(D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:03 pm

"Of course I gave changed, Ino-chan!" She said, turning to look at her. "I am several years older since we last met, and a lot has changed for me! I can not remain stagnant in this world otherwise I will fade away into nothing. I was not born with your Clans blessing."

When she spoke there was some resentment but also weariness.

"Do not insult my integrity by making such unfair remarks." She said, her voice cold and hard the coolness of water speaking instead of the heat of fire.

"I ask for you to entertain the idea that there is more going - no - I will explain." She said, raising her hand. "I am to join the Governor's household as his Imperial Secretary - he is quite literally my Boss. You are my friend and I want you in my life going from this place but you speak to quickly, and let the fire kami control you."

"You are in the right, and the Governor is frustrating but I do not, and I will not return to my Mother.." Perhaps the steam formed on her cheeks or perhaps tears. "You cross an Imperial, Ino-chan and you could be throwing your life away - it not worth it for..."

She rubbed her face, she had never been so annoyed at a lover before. "I can't honestly believe you said that to me."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:21 am

Inoshishi stops paddling around at the coldness in her voice, eyes smoldering from the blessing comment, but she keeps her peace until the other woman is done. She moves closer, speaking in a voice that can barely be heard above the water even from as close as she gets.

"Of course I did, as you said, my Fire runs away with me. Doesn't mean there isn't some truth to what I say, but I do speak without heed. That's what happens when you only have yourself to journey with for years. But let's go back to my 'blessing'." She gestures at her physical form contemptuously as she speaks again, anger barely restrained, her voice hissing, though she's clearly not angry at Koi, just...angry.

"My master, Togashi Yoshi, doesn't like my spending habits, Koi-chan." A rather odd transition from clan blessing as well as from locked eyes to cast down and submissive looking while still utterly defiant. "He thinks I spend too much on food, so he's refused to pay since I was in Scorpion lands, some two? three? I don't even remember, years ago. My 'blessing' has been to wander these low lands, fading away into nothing. I have nearly died three times when the kindness of strangers and my ability to tell stories failed. Not from glorious battle, not from blessed intrigue, but from hunger. That's why you didn't recognize me, at first. So forgive me if I give in to my Fire. It is the only thing that's kept me going, gnawing at me until I'm little else."

She recovers a little, still angry, her innocent pleasure-seeking façade burnt away for the moment, her voice dropping lower, moving closer if Koi let's her, muttering if not.

She recovers more, her On fitting into place as she bows slightly, her voice rising, "I am pleased for this promotion for you, Koi-chan. If I stand in the way, please, tell me. I would, however, offer one thought for your boss. If I apologize publicly, as he desires, it will not decrease the rumors around what I said. It will, if anything, inflame them. If he wishes to weather that, I will, of course apologize. I believe that the pro forma, 'I apologize for my belief that' Insert thing, 'I was mistaken.' should suffice for his lordship?" She shakes her head ruefully.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:01 am

Koi would look at Ino with sadness on her eyes, tears forming in them at Ino's words before she reaches out to her friend. "Y-you should have found an Inn controlled by my Clan you'd likely need to leave Scorpion lands but it wouldnt have been too hard. Have them send me a -"

The Moth girl stopped and she bit her lip. "I wouldn't have been there at all, in fact I myself am fighting for something I nearly ran away from."

She began to sob, her body shaking as she pulled her friend into a tight embrace. "I know you are in the right, the Seppun is a...little brat at times. I promised I would not speak of the situation that lead me to working for him again but I speak with confidence be weary of wounding his honour."

The Moth said softly. "I trust your judgement, I just wish to see you again in the future and to keep you safe."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Inoshishi’s eyes grow bright as her friend discusses the past then turn fully watery as her friend sobs into her shoulder. Inoshishi returns the embrace, hard, feeling sobs wrack her body as well.

“I couldn’t ask them! I didn’t want you to get in trouble on my behalf.”

She keeps her embrace on the slippery Moth, their shudders shaking her as she fits her head onto the Moth’s shoulder.

“You’ll see me again! As long as he is just your boss, it shouldn’t matter, yes? It’s not like he’s…”

She grabs the Moth’s shoulders, pushing her out to arms length to look her in the face.

“Are the Deer putting you with…?”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:12 pm

"You would never be a burden, my family value friends and things wont be the same. I shall send a letter to them when I return, I shall personally ensure it is done." She sniffed, holding her. "You will not starve if I have anything to do about it."

Koi paled. "Kami know if I am paired with him I might throw myself into oblivion. I doubt I would be tolerated as a wife - I think the Young Lord is looking at Kaito-sama."

She chewed her lip. "I wish to wed Shika Nesshin."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:21 pm

Inoshishi pulls her back into a close embrace.

“Well then, Kami grant that it is not that. I think you and the dear Shiba will be well matched. Is that why you brought me to him, to see if he would be able to handle us?

I think he would be a good match for you. He’s gentle when he doesn’t have to be. Listens when he could pretend to not hear. Though I wonder about his humor. I must have called him dear Shika a handful of times, never even a blink in response! Maybe he heard it too often?”

She blushes at the assurance offered.

“If I am lucky and matched with Ishioka-San, I hope I won’t need to take you up on that offer. Did you see the fine kimono he got me? And the similar one for Narumi? Clearly, he will be able to feed me well.”

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:32 pm

Koi held her before sighing. "I shall still endeavour to do so."

"Shika, not Shiba." She corrected.

"Oh, no I do not think for a moment that Neeshin-kun wont be able to handle us. No, I was just enjoying the evening. I never have motives when I bed someone, only love, respect and honesty otherwise it is wasted." She said stepping back and wiped her eyes.

"He is a bit of a flirt but I do not mind." She said smiling. "As long as we trust one another, I do not mind what he does or says as long as he does not hurt me."

Koi nodded. "You looked beautiful and I wish you luck, my Dear. I am going to leave now, I find myself weary of these baths they are nothing but bad luck for me."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Inoshishi sobers as the Moth seems weary. As she says she’ll leave, Ino’s mouth curves downward slightly, her brow furrowing. Her expression changes closer to one of a samurai serving a Great Lord and having to gainsay them.

“I know I normally am content to do as you please, Kai-chan. This once, let me say no. Yes this has been..” she waves a hand, flinging water droplets. “Tumultuous. Enough so that I’m not sure you appreciate the self-control it took me not to laugh at the flirt comment. The temptress herself, the Moth that attracts the flames, calling someone a flirt was nearly too much for a Mountain girl like me.”

By the end, her face is wearing her irrepressible grin, which she smooths again into an expression of happy service. She chooses her words carefully.

“Let me help you relax. Not…well, not now anyway, as anything more than a friend. You are tense. I should have seen that sooner and didn’t.”

If Koi still wants to go, Ino won’t stop her, but will watch her with sadness in her eyes.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Koi raised a brow. "We stand in an onsen, naked, after chasing an Imperial Govenor - for the second time - and I am just flabbergasted by this whole Miai that I frankly could do with some humour within my life."

She waved jokingly. "Plus, you have seen other expressions from me might as well be prepared to laugh."

Glancing around the Moth exhaled, and shook her head. "Had it been earlier, I would have said yes but I am not in the mood unfortunately, my Sweet. But I think I need to go for a walk, later perhaps?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:15 pm

Inoshishi bows to the inevitable and gets out of Koi’s way.

“Alright, you go have a walk. I think I’m going to relax in here on my own for awhile then. Too much tension, need the fire burned out of me.”

/scene?