[D11, EN, Narumi's room, closed] Seriously?

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D11, EN, Narumi's room, closed] Seriously?

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:17 pm

"No, it's about you. You deserve a partner. Someone who understands how hard it's been just to get here. How all the things from before still hurt and still hang around and still get you even when you feel safe. It's hard. He isn't ready for that. I've known a thousand samurai like him, Narumi, and he's a good person, but he can't..." Ishioka bows his head. "He can't handle someone like us," he says quietly, any anger or annoyance already spent.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:43 pm

"Neh, it's still about you, Ishioka; what you think I need, what you think is best for me, what you think I want most," she fumes, voice raising again narrowly.
"He knows who I am. He's been through his own version of hell too. The difference is he doesn't let it consume him! He's not defined by what happened to him.
Look, what happened to you and to I was horrific and tragic and nearly destroyed us, but we stand taller for it albeit with defenses and precautionary walls and stiffness in an effort to find the protection we didn't have when we needed it.
That's not Bo. And honestly that is what started my falling for him."

She realizes she's still standing, and moves to kneel in front of him, squeezing her eyes shut and putting a palm on the floor to stop the world from spinning from the sudden movement.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:50 pm

Ishioka's head remains bowed, accepting Narumi's judgement, but when she goes to floor, he's immediately concerned.

"Narumi-san, are you alright?" He asks gently but anxiously, leaning forward on his knees and placing his hand lightly on hers.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:08 pm

"I'm fine!" she stresses again.
But she's not fine, not even close. Incredibly drunk and letting her emotion get the better of her, she's clearly hit her breaking point. He'd feel her stiffen under his touch but almost immediately relaxes and doesn't pull away.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:17 pm

The Matsu is conflicted, and it's evident on the face she may not see, but he doesn't hesitate long. He scoots his knees just to the side of hers and wraps his arms around her shoulders. It's a firm hug, and he's planning to hold it while she yells at him more.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:49 pm

He scoops her up into his solid embrace and she pushes back against him before melting into him for a moment of quiet calm before reigniting and pushing back again so they're face to face.
"How is this fair?" she asks shrilly. "You can love two women but I'm not allowed the same courtesy? Why? What makes it okay for you and not for me?" She's not necessarily yelling, but she certainly isn't quiet. "Because I don't want you both at the same time? Because for me it's one or the other, not both?"
Her voice cracks here but she's not done.
"I've done everything you asked of me! Everything I thought you wanted, I gave to you! And it's not fair," her eyes water with frustration.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:53 pm

"No, it's not fair," he concedes, voice so faint it sounds haunting. "And if... If it's my fault, I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing here, even though I convinced myself for a while that I did. But... I do know that I love you. That we should be together. I just..." He sighs, sitting back on his heels. "I need to trust in the experts. My grandfather would be disappointed that I thought I was smarter, that..." He shakes his head. "You love who you love, and I won't argue."
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Her eyes narrowed again even as he pulls back and so does she, before taking a breath and letting it go.
"And I love you back." her voice finally drops, though her eyes still spark with liquid courage.

"But I'm allowed to be angry. I don't like the position you've put me in, Ishioka. Or the solution your Dragon has presented. I don't like that I can't be what you so obviously want, but it's not working, and I don't like that it's my fault you're not getting what you want, either.
I've spent enough of my life going against what makes me happy for the sake of what others want from me. I can't do it anymore."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:34 pm

Ishioka closes his eyes and bows his head. All that's left is the final blow then.

"It can't be me anymore, can it," he asks softly, sounding like death had already half-taken him. "Because I asked... Because I pushed... I swore I wouldn't, but... And..." He takes a heavy breath and just stops, ready for the katana to fall.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:55 pm

"I wish it was different," she begins slowly. "I'm tired of trying and failing to be what you want, and instead only underscoring the naïve idiot your Dragon thinks I am. The truth of it is when I'm with you, there's no where else I'd rather be." She smiles sadly at the thought.
"But lately I'm never with you. We're always talking about her. And how we can be as a unit. And what you want always involves her. I can't keep doing this, Ishioka!" Her volume rises again.
"In trying to make you happy, I in turn am miserable. What's worse is she's an absolute delight... But you have to admit that lately you've been miserable around me, too." Narumi tucks loose locks of hair behind her ears as tears swell in her eyes, dousing the sparks that had risen. But she's still not done.

"I told you upfront I wasn't going to compete for you, but I can't compromise myself for you, either. I don't want to make you choose, because you love her equally and I wouldn't dare hurt you that way, or think I could deny her when what she wants is so absolute. So what am I supposed to do? I'll choose for you. Marry your Dragon." she's trembling now, both from bitter remnants of anger and heartbreak.