(D11 ME) Evening Meal With The Sun

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

(D11 ME) Evening Meal With The Sun

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Murato was glad for the sake he had flowing in him. He might otherwise feel too damn depressed to entertain, as it stands, he had offloaded the worst of his feelings during the day, had a warm buzz going, and wasn't drunk enough to be an idiot.

He had arranged for an evening meal for two with miso, grilled fish over rice, pickled vegetables and a pot of tea or bottle of sake as options. He sat patiently for his invited guest.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moshi Shizuka

Re: (D11 ME) Evening Meal With The Sun

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:51 am

As with the previous evening, Shizuka was fashionably late.

The makeup took time to put on, after all, and even years of practice didn't make moving around in all those robes any easier.

Still, there she was, rapping quietly upon the door. "Good evening, Kitsu-san. I, Moshi Shizuka, have arrived."
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:37 am

He moves to the door and slides it open, inviting her in with a gesture. "Thanks for coming, Moshi-san," he says with a warm, relaxed smile.

He doesn't smell like booze, having at least had the good sense to change. "How has your day been?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:19 am

"Quite well," Shizuka replied with politeness demanded by such small-talk. She accepted the invitation to enter.

"And as to you, Kitsu-san, how has the Lady Sun found your day to be?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:22 am

"It's been... a day. But I suspect that time spent in lovely company will be a welcome improvement," he replies with a nod.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:19 am

"Again, you flatter me, Kitsu-san." Shizuka artfully hides a blush which, given her use of cosmetics, likely wasn't going to show through anyway.

"Shall we dine, then?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 am

"Of course," he says, taking up chopsticks. "Itadakimasu," he says smiling at her and waiting for his guest to eat first.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:14 am

Which Shizuka does. She eats with surprising gusto: no restrained consumption like her clerical professional would suggest nor dainty degustation like, say, a proper maiden would do as popularized by the Crane. I mean, it wasn't messy or rude, but girl came to eat so that's what she's doing.

"This is pretty good, Kitsu-san. Please, join in."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:09 am

It was surprising and welcome, joining her in eating the meal energetically. It didn't take too long to finish the meal, as his buzz ensured he was hungry enough for not so dainty bites. After finishing, he indicated the two drink options.

"Sake or tea?" he seems to have his eyes on the sake.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:25 am

"Why choose only one?" Shizuka asked temptingly, picking up the tea pot and pouring for the both of them. "There are plenty of choices enough in this world where you have to leave behind one thing for another. After-dinner drinks aren't one of them, neh?"