(D11LA, Open) Please no more drowning

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Agasha Inoshishi

Re: (D11LA, Open) Please no more drowning

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:07 am

Inoshishi giggles. "Oh yes, I suppose we did get a little...touchy...at that picnic. Which surprises me that you noticed, as we were not the only ones getting touchy! And while you may be told to stay away today, what of it? I'd say your chances look better than even in the end. I'm still not sure what Ishi-san is thinking half the time. You men, always moping."

She laughs as she says that, trying to bring the levity back.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:03 am

"This isn't a permanent thing, but... I'm moping because I hurt her. Something I did not ever want to do," he explains. "She is so important to me."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Inoshishi looks a little sad, but still keeps her smile.

“Murato-San, you may, of course do as you please. However, consider this. When we make a castle, do we not harm the stone and trees? And yet if we didn’t, we’d never have the safety of their walls.

Also, consider the scars of an old warrior. To such a one, they can touch these scars in memory of a lesson learned, a victory achieved. Without such a scar, might they not feel so confident? It is our injuries that us whole in spirit, if not in body.”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:52 pm

"I have scars and I understand that lesson, but a wound also does not start feeling better right away. It hurts and we either drown out the pain or live with it. The pain is still fresh"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 pm

Inoshishi frowns slightly, trying to find a way to help her friend effectively,

“I suppose that I am not really speaking if pain. The Togashi see pain as a distraction and a reminder and so ignore the one and embrace the other. It is a distraction from our duty and a reminder to be in the present so we may not feel it again.

Just as one wouldn’t willingly go into battle with an untested samurai, one shouldn’t rush to marriage untested either. This is that test. Ishi-san and I have had our moments, and they have bound us together more tightly. I hope it is this way with you and Bai-san.”

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:17 pm

"I do too. I love her. She loves me. But I am not the only one she loves."

"But what bothers me most is that sometimes a wound heals stronger than before, and sometimes it never fully heals in the end. And I won't know which might happen until I see her again."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:41 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:17 pm
"I do too. I love her. She loves me. But I am not the only one she loves."

"But what bothers me most is that sometimes a wound heals stronger than before, and sometimes it never fully heals in the end. And I won't know which might happen until I see her again."
Inoshishi nods, all too aware of this fear.

“In knowing that, you can do what you may to see that it does. The wound unseen is the one that festers. Or the one picked at. A happy middle seems the way, at least to me.

How many of us do not have feelings for at least two here? It is…for the best. The realities of our life make it hard to stay and be near but one.

I am sorry you are wounded in this way, my friend. I hope it will go well for you.”

Even Inoshishi only has so many words of wisdom. She rests in the pool, trying to think of something else to say.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:45 pm

Murato nods at that, but he comes up with another topic, hoping to avoid speaking about his pain for a bit. "We've never really talked about you. I shared my stories, but haven't learned anything about your life really."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Inoshishi smiles mildly.

"Aww, who say's there's more to tell about me?"

The smile and the giggle as she says it easily show that there is, in fact, more about her, regardless of what she might want to say. She tilts her head slightly, waiting for him to respond, then says, "Well, as we'll be clansmates soon enough, ask and I will answer."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:44 pm

He nods at the offer to question her. "Tell me about where you grew up?"