[D7, EE] Read My Future (Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D7, EE] Read My Future (Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Hikimasu sat at the tea house, he had a go board in front of him. He was playing a game against himself, with a handicap, like some sort of go master who can't be challenged by normal people.

Predictably, he was kicking his own ass pretty badly, but refused to concede. Yet the part of him that was losing had a plan which didn't involve victory on the board.

The Scorpion sipped his tea, placing his mask back absently after.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D7, EE] Read My Future (Expecting)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:40 pm

It wasn't too much longer before Unsei arrived, though not dressed in their usual finery. Instead, it was a light yukata covered in a star and moon pattern. Their hair was loose and unbound with not even their hat in sight. Yet, in their hands, they held a little duckling.

"Shosuro-san."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:43 pm

The scorpion arched an eyebrow. "You've made a friend", he observed. "Both of you should join me, can I order you some tea and...what do you feed your...duck?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:12 pm

"I told you yesterday I was going to get a duck today. So I went to the market and bought a duck." They said before sitting down. "I feed them peas, worms, and bugs and stuff, but they're full right now. I wouldn't mind some tea though."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:18 pm

"Good, good", he said and summoned a servant, ordered a pot of the oolong spiced with cinnamon. "Thank you for coming out." He looked a the duck. "Did you name them?" he seemed actually very curious about the duck now. Yes, Unsei had said something about it, and he believed, but honestly he didn't expect to meet the duck in public.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:50 pm

"No, I havent named the little thing yet. Not entirely sure what to name it, actually. I'm thinking maybe Ahiru or Ga, but Hoshi is also high on the list."

(Authors note, according to Google, Ga-Ga is quack quack, and Ahiru is duck )

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Your going to name our duck, Duck.

He nodded in understanding. Some things just named themselves.

"Hoshi sounds nice, though, but about something more cute?" he looked at the duckling. "It might be fitting."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:21 pm

"Hm? Something more cute? I could name him chiisai? But that's... it's not my favorite. He could grow to be a very large duck and so calling him chiisai could be rude."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:23 pm

"Chii-tsu?" He suggested. "When he grows you could drop the chii and call them Tsubasa?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 pm

"Oooh... that's not bad, not bad at all... It is rather tempting. I don't know though. I'm really bad with picking out names."