(D10EA, Minae's room, closed) An unpleasant meeting

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Agasha Inoshishi

(D10EA, Minae's room, closed) An unpleasant meeting

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:59 am

Inoshishi looks frightened and irritated as she makes her way to Minae's room. She stops, looking both ways to make sure the hallway is clear before scritching on the Scorpion's door.

Bad enough she was here. Last thing she needed was anyone asking why. Thankfully, she'd been genuinely having a good time with other friends this last week, so no one would think it that amiss if one of those old friends happened to be Scorpion. Or, if need be, that Ino had been day-drinking and went to the wrong room.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Bayushi Minae

Re: (D10EA, Minae's room, closed) An unpleasant meeting

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:52 am

"A moment please." came the Scorpion's voice.

After having just enough time to consider running away, but before actually doing so, the door opened.

The Scorpion eyed the Dragon appraisingly.

"Hmm, Agasha Inoshishi, yes?" she said identifying the mushroom munching madwoman.
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:37 am

Inoshishi rolls her eyes elaborately before flicking one of those self-same mushrooms at the Scorpion's nose.

"Oh. Boy. I am SO surprised. To have bumped into you."

She switches to a mocking impression of Minae's voice.
"Oh please, Agasha-san, won't you come inside, I was just finishing tea that is very much not poisoned."

In a much, much lower voice, she mutters, "We need to talk. No one is coming, let's do this."

Yes, she was here. Didn't mean she was happy about it.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:43 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:37 am
Inoshishi rolls her eyes elaborately before flicking one of those self-same mushrooms at the Scorpion's nose.

"Oh. Boy. I am SO surprised. To have bumped into you."

She switches to a mocking impression of Minae's voice.
"Oh please, Agasha-san, won't you come inside, I was just finishing tea that is very much not poisoned."

In a much, much lower voice, she mutters, "We need to talk. No one is coming, let's do this."

Yes, she was here. Didn't mean she was happy about it.
"Why it is as you say, Agashia-san, the toothless cur does bark the loudest!" she said. "Please do come in and tell me more about the Tao."

Mockery WAS one of Minae's favorite tools, and she did enjoy reminding the Agasha who exactly was holding the leash.

She was allowed into the inn room. There were quite a few gifts scattered about the room. Small pieces of art, jewelry, perfume, and a plethora of other gifts.

The door was closed once the Agasha was within.

"And how can Agashia-san help me today?" she said with a small smile.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:07 pm

:) "Bayushi Minae" wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:43 am
"Why it is as you say, Agashia-san, the toothless cur does bark the loudest!" she said. "Please do come in and tell me more about the Tao."
As Inoshishi enters then room, she clearly knows whose holding the leash and in this case, and this case only, finds that it chafes.

“Well, this one time, Shinsei said that you should (*insert anatomically unlikely, impractical, and certainly unsafe suggestion *)
:) "Bayushi Minae" wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:43 am

"And how can Agashia-san help me today?" she said with a small smile.
“Other than suggesting a new recreational pastime for you for which you are better suited?”

Inoshishi sighs, irritated.

“Look, who do you want me to talk to about this brilliant idea of yours? I’ve talked to the lion…unsurprisingly, they either don’t care or are amused at the Crane getting married all low. And don’t get me wrong, I think its fucking hilarious. But I avoid them for a reason. Doesn’t seem likely I’m going to sway any opinions.”

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:21 pm

Minae arranged herself comfortably on one of the room's ushions.

"Oh really, Inu-chan? You've done all you can and gosh darn it it wasn't enough?" she says with mock disappointment and a pout, and her own take on a nickname for the Dragon. 'Little Dog'

She smiled a bit.

"From what I've heard, you've been having the time of your life at this miai. Out drinking sake and perhaps indulging in something a bit stronger than sake, and getting into all kinds of wacky charming hijinks." she recounted.

"And yet, you can't seem to find the time to talk to the hosts about this match, or your drinking buddies or simply anyone at the multiple events. How sad. But I understand. I've been very busy too." she said with mock understanding sympathy.

She toyed with a small netsuke.

"But don't worry, Inu-chan, if you can't find the time to talk to more people about this in the next two days, I'll be sure to find the time to talk to the hosts about things they really ought to know before they make the final judgement as to whom you should be going home with at the end." she threatened.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Inoshishi flushes, her eyes flaring multiple times over the conversation, anger, embarrassment and agitation warring across her features.

“What would our hosts care what I have to say, large Meinu-San?” (Yup, with that name, maybe the dog card wasn’t her best move). “After all, I but a small mongrel that no one listens to, chained up outside for barking.” She scowls.

“And no wonder, with handlers like you. Did it never occur to you that after riding with the Mantis I might find joy in bringing dishonor to both their houses. Please, don’t tell me your nature, I know.”

“Thank you for the lovely tea. I’ll go bray at our hosts and if they take offense at one such as I, I will be sure to tell them of where I received the suggestion. Are there any other words of wisdom you wish me to hear?”

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Minae smiled.

"Enjoy every day as if it were your last, Inu-chan." she said with a dismissive wave.