(D10, MA) The Rippling Effect

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D10, MA) The Rippling Effect

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:24 am

He sips his tea again, as Koi untowels, to avoid any probability of… unexpected nosebleed.

As she asks, he replies, “Sure. Kaikoga-san. What is in your mind?”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:18 pm

Koi smiles warmly, wishing for all the power of the Kami that Inoshishi was here just to see the Imperial's expression. "What are your plans for the next year? Your goals? Aims? I only ask so that I am on the same page of you going forward. I would not want to begin my work only to find that my perspective is different than your's. I wish to be as correct as I can possibly be."

She soaked into the onsen happily. "Equally, any thoughts on a wife?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 pm

He clears his throat and sails to the border of the bath tub. "Eto."

Yuzu stops to think for a bit and lays out the complex system, "I haven't yet received any orders, if not that of attending to this miai and get married. So, I am open for suggestions. The role of Governor of Chisei is quite important, and I am sure I will be expected to follow suit. Uphold legal, political and diplomatic disputes among the Clans, as the very district is home to the Dragon, Crane and the Minor Clan Embassies at Otosan Uchi. Worth of reminding: Chisei has been in the hands of the Crane for a long, long time, before... well... me. So, this is quite a change. I do have Crane ancestors. Many of note. So, well, it is a gray area. The Crane wasn't in a position to push Chichi-sama's requests, and, that's it: now I am Governor. The Sentaku Tribunal, which resides over the Ekohikei, and thus Chisei, should have additional tasks reserved for me regarding the Governor's next goals."

He inclines himself down to place the empty tea cup on the floor, and returns to the previous position at the bath tub. "As for wife... I have many thoughts. There's a comprehensive list of names Haha-sama gave me –– and Shika Pei-Pei-sama –– which I am adding notes. As we reach the last trial, I will provide Shika-sama with my list, in hopes she would take whatever I have to say into account."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:25 pm

Koi listened and nodded. "I see, so alot on our hands and a lot in the air with the coming days. My father always said prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Do you have a view regarding the conflict growing between Crane and Lion then, as someone who's ancestors were once Crane?"

Koi under the water hidden from view crossed her fingers. Please don't be a Lion supporter.

The Moth, stretched her right arm where her wounded side was tight from stiffness. "Oh? You have a list." She said warmly. "A good thing, have back ups just in case."

Koi thought.

Nesshin
Yoshi
Yasu
Inoshishi
Aimi/Raizo
Hikimasu

Yes, that was her list.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:31 pm

"Well. The list isn't actually mine, but I understand it is a direct way to relate to it." He says and rubs his chin, "The Lion have always supported the Throne, as well as the Crane. So, I am still to understand more of what is, in fact, happening in both sides."
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:52 pm

Koi nods, it was a good answer. Safe.

The Moth smiled, and pondered. "It is common place for those in my clan to sing in the onsens when we are working on something together. Would you like be against me singing?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:55 pm

That gets a good surprise chuckle from the often emotionless Seppun. He nods and incentivizes, "Douzo!"
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:28 pm

Koi smiled, nodding as she floated back into the water till her hair rested on the back of the onsen allowing her to think. The Moth pondered for a moment, and traced a finger absentmindedly across the surface of the water as she thought.

"This song is called 'When my fingers find your strings" it's a piece a song an old friend sung a long time ago, and it's always been a favourite." She explained, sitting up straight she took a deep breath.

Koi spent the first few seconds creating a melody that vibrated off the acoustics of the onsen, carrying her voice flowing tenderly as she drew out the lyrics. The lyrics are clearly a type of love song but it wasn't necessarily directed at the Seppun, perhaps more situated due to the Miai itself.

It was lovely, her voice accustomed to not using instruments and allowed her own harmony to draw out the song making it very pleasant to hear.

Koi closed her eyes as she sung, actually thinking about those she had joined in moments of time and how some she wouldn't meet again but this fuelled the song adding to the emotions behind the lyrics.

When she finished, Koi panted happily before smiling sheepishly.
You were there when I was falling
You were there when I fell in love
You were there when I was thinking through
All those things I was thinking of
You were always right beside me,
Never out of sight
You turned my never ends into maybe I just might

Your pearly gates fly open when I bow my head and pray
My thunder turns to lightning, you rain sunshine on my day
When that melody's in me, I can hear your choir sing
When my fingers find your strings...

When I'm left all by my lonesome you know just how I feel
When I'm down you come around my corner on two wheels
Every time I tell the truth, you catch me in a lie
Every time I try to run, you just won't let me hide

You're the sunrise in my morning
You're the warm wind through the night
You dance me through the darkness and you lead me to the light
You answer all my questions and you finish what I start
And when I'm at a loss for words, you find them in my heart

I hold you oh so carefully, I handle you with care
Oh I never leave without you, I just take you everywhere
We both know I'm less withou you
We both know it's plain to see
I ain't holding you my friend, it's you that's holding me

D10 MA Singing a song. Performance/Water | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
1Opportunity symbol to show off.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Yuzu watches Koi sing with serenity. The rhythmic of the mountains was something he wasn't to familiar with, and yet, it found a good spot to settle. The boy slowly moves back to rest his head as well, as he watches the heavy dark clouds pass over the heads.

/scene?
DescriptionTheme

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:17 pm

/scene!

Thank you for such s great scene!