(D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:23 am

“I appreciate the courtesy and compassion, Agasha-san.” He also looks to the Moth as she calls the Kami and can’t help but to get a minor migraine due the whole water show.

Yuzu rubs his temples and says as his eyes close, “I see now that the Fortunes blessed me with the right person for the job. How interesting it is that Kaikoga-san has just the skills we need for this. The Minor Clans are indeed a marvel that deserve more attention.”

Yuzu’s body temperature suddenly rises and he slowly starts to lay back like other day as he feels a massive blood pressure once again. Yuzu is nearly compromised, but manages to cool off.

- -
Restraining himself and showing the Imperials and Minor Clans would have a great future ahead. Blessed lineage. Rolling again since I forgot to tick the distinction | TN: 2 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 5
Image Image Image Image Image Image
+4 Side Goal
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:17 am

The Moth was taking a little longer due to the outside noise, divining is such a subtle art and can be easily twitchy but this was literally what she had been taught since a child.

Kami had always whispered to her from a young age, and she knew how to adjust accordingly. She focused more intensely, her mind muting out the sounds of those around her till they were like the parents from the Peanuts..

"Wahh wah waahh wahh.." Inoshishi spoke, a lighter feminine tone or Yuzu as he was still a young man she couldnt be sure but that didnt matter.

She focused more till she heard it, a ringing in the water droplets, the cool breath upon her skin, the mist within the air and from the onsen itself.

Finally, the water on the mirror swirled in a small circle over and over again flashing images to the Moth before it slide off the mirror onto the floor with the spell ending.

"It appears the mirror was made by Asahina Soyokaze. Through his devotion to the smithing arts he managed to awaken the spirit of the item." She said carefully, immediately feeling sorry for the poor bastard and sighed once.

"The exact function of the item is that when looking at one's reflection, one does not see what is there, but someone at their absolute "best" - expertly groomed and styled, fashionably dressed, no blemishes or marks, no expression of anything but wisdom and confidence." She explained, placing it down on the towel - she didnt want to see her reflection. She didn't want to know.

"This does somewhat limit it's usefulness as a standard mirror. For example, it's hard to put on markeup when you already look liike you're perfectly made up. Some might find it motivational, seeing what they could be, some find it demotivational, knowing they'll never achieve perfection, and the vain and delusional enjoy having a mirror that shows them how great they truly are." She said rising out of the onsen with no real concern about other's seeing her form - she was outstandingly feminine.

She walked over to the young Seppun and presented the mirror for him to take without touching him.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:43 am

Regaining his wits after the sudden surge of hotness, the young Lord takes the mirror with the towel and asks, "So Kaikoga-san confirms this item was made by Asahina Soyokaze-san and that he awakened the spirit not of Lady Doji's Mirror, but that of a trickster spirit that shows one's best image deceitfully, and renders the item useless."

His left eye twitch as he controls his anger. How could that boy do also this to Oubaihime. To play mind tricks with her. As benefit of doubt, he asks, "Would you know if this item forces any erratic behavior in a malignant way? I confess I am worried this could have affected Kaito-san."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:12 am

Koi sighed for a moment before thinking. "I would hesitate to say he did any intentional harm."

"Sometimes artists spend hours upon hours forging an item for someone, and they pour themselves into the work and those blessed with such gifts might unknowingly charm the spirits to life. If this was a gift for Kaito-sama, having spoke with Asahina-sama he would not cause her any intentional harm." She said calmly, trying to ensure no dire actions be taken.

"During my time gathering associates to assist with founding my potential team to aid you, I heard of your potential duel with him over his growing fondness for the Phoenix." She said, her voice calm and plain. "This One would advice to consider that, why would one do such things if they had such feelings for someone - putting aside any wounded honour. He is an Asahina after all, and they are known to be pacifist my Lord."

She shook her head once, and her finger appreciated such movements. "No, the mirror only has that ability the Kami would have given me further information if that had been the case."

The Moth looked to Inoshishi for a moment and back. "I would advise, my Lord that as far as the Water kami have been able to advise me the mirror has no capability such as that. Plus, she is quite a charming woman I believe any change would be very noticeable."

