[D10ME, Unsei's Room, Expecting] - You might wanna see this

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D10ME, Unsei's Room, Expecting] - You might wanna see this

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:14 pm

With another large package in hand, Moshu scratches at what has become his favourite door while here.

"This one, Kitsu Moshumaru would like to present himself - and a gift."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D10ME, Unsei's Room, Expecting] - You might wanna see this

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:54 pm

What meets his knock and words is a rather long slew of curses and self-deprecation followed by a rather loud clash of... stuff... hitting the floor. Then shuffling and scraping, then finally some hits to the wall.

Once it was over, Unsei opened the door, red in the face, and only a touch of water in their eyes.

"Oh, hey there! Seems I lost track of time."

A new addition to their room was a basket, two umbrellas, and several blankets, along with a folded note on top that looked a bit crinkled pressed against the wall.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:59 pm

The first thing the Mourner did upon seeing the Seppun was pick the Seppun up and give him a deep hug, nuzzling against his soft cheeks before putting him down.

Then, he observed the room.

"Are you alright? I heard crashes and scrapes and... oh, wow, what's all this? It looks like you were setting up a picnic in here."

Finally, he remembered the gift he bought.

"Oh, I made you A painting. It was my first time painting, and I got some support from Kaito Oubaihime-san but I ah, I hope you like it."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:56 pm

That was... unexpected, but certainly not unwelcomed as they wrapped their arms around him, enjoying the closeness.

When set down, they looked over towards the stuff and nodded some. "I had... I had hoped to lead you on a bit of an adventure. A letter left on my table for you to find which would lead you out to a picnic under this big tree I found out there, but..." They frowned, furrowing their brows. "I didn't leave early enough so it's ruined now." After a moment, they shook their head. "But it's okay. Still getting to spend time with you."

When the painting was presented, Unsei stared at it for a few moments and began crying. This was the most thoughtful and romantic gift anyone had ever given the romantically cursed gremlin. They pressed it against their chest before pulling it away to look at again, and then they wrapped their arms around Moshumaru. With no indication of stopping, they sobbed with their face pressed against his chest, arms wrapped tightly around him.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:20 pm

Fortunes you idiot, you made her cry.

Unfortunately for a man who had spent his entire adult live speaking and dealing with grievers, it didn't even occur to him that someone could be crying because they were happy. After all, why be happy with the work of a neonate to the art like him? Sure, Oubaihime said it looked good, but it was likely she didn't want to bruise his ego - he didn't get any Yellow, after all.

Reciprocating the embrace, he tried his best to make her feel better, applying soft pecks and helping dry her eyes.

In cautious voice, he dared to ask:

"I-I'm sorry, did you not like it?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Emotion had seized their throat tightly, leaving them unable to say more than little hoarse croaks in between the full blown sobbing. Tears rained freely down their cheeks as their cheeks turned into this red, blotchy mess. The pecks only added as fuel to their sad little fire.

Still, they did manage to shake their head and croak out a quiet, "Thank you." In their hand, kept there by a gentle, loving grip, was the painting that would likely never stop being cherished.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:43 pm

He... sounded happy enough? With that thank you? Lord Moon knows the Mourner wasn't seeing clearly right now.

"I'll get some tutleage for next time. I can't promise it'll be better, but I promise I'll try."

Moshu moved a bit forward, closing the door behind him.

For now, the most he needed to do was remain in her arms, and so he would, until she recovered her smile.

Fortunes, he hated seeing people cry.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 pm

It took them a bit to calm.back down after that, but once they did and were able to talk more easily, they wiped some of the tears from their face.

"No... I love it. I... thank you.... it's... it's the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for me outside of my hat." They took his hands in their own and squeezed. "Seriously. Thank you. I... I don't know.." They paused, remembering the damned gift giving ceremony and how he liked to play it. "This gift is too thoughtful for me, Moshu-kun. Truly there is someone more deserving of it."

The words hurt to say, burning in their throat, but rituals needed to be seen to, unfortunately, and they didn't want to seem greedy or insulting on accident.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:16 pm

The Kitsu was relieved, but chuckled at her attempt to initiate the gift giving process. Not that he knew it, but a couple of tears of his own started to form.

"Like you said, after all we've been through we can skip the ritual. Instead, let me get you some tea - your throat sounds like it needs it. Would that be okay?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:37 pm

They seemed relieved at that, more than a little happy that they didn't have to keep turning the painting down in new ways. With the gingerness of a child afraid to break a new gift, they set down the painting careful, as if the wind could shatter it.

"I've got some tea already brewed, thoug might be a bit colder now. Black tea?" They sniffled some and moved over to the picnic basket, tossing the crumbled haiku on it to the side, before pulling out a small teapot and a large-ish bowl of boiled rice.