[D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 pm

The smile left his face and was replaced with a more serious, pensive expression. "You make similar suggestions to Yuzu, that I have infected her, changed her for the worse. If she was driven to anger I think that speaks to the severity of his behavior not hers."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:33 pm

"Well pardon my assessments, I did not intend to make Seppun-sama correct", he said with a bow and sipped his tea again. "Yet I am also talking about his foolishness, never in all of this should you think I call you as the villain here, all I can say is what I see in the situation pertaining to you, as the others involved aren't my concern. Seppun-sama is all but dealt with to me, Kitsu-san might fall from a cart and break his neck without notice from me. You on the other hand, Asahina Soyokaze-san, have gambled greatly here, lost much, faced difficulty, joy and growth you have never known and if you attempt to say you are fine or know what you are doing, it only enforces my point of the dangers of desire."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:37 pm

"Oh i am far from fine and I know it, I'm a barely held together mess. But please continue, I am very curious who you would match me with, i have not even met Edogawa-sama so your pick for me could be very surprising."

Anyone but the devil-woman.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:50 pm

"I think you could be harmonious with just about anyone", he said. "You are too meek to cause problems in most cases, as well you are both very helpful and protective of others. The only downside would be if your partner would like more out of you than you know how to give...so I think that you would match well with someone more forceful, who knows exactly what they want and can make you understand how to treat a lover. Perhaps a Hida, or a Moto. I've only met one of each, and both briefly however."

He seemed to think a bit more. "Though to count out Kaito-san would be foolish, I am of the opinion you met her as a puppy and have not let go, but I also think it has grown into more than that. I am just not certain you two fit in harmony, as there has been very little harmony thus far. Life is much longer than these desperate moments at Kyuden Shika."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:57 pm

He considered the word of his host. "i have spent some time with Moto Mitsuki and we have talked of spending more together though time grows short. I have a great amount of respect for her and am fascinated with the life she has led, I would not hate that pairing. As for the Hida I do not know if i am right for life at the wall though my skills would be put to good use. I am not fond of the sight of blood and I imagine that is something that is never in short supply there." He sipped his tea a moment. "As for harmony between Bai and I, you have not seen us in private."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:03 pm

"Nor should I want to", he said. "Though warm moments are often such due to the cold when parted. Harmony is not passion."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:21 pm

"Should that not be natural? To feel colder when a piece of your soul is away?"
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:28 pm

He had several options there.

One, beat the little Asahina with his fan.

Two, attempt to reason with him more subtly, which hasn't worked so far.

Three, just give him a big fat STOP THAT RIGHT THERE, BUCKO!

Four, explain the obvious.

Inner Hikimasu gritted his teeth. The obvious it is.

"What you have just stated is that you will be lost without her, that your happiness depends upon her. How can that be of any use to you? Do you not realize that though she wishes she can be part of your world, she also wishes you to be part of hers, which means you must think of yourself and what that world gives her. Stating she is a part of your soul is beyond dramatic, it is something you are deciding rather than knowing, a blind decision that leads to assumptive reasoning and disaster at the first sign of doubt. Passion is not harmony."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Soyokaze's expression went flat. "I understand many here see me as a child but I am not as pathetic as everyone seems to think I am. The flowery nature of my words seems to have misled you so let me speak plainly. I love her with all my heart and soul, I have never been so scared in all my life as I am now, but I gain strength from her. No one else here has given me a second glance if even a first. This feels like destiny to me and I am trying to cling to that. I have changed a lot in these thirteen days and I think it is more for the good than the bad. You have been a part of that change and that is why I cherish you along with others."

It didn't matter that none of what he said addressed the Scorpion's words he just needed to fill the silence because on the inside he was screaming because all of Hikimasu's words were true and he knew it.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:47 pm

"At the very least, I do not doubt the strength of your feelings, Asahina-san", he said with a nod. "I also do not doubt you have changed a great deal, and I also think much of it is for the better." He finished his cup of tea and set it down again. "However I do not believe you are finished changing. The Shika were wrong to invite nearly half of us to this miai, many are not ready for these duties. Marriage is that, as well. You agreed with me during our first discussion, we are here to do our duty to our clan. You have learned something of what love is, and for that I am both happy and sorry for you, but that is life now, your experience will not diminish, only increase."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description