[D12 EA:] The Moth and the Phoenix (Expecting, Koi's Room)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D12 EA:] The Moth and the Phoenix (Expecting, Koi's Room)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:40 am

Koi laughed. "No you won't have, and you know it."

She poured herself a glass.

"So, how are things for you and Aimi going?" She asked casually.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:43 am

"A strange mixture of bliss when we're together and terror at the fact that we're entirely at the mercy of people who had us beating each other up this morning."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:51 am

Koi made a face as she sipped her tea. "Isnt that true."

She sighed. "She looked beautiful yesterday in the kimono I got her and the hair piece. I am glad you came to me."

Koi said softly. "I wish to give you an opportunity to be with her regardless of what happens...I am now in a position where I might be able to do that. Would you hear me out?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:53 am

"She always looks beautiful. But you knew that. And you have my attention."

None of his flippance. Not even an effort to pretend he wasn't keenly interested.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Koi sat back and nodded.

"I have been hired by Lord Governor Seppun Yuzu to become his Imperial Secretary for Minor Clan Relations within his territory. I have planned to offer Aimi my right hand position to work alongside me as my number two once this miai has ended. She would of course be expected to live within the capital." She said this calmly. "She will be assisting me with growing relationships amongst the Minor Clans on behalf of the Imperial families."

Koi took a deep breath. "Lord Seppun has requested I fill my staff request and present it to him shortly. I have already spoken to Aimi about this, and I wish for you to be my yojimbo. To protect myself during our duties. Of course, this is under acceptance of Lord Seppun and Lord Shika but I think I can make a strong case."

D12. EA Pushing Seppun Yuzu Agenda. Water/Courtesy | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
1Opportunity symbol to negate Strife.
+1 Agenda

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:09 pm

He chewed on that.

It was so very tempting, but...

"Yojimbo need to be able to duel. If this morning proved anything, it's that you could do a lot better there."

He paused.

"And there's the slight matter of the fact that your Imperial patron is someone I think needs a chamber pot slopped over his head and both arms broken so he can't take it off. That might cause you some difficulties..."
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:18 pm

Koi said softly. "We have time to improve. I am not totally defenseless, and who cares. If we end up resulting in duels I deserve what I get because I would have failed at my job." She said. "Your job is to watch our backs, and be a trusted friend. That is your real job. Also to listen, to learn and study those we meet from a distances. Find flaws. Find weaknesses. Report them at the end of meetings."

"Your main job is to make Aimi happy until you both pass on to the next life. I would have you spend your life doing that." She said it commandingly, but there is love in her words before she snorts.

"I think the little punk deserves it half the time." She said, and sipped her tea. "He forced me into this position, I am going to get back in my own little ways - hiring a Kasuga, a former ronin and you." She said softly.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:20 pm

"Be careful. That one thinks his name gives him the right to do anything. And in the capital, he might be correct- aggravate him too much and things could get... ugly. But that main job... happens to be one I really, really want. So. You make it very difficult to refuse."
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Koi nods. "I worry about that as well it is why I am choosing a team that could work well with one another. We have each others back and work our hardest to succeed. Worse case, we have you." She joked.

Koi smiled. "Is that you accepting my offer Raizo-kun?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:38 pm

"Don't see how I could refuse. Either my wife to be will be stationed with you, in which case I'd be around anyhow, or the passionate affair I'd be pursuing only becomes possible if I accept."

He seemed more amused than anything else.

"And Aimi having a place in the capital, a position with some respect afforded it? That carries a great deal of weight with me."
Remember to Breathe