(D7, LM) It's not *always* sake o'clock

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D7, LM) It's not *always* sake o'clock

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 pm

"That's a start." Yasu says quietly. She doesn't push more at how he could. "Then you make peace with knowing you might or might not see them again after this, depending on the Deer's decisions, and work out from there."

She sits back a bit, sipping her tea. "It's not so different as knowing you're walking around right now a few feet or moments from death and being ok with it. Easier to think clearly, once that's settled. The thought of losing them still feels like a hand squeezing the life out of your heart, though."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Ishioka nods, slowly but emphatically. "That is exactly how it feels. And I could lose them both."

The Matsu heaves a massive sigh. "I am sorry to use our time this way, Yasu-san. You are a true friend, and it does help to talk to you. Thank you." He places his hands flat on the table now, settling and balancing as he takes another deep breath.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:44 am

She nods once. "Nah, what're friends for. Besides...at this point it's practice as my siblings start getting old enough to think about such things."

"Anyway...settling that part doesn't fix everything, but...clears the head a bit to really think about it all, you know? Grief is inevitable, so try to be kind. There's fewer regrets then, I think." She sips at her cooling, almost forgotten tea, grateful for the tannic bitterness around the edges.

"We'll all come out ok, one way or another here. We may not have the ones we love, but we had this little space of time for them, and the Deer aren't matching us with people we hate."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:12 am

Ishioka follows in drinking a bit of tea, responsibly this time, and nodding his agreement with the Crab.

"Hai. Perhaps not the loves we wish but good matches nonetheless." Ishioka doesn't sound convinced yet, but certainly sounds more at peace than before.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 am

Yasu nods. "I still have my doubts that the Shika are truly in touch with the needs of the Crab, but they'll do their best, I'm sure."

"But I _still_ haven't gotten any real updates on folks at Kyuden Hida from you!" She starts listing off names of common acquaintances, one of his embassy superiors who'd been expecting their second child when she was there, and a half dozen of the younger kids who'd been underfoot, looking to catch up on how they all were doing, so long as they had a bit of time to chat.

/exit to general chatter?

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Ishioka nods knowingly about the needs of the Crab.

"Oh, Yasu-san, you're right. I'm sorry. Of course. So, Hida Tetsuko..."

/scene
Description