(D12 EE) Giving A Cat A Bath

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D12 EE) Giving A Cat A Bath

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:57 pm

"Kaito Oubaihime," he says with a smile. "A gentle and kind woman, but she hides a strong spirit underneath that gentleness."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:09 pm

Her brow furrows as she tries to match name to face. "The temple priestess? I think I met her, um, once, at the..." she pauses, "-the tea house."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm

He nods and smiles. "Same place I met Asahina Bo only once. It seems like we are mirrors of each others experiences in a way."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:21 pm

A manicured brow ticks up at that and she blushes deeply. "Indeed. In the same way, I didn't get the impression she'd be one for pursuit, herself..."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:42 pm

"Well, there is one major difference I suppose. I didn't have an immediate draw. I had to learn why I would eventually come to love her. But that discover, the time it took, it also allowed me the opportunity to get to know other candidates. So, even if the Deer should match me with someone else... I am far more likely to be matched with a friend than otherwise at the very least."

He smiled. "For example... the two of us. If the Deer decided in their mysterious ways, that Murato and Narumi were a match, I would not be unhappy with that. Certainly sad at the loss of the person I hope they would match me with. You would likely feel that just as strongly. But we would be able to commiserate on a shared experience and I know that I would care for you, and would do my best to make you as happy as I could. The odds of that being low, I would not expect it to happen, but I could find happiness and would try to find more."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:27 am

She noticeably flusters, and sinks lower still into the waters. "Your words are kind, Kitsu-san. And I.." a not so significant pause, "-I can't say I wouldn't enjoy a match with you that might grow into more than just acceptance." she says quietly. "If that's what the Shika believe is best for us. Who are we to argue?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:36 am

He nods at that. "And that's is all any of us truly need, but the heart wants so much more. Even as I say that, I hope for you to have your ideal match and life. I feel much the same for most that I've met here. Some... well, I discussed it previously with Bayushi Luixian, but I'd like to see them sent home with a goat for a spouse," he says with a chuckle.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:41 am

She blinked, and laughed at that, "I can't say I know who that is, sadly? Or maybe not so sadly..."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:50 am

"She's pretty great, honestly. Uninterested as a match for me, which... not an uncommon thing here apparently... but definitely a good drinking partner. Probably could have avoided a lot of stress if I had met her earlier in the miai. Kind of wish I had," he admits.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:34 am

"I think... you're not the only one with regrets about what they should or shouldn't've done in our early days here."