[D7, MA, expecting] Twos of two kinds

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Matsu Ishioka

[D7, MA, expecting] Twos of two kinds

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:55 pm

Matsu Ishioka had had the brilliant idea, he'd planned for this, and he arrived first to ensure good tea and a light food spread were ready. Everything was on track. So why am I so nervous?

He settled his feet flat on the floor and took a deep, centering breath.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Re: [D7, MA, expecting] Twos of two kinds

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Murato moved past Ishi, patting him on the shoulder, before sitting across from him. "Ishioka-san." He smiled at his fellow Lion.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Narumi entered the tea house and had a look around for... there.
Her heart swells in her chest at the sight of Ishioka, but she presses her lips together to focus and makes her way over. Bowing to both Lions, she flashes a winning and friendly smile before taking the seat next to Murato.
"Ohayo, Matsu-san, Kitsu-san; have you had your rice today?" Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious... "The table looks lovely. Thank you for arranging this meeting." -her gaze flicks to Ishi and her smile shifts to something decidedly warmer.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Mura greets Narumi with a bow and a soft smile... his face a mask of pleasantness. If he found anything off about her being here he revealed nothing. "Usogawa Narumi-san. I am pleased to see you again."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:40 pm

The last to arrive was the little Otter. Emiko, under her blue umbrella expecting more rain, entered and put it to a side before looking about for the group. Spotting them, she smiled and made her way over, bowing.

"Good afternoon! Thank you for this lovely invitation, I hope you are all well?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:46 pm

"I think it fair to say that Kitsu-san and I are decidedly better thanks to this kind company," Ishioka says, a modest but still charming smile on his face.

"I am honored that my simple idea to bring us together was well received. Exciting ideas are not necessarily my strong suit," he says with a little chuckle.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:50 pm

As her cousin joins them, Narumi bows to her as well, "Usogawa-sama, happy to see you, as always."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:28 pm

"I requested something calming for tea today," Ishioka mentions, not standing on ceremony and wanting folks to be comfortable. He glances across at Narumi, perhaps showing the tiniest pout that she'd sat beside the Kitsu, but carries on without interruption. As he pours tea, he adds, "This morning's concert seemed fairly... energetic... so a mellow tea seemed proper. Of course if something stronger would be desired, I'll request that as well," he offers, looking, as much as the big stoic man can, like an attentive server.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Murato greets Emiko with a bow as she arrives. "Good afternoon Usogawa Emiko-sama. I am delighted to see you again."

While Ishioka may be a little pouty about the seating, Murato sees it for the blessing it is. If Narumi was next to him, he had a view of Emikos eyes and she had the same for the Kitsu.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:38 am

The pout is met with a raise of one manicured eyebrow and a familiar smirk.
"Thank you, Matsu-san; your generosity surely knows no bounds." She accepts when he fills her cup and draws it close to her.
"I rather enjoyed all the shows. It was a good change of pace from the series of more serious events we've been run through. I think we can all appreciate something lighthearted, neh? Besides, the real treat was seeing who paired up with whom." She runs a fingerpad around the rim of her cup. "Both the Lions are this table were especially admirable, and your choices of partners expressed your harmony perfectly. It was a treat to watch you perform." The words are kind, her expression was kind as well, but Ishioka was familiar enough with her to note the emotion in her eyes did not match, instead they spoke of melancholy.