[D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D13, EM](Hikimasu's Room) Skullduggery (Closed)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:35 pm

"I do not think the Shika invited me here, I believe my father arranged for me to be here. I am only a few seasons past my gempukku after all, he can't wait to be rid of me."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:57 pm

"A troubling thing to hear, though not so troubling as to be living through", he said with understanding. "There are many among the Scorpion who face the same, those who lack the proper amount of courage for vice some feel is needed to serve the clan." He shrugged. "A pity your father does not see your worth, he is a fool."

He played with his tea cup slightly before placing his hands in his lap.

"So would you like to play the game now?" he asked. "Whom should I be paired with, and what choices of mine might be in error in seeking others?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:08 am

"I would love to but there are too many unknowns. I do not know most of the women here well enough, do not know you well enough and I am a bad judge of character most of the time so anything I said would only be the wildest of speculation. I think you would do well with someone with some fire in them though, someone playful like Unsei-sama or Inoshishi-sama I think though I don't know her well at all, just what I have seen of her around here."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:41 am

"Both of those women are devious creatures, and I prefer to be the devious one when the need for it arises", he said. "Seppun-sama does not not take the initiative, they simply don't allow it to be played for, and Agasha-san...well...", he soured. "I would not put my faith in her, not unless there was something gained for losing what I give her by granting that trust."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 am

"Well as I said I am a poor judge of character and do not know many well. I've never even met some, such as Emiko-sama."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:55 am

"She is kind, attentive, of good humor... but doesn't hide her worry so deeply you can't see it if you notice her. Talented, beautiful, knows her position and wants to succeed." He tried to make his admiration of her clear.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:59 am

"She sounds wonderful I wish I had gotten the opportunity to meet her, did she like the fans?"
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:11 am

Hikimasu answered that question without actual knowledge, but at this point he could easily assume without worry.

"Very, though she gave me a proper rough time in the refusals because of how I presented them", he seemed quite pleased at the memory, either by it's distance and how things had progressed to now, or simply because it was quite a good memory.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:20 am

"I am pleased to hear that. What of the other, what is she like? I don't think you have mentioned anyone else to me before and you certainly did not seek a second gift so I am left with my curiosity."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:26 am

"She is...", he looked sideways a moment, putting the complex thoughts together. "She is something special, for certain. In a lot of ways, I think she is afraid of offending or hurting me, and that compassion goes a long way in my mind. Not some dainty maiden, but also someone I would have to protect in other ways...I am sorry but it is hard to explain the specifics. Truly I think she is someone I could grant a lot of wishes for, and that feels like a good thing, but we are currently...seeing how we feel, I suppose."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description