[Day 10, EE, Edogawa's] Time for Dinner

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsuki Edogawa

Re: [Day 10, EE, Edogawa's] Time for Dinner

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:37 pm

Moshi Shizuka wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:06 am
"Enough to keep the crops watered." Shizuka ventured. "It's pleasant there, mostly: even when it rains, the sun shines through the clouds to remind us of the Lady Sun's grace."

"After all," The priestess said with the beginnings of a wry smirk, "that means the clouds are not that thick and the rain will not be overly harsh."
"Also indicating that they will not last." he nodded. "That does sound nice. Weather in the mountains can be quite harsh at times."
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:18 am

"But there is beauty in that harshness, so I'm told. I had a visitor from Dragon lands once who said as much; they had no complaints about the weather in my family's lands but found it too sedate for their liking."

Pausing to have some of the food on offer, Shizuka concluded her thought.

"I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that we become used to the weather at our homes."
Centipede Clan β€’ Shugenja β€’ Sun Priestess β€’ Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:23 am

"I like change." he said. "I enjoy new environments, new experiences. I want to discover new ideas."
Dragon Clan πŸ‰ Investigator πŸ‰ Courtier πŸ‰ Bushi πŸ‰ Gamer πŸ‰ Curious πŸ‰ Softhearted πŸ‰ Observant πŸ‰ Wise πŸ‰ Doom Whispered

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:36 am

"Oh?" Shizuka asked, her surprised tone genuine. She didn't sounds like she was disapproving of such things - odd, given how traditionally the Moshi were reputed to be and how Shizuka herself normally went about, but still... "I...well, erm. Really? Is that so? Tell me more, Kitsuki-san."

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:17 pm

"The more we learn, the more we experience new things, the better we understand the world and our place in it." he explained. "As a Kitsuki, we are trained to observe details and deduce truths from them. The more we know about a situation, the easier it is to discern what events caused it and what may happen next. That isn't limited to the crimes our magistrates investigate or even to negotiations in court. That can be applied to almost anything, if one has enough information."

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:29 am

"I can't say that's the way of my family." Shizuka admits with a tinge of bitterness. "Our faith is strong. It is the rock upon which we stand, our arms and voices raised towards our Lady, so that she might shine down on us."

"But the light that reveals and warms us can be blinding, too." This part she murmured softly.

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:31 pm

He nodded. "For us, it can be all too easy to focus on the details and miss everything else. Finding new perspectives can be invaluable."

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:46 am

"Right?!" The Moshi's tone began to pick up a bit of fire to it.

For once, even for a little, Shizuka did not act as she normally did: as a priestess aping an oiran's mannerisms...or perhaps the other way around...?

She frowned a little. "To shut out the world just because the light that gets stared at all day is warm and comfortable is frustrating. Some would think anyone doing so was less man than moth."

Exhaling sharply, Shizuka closed her eyes a moment and let go of whatever gripe it was roiled up by this talk. Well, perhaps less 'let go' and more 'suppressed'.

She busied her mouth chewing away at a bit more food, lest she say something else.

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:43 pm

"There is so much of the world to see." he nodded. "Everything Lady Amaterasu shines her light upon and more."

He took a few bites of his meal.