[D10 EE Baths] Cleanliness is Next to Kaminess

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D10 EE Baths] Cleanliness is Next to Kaminess

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Tanabe nodded "yeah thats kind of how I see it, whether it's land or buildings or boats it's really the people that matter." He said with a wide smile.

"But yeah I mean it depends on the clan, the Otter are just very flexible. We learn from a young age to just go with the current of life. Some Minor clans like the Centipede or the Flacon are just as devoted to a particular duty as any major clan."

He sighed a little with relief enjoying the Soak "The Otter are unique, we just became a clan forty years ago, samurai are alive today that remember a time when the Otter were just geisha and ronin. We are still building our story, our legacy, our legends. Being new is hard but it means a lot of opportunity to grow and change."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:17 pm

"It seems a lot of geisha and ronin are getting their own clans now. Isn't that Cat clan or whatever also geisha and acrobats with no doubt many ronin thrown into the mix? Seems at this point there are many minor clans popping up all over the place with more being spoken about or coming out of the woodwork as the days go by."

She paused. "Not that it's bad. Just curious more than anything."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:43 pm

Tanabe shrugged "yeah but what else would they be made up of? Ronin have always been the basis for most newly formed minor clans and geisha and ronin go together like Crab and Sake. Usually where you can find one the other isn't far behind." He said as he opened his eyes looking at Luixian.

"But yeah seems like more minor clans are being made as of late. Not sure maybe the Emperor is just having some fun seeing what crazy minor clans he can come up with." Tanabe says with a chuckle.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:42 pm

She snorted though it sounded more sarcastic than her usual ones. "Perhaps. It's annoying though. Some of them get uppity when you don't know about them. Not our faults that they're popping up like rabbit babies after a normal spring." A pause. "But you can't forget the peasants along with that. Peasants, ronin and geisha. Even heard rumors of some monks turning tail and joining a minor clan."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:15 am

Tanabe laughed a bit "Yeah some Minor Clans feel like they got something to prove, and I mean yeah a lot of Great Clanners can look down on us and it annoys some but just the way the world works. If you know how good you are you don't need approval from the great clan samurai." he said with a shrug.

then he frowned a little "Well not too many peasants get to join even minor clans as far as I know, peasants becoming samurai is pretty rare from what I understand. Celestial order and all that." he said making a dismissive circle with his hand "Not unheard of though. And some peasants join just like they are part of any other clan though work the land and do other stuff to keep territory running."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:52 pm

"Most people have something to prove. Most of the time they end up showing their ass." She commented. "We all have our duties and our spots. If you don't like where you are you can usually move up in some manner. Earn status and show them what you can do."

She didn't say anything again in regards to the celestial order. Instead she stood up. "Think it's about time I get out of here before I turn into a giant wrinkle. Would be unfortunate for everyone to see. It's been good though."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:14 pm

Tanabe nodded in simple agreement to her statement and as she rose he rose with her "yeah you're right as fond as I am of the bath too long would be bad news." Said the large proportioned Otter with a laugh. His eyes better disciplined this time didn't go roaming the Scorpion's body.

"Nice talking with you Bayushi-sama." He said with a bow the formality maybe slightly absurd coupled with the nudity.