(D10, MA) The Rippling Effect

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D10, MA) The Rippling Effect

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Yuzu’s gaze slowly move from the tea cup she served into Koi’s eyes, as he suddenly starts to laugh.

After a moment of silence, he adds, in a serious and imposing tone of voice. “Kaikoga-san’s apology was clearly not enough, as I am stating now. The solution for the stain in my honor is as I have laid out. Kaikoga-san’s dissatisfaction means nothing, as she is well aware, when put against my own word. If she is offended, I could also simply ignore, as my birth status so allows. The opposite, though, is dishonorable.

A sip, and he closes his eyes, “Now. Those are very interesting demands. Let’s see…”

The boy puts the cup on the tray, and taps his chin. Then says, “Unacceptable.”

He raises one finger up, “Kailoga-sa will be required to live within the boundaries of the Governor’s estate. She may have her own building, with enough comfort and luxuries as it is fit for her role. Perhaps more, if she is indeed efficient.”

Another finger is raised, “Her husband may be allowed to stay there so he can help to raise family. Rest assured, though, someone that brings issues or troubles the Governor has a high chance of being conscripted into the Imperial Legions to serve at the borders.”

Finally, he puts out the last finger, “Special area to Moth Clan business can be considered, under the Governor’s full prerogative to change whatever he seems necessary.”

The young Imperial sips again, “Agree to these terms, those I mentioned prior, and I would not pursue other, more dissatisfying resolutions to the issue.”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:53 pm

Koi gave the young governor nothing.

No signs, no facial expressions and no emotion. She allowed him to have the laugh, and shook her head.

"Those are agreeable but I wish then to be allowed to return home twice a year to see my family. Is that at least acceptable?" She said calmly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:46 am

"That is fair enough." He says, showing some sign of satisfaction of her behavior after his laugh. "If weather so permits."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:20 am

Koi nods, her voice polite and calm. "Then I accept your employment terms, can I have them in writing Lord Seppun as soon as possible for recording and accounting purposes?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:06 am

"Mochiron!" The young Imperial affirms and bows, and produces a folded paper with his seal upon it. "Here is the letter to the Moth Daimyo. I had already prepared it."

Yet, as soon as she goes oro fetch ir, he would lift the letter up. Not yet deliver it.

--
Side goal of bringing Minor Clans and Imperials closer. Kuge lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image
+3 Side Goal
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:29 am

Koi would present her hands out bowing her head, mot moving, not grabbing the letter. If she was going to recieve it, he would place it in her hands to avoid such nonsense - she was trained as a courtier at least.

The Moth waited, patiently.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 am

He retracts the letter for a moment, and, instead, fetches another item he had stored behind him under a towel.

A lilac. He offers it with both hands to the Moth. "Please, accept this simple token of my appreciation for Kaikoga-san's... well... everything."
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Koi glanced up noticing the change of the letter for the...gift. Koi's eyes widened fractionally and perhaps surprise changed into appreciation at the gesture but only for a second. "My Lord Seppun, that is a beautiful token to be given from you but I am not worthy of such a gesture."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:42 pm

"It is as beautiful as to the one it is intended. Perhaps less." He says, still holding the flower with both hands, palm turned up. His caramel eyes do try to lock with hers. "I believe the Heavens favor me to decide who is worth or not. Please, accept."
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:25 pm

Koi bowed her head again, and said softly. "I appreciate that, even moreso that flower was chosen by you and is therefore perfect. I am not a perfect being, I am made of flaws and could not accept such a thoughtful gift."

Internally, the Moth was vomiting in the back of her mind.