[D10 EE Baths] Cleanliness is Next to Kaminess

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D10 EE Baths] Cleanliness is Next to Kaminess

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Tanabe's head rose and he looked at the Bayushi with a slight shrug "some think themselves mind readers but your heart and mind are your own. Why assume when I can ask?" He said in a tone that implied it was the simplest concept in the world.

But then her other words caught up to him "huh? Uh really? I uh I didn't get that impression....they seemed to not really talk much to me if that was their goal?" He said maybe a touch flustered and a little confused.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm

"I had offered to help but when the slew of three or so others joined in it turned into a mess and they got caught up trying to answer." She shrugged vaguely.

It took her longer to continue the second thread of conversation. "That is what I would assume as well but others seem to not hold the same beliefs." There was another long pause. "I left someone I cared deeply for back on the Wall. We had tried to get married but it was rejected. My clan sent me here not long after that. Since then I've done what I can to focus elsewhere so I wouldn't be a wife that yearns for another but it's difficult."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:48 pm

Tanabe nodded a look of sympathy in his eyes "Ah that can't be easy." He commented with a little tenderness, he thought for a moment "Well, your Clan owns you body, mind, and soul we live to serve and all that. Unfortunately hearts never got that letter." He said with a small smile "I can, imagine, if not totally get it."

"Would you like advice? Or my thoughts?" He asked with a raised eyebrow

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:06 pm

"Trust me. The Scorpion know more than most that our clan owns us. We are nothing but steadfastly loyal. It was a pipe dream between us and I wouldn't have even asked but she was deadset on at least trying. She'd wake me up every morning asking me if I had asked about it yet. Instead it backfired and we were separated."

A shrug. "You can offer them if you'd like."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:01 pm

The Otter were an odd clan and cared less about a lot of things other samurai were very staunch about. As it were he had to stop himself from hugging the Scorpion, his own heart grew a little heavy from her tale.

But he paused for a moment thinking "well, for what it's worth I don't think it was wrong for you to try. We spend so much of ourselves on our Clan a harmonius marriage with someone you care about is little to ask for in my opinion. I'm sorry your Clan didn't see it the same way." It seemed cruel but he had heard Scorpion could be that way.

"So do you fight against the miai because it is, in a way, a punishment? Or because you feel you were taught a lesson about Duty?" He paused a little "or because you are afraid of it happening again?" The last was a risk but he thought it was possible and to get hard truths we have to ask hard questions.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:32 pm

"I fight against the miai because it's already difficult enough to work out a marriage in Rokugan with a stranger. I'm not going to make it more difficult by trying to pick someone and then when I don't get them, making my forced spouse deal with me whining over how I didn't get who I wanted." She paused. "And.. because it feels wrong to already be searching for someone to replace her in my heart. I think it would be easier for me to deal with if I I was assigned a spouse than trying to pick one on my own like my Crab didn't exist."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:47 am

The first reason was true enough but the second felt more real. Maybe because he understood it more "Well you do realize the events are more for the matchmakers than for us. I don't think they expect someone to see how well you hunt and swoon." He said with a light chuckle "not participating tells them just as much as participating."

It was his turn to pause "but I understand not participating" He said with an emphasis making it clear he wasn't talking about the events "if I were where you are I would find it hard to....indulge, the way a lot of others seem to. By the rumors it seems like many are indulging in all their vices while they are here, it's worse than the affairs at a winter court." He grinned and shook his head

"I get it though, your heart is definitely in the right place. I hope it heals quickly Bayushi-sama." He said offering a more sincere tone and look

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:58 am

"Then let it tell them. I can't bring myself to care." She waved her hand dismissively. Talking about her emotions and feelings was difficult and uncomfortable. So the conversation topic had gone on long enough in Luixian's mind. She had explained her reasoning. She had heard his advice and thoughts on the matter. The topic was finished.

"And what of you? Last we spoke you mentioned the Kuni that's roaming around here. How has it been going with her?" It was a clear shift to take the attention off of herself.
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:34 am

Obvious enough for the lug of an Otter to see and not comment on he instead just smiled "Well." he said simply at first "Not sure what you're curious about, she returns my feelings, we made an offering to Musubi earlier today. Her idea was quite sweet." he said with a smile that softened at the edges a little bit.

He cleared his throat "But yes in general I've had a good time at this miai, fell in love and made a few new friends." he gave her a significant look with a smile "or at least interesting people."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:56 pm

"There's no shortage of "interesting" people around here certainly. Most of them fall to the annoying side of it. But I hope the Fortune's smile down upon you as well as that old nakodo running around here. You'll need more of her blessing than you will of the Fortunes'." She snorted and her eyes narrowed in that way that made it seem like she was smiling under her mask. Then she looked away and closed her eyes.

"Any idea what's up with all of this rain? Seems like it hasn't stopped in weeks."
Profile/Description