Koi bowed her head, and headed back to the water after all she was very naked. She looked at Inoshishi with a look of fear, and as she stepped into the onsen with her back to the Seppun she mouthed.

We need to warn Soyokaze.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:40 am

Yuzu corrects, "Rumors are vile things. It wasn't about his growing fondness of the Phoenix, but his dishonorable actions while trying trying to pursue such fondness. It is crystal clear to me that those actions would cause irreversible damage. Fortunately, that is done and decided with Heaven's blessings. The lesson should be learned."

He looks at the mirror again, "I did notice a change in the way Kaito-san treated me this morning from her usual behavior. Very erractic to say, the least. I thought it could have been the mirror's effects..." Now it was only a matter of understanding if it was Soyokaze that created the lie Oubaihime told him, or if it was of her own invention.

"The Asahina are known to be peaceful, yet, one of the most dire enemies of the Empire came from that very family. A weaponsmith, no less. I stand alert, as it is my duty. In any way, I will take Kaigoka-san's words that Asahina-san might have awakened this item without any malignant intentions."
DescriptionTheme

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Inoshishi listens to this, raising an eyebrow.

“In the Dragon, we know that those who speak to the Kami have a clearer understanding of things of this nature and do not gainsay them. It is a wisdom we happily share.”

As the Seppun continues ranting, she sighs, knowing that if she gets in over her head the Lion boys will surely help her, right?

“Seppun-sama, I have yet to hear Bai-Chan mention your name in a positive way.” She actually hasn’t heard her mention his name one way or another, so that’s true enough.

“In the Dragon, we seek harmony through balance. I bathe so much because my fire outshines my other talents.are you like me, Seppun-sama, that your fire rules you?”

She frowns slightly, then closes her eyes.

“Were I you, Seppun-sama, I should beware provoking another duel. Everyone knows you live only because Soyokaze saw fit to step down. Yet here you are, casting more aspersions on his character. Do you truly wish to duel with the Topaz? There are faster and less painful ways to commit seppuku.”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Koi stood in the onsen, her eyes wide at the words coming from Inoshishi in surprise before she turns to the young Lord. "Lord Seppun, please forgive my dear friend from such heated words..we have shared a bottle of sake prior to arrival and it fuels the fire kami within her swiftly."

She looked at Inoshishi before bowing, nakedly to the young Lord.

I swear this..this will be the end of me.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Yuzu looks to the Dragon without any fire in his eyes. They are more akin to a wall devoid of emotions. A caramelized wall with a zest of lemon. Sour, but potentially sweet once one enters. As Koi requests forgiveness for her friend, Yuzu considers, and looks down to the Dragon.

Back to Koi, he says, "Before I ever lay eyes on Agasha-san again, I would like for her to publicly apologize for such a uncouth offense to me, and to all my sensei that trained me at the Seppun Guest Home Dojo. A letter to her daimyo will be sent after the miai ends."

The Imperial lifts, and Inoshishi ceases to exist until the sentence above is met.

There's a short bow to Koi, and he then walks out of the bathtub, carrying the mirror and the dagger.

/exit if not stopped
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:33 am

Koi would look at Inoshishi, her eyes filled with frustration and concern.

Motherfucker, is this the man I must battle for. She filled her mind with anger such anger.

She stood in the onsen, and said to Inoshishi with full pleading in her voice. "Please fix this, I bear not think about going back to the Moth Clan and losing you as a friend."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Inoshishi frowns slightly.

“Fix what? Not my fault he took Bai’s things. And if you’d rather him than me, you’ve changed a lot. Me, I’m just grateful he’s not gonna try to marry me. Can you imagine, me in an imperial court? Scared me to the bone when he invited me to tea. I thought he had tumbled to the…well, past.”

She looks at her friend and sometime lover.

“What do you care if the Seppun sees me or not? Too good to slum with Imperial rejects?”

Her voice is playful, but there’s a fear underneath amplified by a total lack of understanding why Koi cares.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai