anything else.

"An inn on a boat? I can imagine that would be pretty big! Only for the largest rivers, yeah?" There's something to the speed at which Narumi's joy. Softly she adds, "It seems like the direction you were desiring from almost the beginning, yeah? So a good match to have in the end?"

_____
[edited because she has, in fact, seen them together. derp]
Last edited by Kuni Yasu on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:19 pm

Narumi's gaze ticked to the charm, and she gave a soft smile in return to the Crab.
"Hai, I mean, of course, he's the darling of the miai, I have had eyes on him since the first day we arrived. I just. As time has gone on here, I wonder if I'm good enough for Bo-san, if it wouldn't be... if he wouldn't be more content with someone else." She hadn't been good enough for Ishioka, either.
"Someone less complicated. As much as I want otherwise. We can't know for sure where we'll end up tomorrow, but we know how we got there and have to make peace with that, neh?. Whatever the Shika decide for me tomorrow is a direct result of what I was unable to do here during the miai; what was expected of me. I had a chance to change my fate, but fell in love with a Crane and a Lion instead." she smiles bitterly at that and shakes her head, as if trying to steel herself.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:33 am

Yasu makes a dismissive gesture. "Asahina-san seems a man who'll find contentment wherever he ends up. Maybe he has a bit more than that with you, neh?" There's a small quirk of her lips into half a smile. "I think you'll be good for one another. I think...he's strong enough to protect you without the..." she reaches for the word for that push of Ishioka's that gets him in past where his efforts are wanted, "that drive Ishioka-san has to get into every hint of where _he_ sees danger."

There's a small shrug. "Then again, maybe I'm misreading and you'd be fine snapping him back in place regularly."

"But who should you have aimed for then to change your fate? If not a Lion or a Crane?"

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:48 am

She smiles sadly at Yasu's kind words.
Then shakes her head.
"I had a job to do here, one I failed to complete. And we sit in the last minutes of this miai and everyone of my dark secrets are about to be dragged into the light tomorrow. Bo-san won't want me."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:15 pm

There's a confused frown. "What? Are some cursed kappa child or something? And the nakodo are probably fully aware of that one."

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:56 pm

She laughed slightly, "No, no, nothing like that. It ultimately doesn't matter," she waves it off lightly, "-whatever comes of my failure tomorrow is what's meant to happen, after all, and I walk into my fate with my head held high, at least."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:51 am

Yasu smiles a bit at that and nods. "That's all that can be expected, of course. I'll do the same if things don't go as I hope. Head high and plans to work with whatever's in the future."

"But I'll hope we're both getting what we want, and what serves our clans well. You'll come to the wedding, I hope?"

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:25 am

She took a deep breath.
"If you'll come to mine?" A brave smile slides into place. So long as there is one, if I haven't been arrested at dawn.