[D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 pm

"If you have the time to spare I would be happy to keep your company." he sat back down and poured his host some of the tea. "So how are you doing? Any nerves at this point?" He knew it wasn't a polite question but he felt at ease with the Shosuro.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 pm

"Nerves? Certainly, despite my stare I am a human after all", he admitted. "Though my mind's approach to this has been backward, I arrived uncertain, produced certainty through the most difficult moments, and now that I can see the Shika matchmakers watching me closely I again feel uncertain. There are two women who stand out to me, and who I hope I would be wed to. Though to say I believe either possible would be a lie."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 pm

"Your stare is unnerving at first, I thought you a cold hearted killer when we first met any who take the time to get to know you will see past that and your performance here has been exemplary, we have no idea what the Shika will decide but if they are watching us and know our hearts you have less to be concerned about than most here. Two you say? Two is a safer number than one as long as the losing of one does not spoil the relationship with the other. I have one and a half."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 pm

"Asahina-san, if the Shika could properly coordinate their efforts along meaningful criteria, I believe most of the marriages plotted and hoped for by those participating would have no chance of happening", he said flatly. "There is far too much vice and passion among us here, even from you. However I think your feelings are sincere to you, and I don't question the other party's view on the matter. If I am correct in seeing who the Shika believe would be a good match for your intended, then they have lived on an undeserved reputation."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:53 pm

"Oh? How do you think would be a fit match for Oubaihime then? or me for that matter?" His tone and posture suggested this was a game and not something he took too seriously.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:04 pm

He thought only a short moment.

"Kitsuki Edogawa would match Kaito-san very well", he said with a nod. "He is Dragon, so shares roots with her, he loves games and puzzles and would do well with their children, he is sharp with people and could read her moods quite well to support her when it was needed. He is also not a warrior by trade and so would allow her to keep a sense of importance with her training, rather than doing so simply out of respect for her sensei. He could also answer her riddles with his own and could be gentle as he is indeed a gentle man."

He finished his assessment with another nod. He felt these things about the Kitsuki were quite correct.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:11 pm

"And these are traits you feel neither Murato nor I exhibit?"
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm

"Well, Kitsuki-san also has the advantage of not having desired her, or hid things from her, or fought over her." He sipped his tea again.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:15 pm

"I can understand the latter two but I fail to see how a lack of desire for her, though that is an ugly word to use for it, is a benefit to either of them."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:21 pm

"You do not see because you are well within it's clutches, Asahina-san. You came here driven by such things. Even Kaito-san has been poisoned by it, yesterday she seemed very different from the miko I met when I arrived here, she was ready to face an enemy in anger. Her...of all people."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description