[D12 EA:] The Moth and the Phoenix (Expecting, Koi's Room)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D12 EA:] The Moth and the Phoenix (Expecting, Koi's Room)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:46 pm

"Worse case scenario you marry me and spend your days having an relationship with Aimi which I wholeheartedly support." She said applicably. "Or I see you throw the Seppun into a pond which I don't mind seeing."

She nods. "Well, that went easier than I thought "
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:48 pm

"Well. Maybe it's getting beaten nearly unconscious this morning, but I'm not feeling any more... difficult than usual."

He grinned and sipped his tea.

"And whatever my objections may or may not be, I can't pretend I'm terribly happy in the army. Proximity to the woman I love going into the mix? I know when I'm beaten."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:19 pm

Koi nods. "That is fair, least you aren't me I had kami hurled at me by Aimi-chan."

She touches her eyebrows before sighing in relief. "At least they are still here."

There was a moment that caused Koi to pause. "What is it like as a Phoenix?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:44 pm

"How do you mean? In general? Dealing with shugenja? Dealing with others? It's kind of a broad question when put that way..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Koi mused for a moment, and pondered. "Paint me a picture of your lands, from all perspectives we haven't talked about your Clan together as of yet and I might be paired with you. I would not wish to go unprepared."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:29 pm

"Oh, the lands are amazing... with the spirituality at the core of being Phoenix, we try to preserve as much natural harmony as possible. And we've got a lot of diversity- we've got mountains only slightly less awe-inspiring than the Dragon, we have one of the deepest forests in Rokugan, we have coastal plains, and all things in between."

He seemed to be warming to the subject.

"I've gotten to see more of it than a lot of people- being in a Great Clan, the lands you can traverse without leaving home are lot more... varied. We've got borders with the sea, the Lion, the Dragon, and the Yobanjin to the north. There's a lot to cover between those boundaries- but you can usually count on a shrine being nearby, and generally speaking, we try to keep things peaceful. It's... still a lot to cover in one question, to be honest..."

[This counts as indulging his Travel passion far as I'm concerned, so yay, -3 strife!]
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm

The Moth sat and listened, refilling their cups as he spoke.

She nodded. "I spent a little time in the Phoenix land about 2 years ago, I was travelling with a Ronin Acting troupe for a while." She explained, calmly. "We travelled most of the Dragonland, and Phoenix for a spell. I enjoyed the villages the most but we did not stay for too long, apparently the leader of the band had some history with the Asako who maintained the village we were in - what was his name...Asako Jikuro? Jiro? Ah! Jin-Kiri."

"I always wanted to go back and learn more about the spirit realms, it has been on my to do list but I never got the chance too." She chuckled. "I long to walk through some of your libraries and to learn about the wonders of the world more than I can now." She chuckled. "What of your family?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 pm

"The Shiba in general, or my family in particular? The answer's likely to be pretty dull either way..."
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:51 pm

Koi sighed, and raised a brow at Raizo. "You know I meant your direct family."

The Moth's tone was polite, and kind but teasing.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:15 pm

"Ah, the less pleasant one. I'm an only child. Dad was born an Asako, and clearly wishes he'd stayed that way. He's a modestly successful courtier in Nikesake. Mom served for years as a yojimbo to someone whose charge was never threatened. Ever. Once I was born, she spent as little time around Dad as possible. I haven't seen either one since my gempukku. Haven't written them since either."
Remember to Breathe