(D11LA, Open) Please no more drowning

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Agasha Inoshishi

Re: (D11LA, Open) Please no more drowning

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:05 pm

She smiles, happily.

"I grew up among the Agasha. The smell of sulfur and chemicals was in my nose from the moment I was born. It's a lovely place, if stark and smokey often. The altitude provides such a clear view of the world. I often think you low-landers need to visit to see the world as we do. I grew to love the colors you can make with the various powdered metals and Earths. Truly amazing fireworks can be made from them."
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:14 pm

"I didn't know you make fireworks. That's something I'd like to see. Though I imagine they wouldn't work so well with all this rain?" he says, assuming that the word fire in fireworks meant that the water would put them out.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:27 am

She tilts her hand back and forth in a 'kinda' gesture.

"Well, once they catch fire, they're fine, they burn bright and fast enough that unless they're hit directly with a drop of water, they won't fizzle. And I haven't made any in awhile, but they are so fun! You grind down metal ores and other things to very very very tiny particles and place some things in to help them stick together and then sparks and then BAM, colored light show! It's how I feel closest to my heritage, since I didn't follow my parents into the Sacred Arts of the Agasha."
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:18 am

"Maybe someday I can get to see some you've made on display," he says with a slight smile, more authentic than the previous ones, if still touched by sadness. It seems that there is magic in fireworks for just about everyone. Even if just discussing them.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:46 pm

She nods.

"I'm hoping it'll be alright to set off a display once we're all done with this choosing that's going to happen. Then we'll all be more relaxed and able to have fun." She smiles widely, clearly looking forward to everything from here on out.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:52 pm

"That would be nice. I haven't seen a fireworks display in a couple years. They're not so big on them in Kitsu lands, but the Ikoma don't mind some more excitement with their celebrations."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:17 am

Inoshishi cocks an eyebrow. “Not big because people don’t make them bug there or because the Kitsu just aren’t into them? The Ikoma family has always gotten along best with me anyway! But perhaps we need to bring fireworks to the Kitsu in the future.”

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:20 am

"The Kitsu are very reserved compared to the Ikoma. But I got my training from Ikoma, like Moshu, so we tend to be a bit more outgoing than others of our family."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Inoshishi nods. “Hai, I’m well familiar with the Ikoma! Ever since I spent some less-wise nights fresh off the mountains drinking with the Ikoma, I’ve been well-loved by the bards. I look forward to joining your ranks when I enter your clan.”

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:58 pm

He nods at that. "Assuming that we're both Lion after the Deer announce their pairings. But I do hope to call you cousin some day," he says with a smile.