(D10EM, Ishioka's Room, expecting) Where am I?

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Agasha Inoshishi

Re: (D10EM, Ishioka's Room, expecting) Where am I?

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:35 am

Inoshishi giggles. Full on giggles. So inappropriate. She stills herself after a moment. With wide, loving eyes, she looks up at Ishioka, her hand squeezing his.

"My beloved, the first steps always had to be our own. When two clans feud, the Imperial Emissary shows up after the battle is joined, not before. It is wiser to be the one who ratifies the peace than the one who yells 'stay your swords!' to no avail. Even Shiba Toriiko knew this when she maneuvered her army between the Lion and Crane. They drew no sword as they died, causing the Lion commanders to commit seppuku and the Crane commander to retire to a monastery. I hope you don't follow her methods but instead help us rebuild. I believe that we have acknowledged that this is as pointless as chopping rice."

Her gaze slides over to Narumi, checking to make sure that the tentative cease fire holds this morning.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:26 am

A half smile is given in confirmation of the cease fire.
Her gaze ticks back and forth between Ino and Ishioka and then back again. Quiet and thoughtful, even though thinking hurt. A lot. She picked up the glass of water and sipped slowly to prevent it coming right back up.
"There was never an intention of leaving you behind," dark eyes land on Ishioka then and hold there, apologetic.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:03 pm

Ishioka nods. They can see he still has some feelings he isn't sharing just now, maybe couldn't articulate them all at this moment if he tried. But he smiles at them both, one hand on each.

"We'll be ok." He takes a deep breath. "This is all... unexpected... But it's going to work out for the best." Maybe it's more optimism than usual for the thoughtful Matsu, but he thinks they could all use some.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Seeing him start to get happier, Inoshishi’s usual mischievous nature resurfaced. Still with her long hair in her face, she looks over at Narumi, hoping to catch her eyes and then looks significantly at Ishioka.

She leans slowly over, trying to time her movements with Narumi, if she’s caught on, and kisses Ishioka on the cheek.

“I’m sure it will. And that you could come up with some way to make sure we remember to include you next time.” She smiles wistfully, wishing they’d stayed awake last night.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 pm

Sober and hungover as she is, Narumi this morning is a polar opposite from the Narumi of last night. Darker and more quietly thoughtful, and painfully, obviously vulnerable.
Still, the message from Ino is received, and a kiss to Ishioka's other cheek is matched, though decidedly briefer. His hand on her is found and squeezed lightly.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands