(D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D12, MA, Baths) Splash of Glory (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:46 pm

"Eto. It is tradition that the blades of those descending from the Hantei are longer, even the shorter ones." He nerds about it, filled with reasoning, "Kunshu, the Ancestral Weapon of the Hantei is a katana in the length of a nodachi. Our sacred wakizashi are slightly longer, too, even if they are to be used indoors. We Miharu are trained to unsheathe them at a moment's notice."

Well, that took his attention away from the playful behavior of the two maidens.

"Agasha-san has not offended me. Accidents happen. Kaikoga-san is doing her work diligently as expected. I thank minna-san once again for the invitation, but I rather stay in here."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:57 pm

Inoshishi grins.

“Hai, Seppun-sama; you are correct of course, accidents happen. Which is why I forgive you for unsheathing your blade before two young women yesterday and preemptively forgive it today as well. We know sometimes we can have that effect on people, our wiles well known.

But it seems you have put it away while discussing your blade, how excellent!”

She smiles, pushing back into the little cruelties and stimulations Koi is giving her, her eyes fluttering happily as she suppressed any noise.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:07 pm

“Nani?” He raises his eyebrow and turns to both with a surprised and clearly not pleasing glare. “I was disarmed yesterday while in these baths. There was no such thing as unsheathing. I’m the one forgiving her. Why is Agasha-san trying to change the narrative’s perspective?”

What are these two doing, is the question in his head. Which makes he remind of something. “If Agasha-san is such a friend of Kaikoga-san, perhaps she can help with her friend’s additional assignment. I got into the possession of a odd mirror and I would required her knowledge to tell me what is does. It seems to reflect someone’s good image, Yet I worry it could change one’s personality rather too much as they become offensive.”

The boy turns and lifts to fetch the mirror right beside the dagger. Then, he wraps it in the small towel and moves to the border of the bath tub to extend an arm and offer the item being held to both ladies.

“Please. If you’re so kind.”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Koi sat and watched, her hands doing rather dexterous things in interesting ways under the water as she floated in the onsen enjoying the banter. "Change the narrative? Does narrative not flow like water? Changing from rigid to flaccid in moments from high points to low?" She avoided giggling before raising a brow.

"I have this for now, Ino-chan." She said softly, her tails trailing away from the Dragon teasingly as she rose from the onsen water onto a step.

Koi stood up, allowing such waters mentioned to trickle and flow downwards off soft but pillowy mountains that gave to wonderful pear shaped hills. She glanced at Inoshishi before nodding. "I am quite skilled at such taskes as it is something my clan is particularly educated in I would be honoured to use my skill for you Lord Seppun. I do have to say, meeting you in baths have become increasingly interesting encounters."

She took the towel, not touching the mirror to inspect it before frowning slightly. "But I shall see what the kami can tell me about this particularly mirror..."

Holding out the mirror, allowing it to reflect the upside down view of the mountains and the jaded flicker of her eyes. Rising hand, she allowed water to drop softly onto the glass as she exhaled breath before drawing a circle on the glass with her nail.
Swirling and flowing are the tides of magic, rushing and receding as they paused turning in their ways. I called upon the tides, the salt and the spring. Condensed and drawn, round and round.
Circle of power contain and show me your meaning.
Day 12. MA. Reflections of Pan Ku. Water/Theology. Moth School. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
1Opportunity symbol to negate 2 strife.
1Opportunity symbol to 1 opportunity: Gain knowledge of the item in broad strokes, such as where it was forged, the clan of the individual who has carried it the longest, etc.

Strife counter clock: 4/8.
Last edited by Kaikoga Koi on Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:07 pm
“Nani?” He raises his eyebrow and turns to both with a surprised and clearly not pleasing glare. “I was disarmed yesterday while in these baths. There was no such thing as unsheathing. I’m the one forgiving her. Why is Agasha-san trying to change the narrative’s perspective?”
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:41 pm
“I have this for now, Ino-chan." She said softly, her tails trailing away from the Dragon teasingly as she rose from the onsen water onto a step.
Inoshishi stomps on her grumpiness till Koi is enmeshed in her work before glaring at the Seppun.

“I am merely trying to be decorous! Not my fault you don’t recognize the similarity between this situation and the one yesterday, you and your, your, ochiko!” Not that she’s a prude, but being accused of changing the narrative. Really her? A storyteller? That was too far, even for the Seppun.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:44 pm

The Moth continued focusing on the spell, chanting and whispering verbally prayers to the Kami.

However, her brows did rise up at that.

Must focus on the spell.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 pm
Inoshishi stomps on her grumpiness till Koi is enmeshed in her work before glaring at the Seppun.

“I am merely trying to be decorous! Not my fault you don’t recognize the similarity between this situation and the one yesterday, you and your, your, ochiko!” Not that she’s a prude, but being accused of changing the narrative. Really her? A storyteller? That was too far, even for the Seppun.
“Decorous?” He wides his eyes in surprise as Inoshishi mentions his private part and he dips himself into the bath tub, “How can she mention such a thing and be decorous, Agasha-san? Yesterday was nothing but an unhappy accident. I won’t say I got assaulted, since I understand it was thought I needed help. So, Agasha-san is forgiven for… kami knows what, and not the way around.”
DescriptionTheme

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:45 pm
“Decorous?”
Inoshishi looks pointedly at the weapon the Seppun had been carrying. (Player isn’t certain where it is atm, sorry)

“I have no wish to quarrel, Seppun-sama, but I mostly feel like even a Seppun doesn’t get to talk about decorum while carrying a blade in a public bath. That seems about the least decorous thing here as well as rude to our hosts.

Of course none of that explains how you have Bai-Chan’s mirror here. You do know I spend most of my nights in her room, neh?” She colors. “Not like that. The smells remind me of my father’s alchemy lab.

But even then, I assume you have an honorable reason for taking it without notifying her not even giving her a receipt. I’m sure the emerald magistrate in town has such on file, neh?

Perhaps an apology for stating that a Chronicler is changing the narrative might remove the need to check.”

She is certainly fuming about that comment.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:20 pm

“Those accusations are invalid, Agasha-san. Both. As we are all samurai here. Carrying a weapon isn’t an issue. I even warned beforehand as not to bother minna-san. I was using it to get inspired for a poem while I relax. That’s all.”

Yuzu chuckles, “Kaito-san delivered me this item so I would investigate it further. She was acting rather oddly this morning, and I would like to understand why she did so. This mirror might contains answers.”

Then, he rubs his head, “As for the narrative, this is no theater to change the way things happened to make it appear more favorable or dramatic. I do not apologize for that…”

The young Seppun clears his throat, “What I do apologize is for having jested yesterday while I was underwater and concerned Agasha-san. And then unfolding the whole situation.”

Finnaly, Yuzu bows his head, apologetically, and remains silent.
DescriptionTheme

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:19 am

Inoshishi bows as well, the unusual smolder of frustration gone as fast as it was lit.

"There is no apology necessary, Seppun-sama, my pride was merely stung. I should not have spoken as I did. I assume the mirror will be returned when your examinations are done."

She settles back, waiting for Koi to finish her entreaties to the kami.