D12LM Bumps and Bruises (expecting, open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Usogawa Narumi

D12LM Bumps and Bruises (expecting, open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:14 pm

Finding a spot to watch going's on after the event, Narumi sits- alone for now- with a cup of steaming green tea and a bowl of rice, both ignored for the moment as she rubs the backs of her aching hands idly. Each a dull shade of red, with the angry beginnings of bruising starting to appear.
The Kitsu poet was more vicious than he looked! she thought with an amused smirk and a shake of her head, and then fell deeper into her thoughts.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Re: D12LM Bumps and Bruises (expecting, open)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 pm

After the duels, Ishioka took an extended walk, transitioning his thoughts from that immediate competition and toward the future. On the one hand things seemed more settled than they had in a week and a half, but he also was remembering that this was the nakodos' domain and ultimately his future wasn't up to his wants, whether they were clear or not. With logical Ishioka in control and helping him to make peace with a modest level of uncertainty, he headed toward the inn with a calm if not happy expression on his face. He stepped through the door and glanced toward the common room out of curiosity and habit.

Narumi was there. She saw him and he froze, unsure what to do.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:24 pm

Her eyes met Ishioka's and for a moment and the same warm but reserved smile she's always held for him crosses her features, but it's gone in mere moments as Narumi's conflicted. Vague, hazy memories of the night before push forward- the bar, Nesshin, and then Ishioka in her room? Was that last night? She wasn't exactly sure.
Her expression cooled slowly into one of polite neutrality, but a raised manicured eyebrow invites him over.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:48 pm

Ishioka as stomach turns at the flickering reaction, and his face is the Stone Matsu as he steels himself to simply nod and carry on. Then she raises that beautiful, damnable eyebrow of hers, and he's taking a heavy breath and approaching her. What happened to logic?

"Good morning, Usogawa-san," he says properly. Even through his stony facade, she can see how wrong he feels saying it. "Ah, I hope the fortunes have been kind si--er, ahem." A sigh, then he quietly says, "I wasn't sure you would care to speak to me today."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:59 pm

What's a relationship without a bit of strife? is what she opens her mouth to say... and then remembers she's still pissed at him, and changes course. "Matsu-san. Have you had your rice today?" The walls are up and her On is worn are firmly as she can manage.
"I can't say I'm thrilled about what you did yesterday," she admits after he takes a seat, her voice just as hushed as his, and presses her lips tightly
together for a moment before sighing. "But I can't very well ignore you, can I? Did you want some tea?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:34 am

Even with only his eyes to read for cues, Narumi can see the reminder hurts.

"I would like tea, thank you," he says politely. After a hesitation, he can't resist reminding her quietly, "I did admit last night that I had made mistakes." He focuses his eyes on the tea cup, ready for more chastisement.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:58 am

She goes ahead and pours him a cup before nudging it forward with a fingerpad in a familiar move. Her gaze flicks up to meet his again and she notes his hurt... but she draws a blank on exactly why.
Her brow furrows and she blinks once, her lips quirking to one side momentarily.
"So I did see you last night? I... wasn't sure if that was last night, frankly I got caught up at Uguiso's and I barely remember getting back to my room." her voice still lowered.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:08 am

Ishioka looks up at her from under his brow, surprise evident.

"Ye... Um. I did... come to speak with you." The Lions heart jumps into his throat, suddenly unsure of how much of last night was actually... official?

"Ahhh... Usogawa-san," he says anxiously, his voice lowering as he leans forward slightly. "You were... Um. You don't recall our conversation?" A war between confusion, concern, relief and terror is raging behind his eyes, and the uncertainty would be evident given how Narumi knows him.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:18 am

Her brow furrows further at the confirmation and worse at his myriad of emotions reflected in his gaze, evwn going so far as to cause her nose to wrinkle.
Then colour begins to bloom on her cheeks and she sits back slowly, one beginning-to-bruise hand moving to rub the back of her neck in embarrassment. "It was only a conversation?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:23 am

Ishioka's eyes narrow, confusion gaining the upper hand for now. "I don't... It was a serious conversation," he says leadingly, hoping more will come back lest he has to recount the events himself. Not seeing increased recall very quickly, he quietly sighs.

"I... stupidly came to argue with you. I was a fool, and I'm sorry." He bows his head and sighs again.
Description