D9 EA - Black as the heart [Expecting]

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D9 EA - Black as the heart [Expecting]

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:17 am

The Kitsu nodded.

"Indeed, an offer. It's not my place to tell his story, but Asahina-san has a very good reason for being here. I offered him a solution which would let him follow his heart and escape his family, but... alas. Too deeply in love, too strongly devoted to the fantastical idea of reaching it."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 am

"Hell, if he gets who he's hung up on, we'll be glad to take him. And if not?"

Sip.

"His father's idiocy must inevitably be some other Clan's gain."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:05 pm

If the Kitsu seemed casual before, he was fully attentive now - and glowering.

"Oh, so you do know."

A deep sigh.

"My work has found that the Crane as a whole are, to be polite, not the best parents. His voice with my organization's works and the stirrings of this 'psychology', this study of the mind I've heard about, we can make the Crane a much better clan. And yet..."

Sadness became touched with a hint of anger.

"Forgive me, I shouldn't involve you in my grievances like this. Has love found you, even if the trials have been less than complimentary?"
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:09 pm

Raizo sighed and looked into his teacup.

"The Crane have no monopoly on being... less than ideal parents. But as to the most welcome change of subject? Yes. It would seem that love has found me."

He chuckled.

"To my considerable shock, and even more considerable delight. Of course, knowing the way things are going, she'll probably be married elsewhere and I'll end up wedded to someone's sandal or something, but... I try not to dwell on it too much."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:21 pm

The Kitsu pondered - maybe it was time to give the Phoenix his advice. But first...

"Congratulations, Shiba-san! To have found love at all is something most would spend a lifetime trying to do! So, do you mind me asking who the lucky woman is? If you do, we can move to different pastures."
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 pm

"Who, Kitsu-san, did I partner with in the two events where a partner was mandated?"
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:38 pm

The Kitsu chuckled.

"I should have known! It damn well was fate when the four of us met in that forest - in Inoshishi-san I found a sister, and from Aimi-san you found a partner."

His laughter turned perturbed - the four of them were death. This was not a good sign.

(Superstition - +3 strife, +1 void point.)

"Have faith, Shiba-san; The Shika Matchmakers may be mysterious and have their own agenda, but they aren't blind. If they see you are happy with her, I doubt they'll try and seperate you - If not, I imagine she could simply walk away and back into your arms, no?"
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:58 pm

"Well, I mean... that's the hope, isn't it?"

He sighed.

"I actually went to Shika Pei Pei-sama for some advice on how to... broaden the number of results I could accept, you know? But... very little has come of it. I have a sashimono from Kakita Reina-san which feels more like a joke than any sign of... something there. So. Right now I'm feeling like anyone else they pair me with is in for... coldness they don't deserve."

A pause.

"You know, speaking of my vast social limitations, I haven't spoken to Agasha-san. I'd entertained an idle thought of the two of you getting paired, but that just goes to show what I know about matchmaking, doesn't it?"
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:19 pm

The Kitsu dismissed the notion of the Shiba's ignorance.

"No, no - if the stars had aligned itself in any other way that day, you would have been right. We were in the forest, I was showing my obituaries as stories, and..."

He stopped to breathe.

"We found one and we just, lost it, you know? We cried our dear souls out over someone I only knew in passing and she never met, and it just... clicked. It felt like we had found a sibling we never had, and we've been close since then. Any other time, any other choice, any other place and you would have been right, I feel."
PM if thread desired

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:01 pm

"Yes. well. Then I must ask, have you found anyone to devote your, ah, attentions to?"
Remember to Breathe