[D7, MA, expecting] Twos of two kinds

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D7, MA, expecting] Twos of two kinds

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:58 pm

He resets his course and noticeably relaxes. It only seems to hurt the Otter more and she leans back against the wall behind her for support lest her legs give out from under her. "Everything? No, but maybe it's enough," she murmurs and shakes her head.

"Today, Ishioka-san, I realized I love you. And it shook me to my very core. I haven't..." she stumbled her words and rubbed her temple. "It's new for me and I don't know what to do.
But yesterday... Yesterday, I asked Asahina Bo-san if he would be happy to be matched with me. And he said he would be.
So it's not just you who is torn, you see. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but the timing never felt right, and it still doesn't, but I feel after this morning..." she let out a shuddering sigh. "-You deserve better than me." She was still protecting his honour, even against herself.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:58 pm
He resets his course and noticeably relaxes. It only seems to hurt the Otter more and she leans back against the wall behind her for support lest her legs give out from under her. "Everything? No, but maybe it's enough," she murmurs and shakes her head.
Confusion covers Ishioka's face for a moment, thinking she doesn't believe what he's said.
"Today, Ishioka-san, I realized I love you. And it shook me to my very core. I haven't..." she stumbled her words and rubbed her temple. "It's new for me and I don't know what to do.
But yesterday... Yesterday, I asked Asahina Bo-san if he would be happy to be matched with me. And he said he would be.
Relief and amazement flood his face, and are chased away by words that make him feel like he can't breathe. Where he had straightened, drawing away from the wall with new energy, he starts to slump back, leaning heavily on his hand against the wall again.
So it's not just you who is torn, you see. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but the timing never felt right, and it still doesn't, but I feel after this morning..." she let out a shuddering sigh. "-You deserve better than me." She was still protecting his honour, even against herself.
The emotions were high, both positive and negative, and the logical, earth-centered Stone Matsu should have stopped things. Should have said, "We will talk. We will figure this out."

But in her last five words, Narumi called up a different side of Ishioka. The angry, long-suffering Matsu who was ready to fight. There was a moment, right after Narumi had spoken, where Ishioka looked like he'd been punched. He'd been patient. And he'd had enough. He hated those last words.

In a single flowing motion, the Lion straightens, slides one big hand behind Narumi's head, and kisses her like he thinks he'll never see her again. His other arm circles her, ready to pull her slightly away from the wall and lift her toward him if she allows it.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:01 pm

Of course he's allowed.

She'd watched his expressions morph, watched her words hurt him over and over.
Now she was drowning.

The kiss returned is deep, wanting, remorseful. Her arms find themselves around his broad shoulders, fingers weave through his hair and the second kiss is passionate and blazing, speaking everything she's never said to Ishioka aloud. She presses in against him, pulling him as close as she can. If this was goodbye... She can't bring herself to finish the thought.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:40 pm

The Lion returns passion with passion, trying to convey in energy what he thinks his words have failed to say. But for all the fire swirling in Ishioka's brain, trying to stay in control, there's a cool, willful logic steadily regaining its hold. No Matsu would lose face farther than this, especially not the Stone Matsu.

So, almost gasping for breath, Ishioka eventually slows and separates their lips. He doesn't open his eyes for fear that just looking into Narumi's eyes will fan his barely controlled fires. He takes a steadying breath, a little ragged still but mostly controlled, and moves his cheek beside hers to speak softly right beside her ear.

"We will talk more." His breath is still irregular. Staying so close to her scent was a mistake. "We will figure this out. After the partner event tomorrow, hm? I don't... Not sure where. But we'll talk," he says, emphatic and hopeful sounding.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 pm

"I like talking..." - they parted and she began to slowly and regretfully unwrap from his embrace. Stolen moment over. "Talking is good."
Heart thundering so loud she can hear it, a trembling hand caresses the side of his face gently, running her thumbpad along his strong jawline before she lets him go.
Her hand then went over her chest in an effort to steady herself, and she took the smallest step back from him. "I'll- I'll see you in the morning at the dojo," her gaze dropped, her voice still a bit scratchy, though not quite as shaken up as she'd been inside the tea house. Heavy and dark thoughts remained visible behind her eyes.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:44 pm

"Take care, I hope to hear from you both soon" Emiko said with a bow and a small look of concern, letting them leave and turning back to Murato.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:57 am
Murato was not blind. He didn't know the details of their relationship, but he certainly could see that it was a strategic exit, not an emergency one. He smiled at Ishioka and Narumi.

"I hope that you can resolve the trouble. Thank you for taking care of Ishioka-san," he says with a nod.
Emiko waited for the other two to leave, taking a sip of tea with a thoughtful expression on her face before speaking.

"Forgive me for speaking out of turn but I think Matsu-sama may be in need of some lessons."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:56 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:05 pm
"I like talking..." - they parted and she began to slowly and regretfully unwrap from his embrace. Stolen moment over. "Talking is good."
Heart thundering so loud she can hear it, a trembling hand caresses the side of his face gently, running her thumbpad along his strong jawline before she lets him go.
Her hand then went over her chest in an effort to steady herself, and she took the smallest step back from him. "I'll- I'll see you in the morning at the dojo," her gaze dropped, her voice still a bit scratchy, though not quite as shaken up as she'd been inside the tea house. Heavy and dark thoughts remained visible behind her eyes.
"Tomorrow. We'll figure this out," he says with quiet confidence. He raises a hand to touch hers, to try to impart some steadiness to her, but stops, lest this moment swallow them again.

With a heavy breath he stands back to his full height, his hand a fist in the air in front of his heart, and as he breathes again his mind freezes. Kami, who leaves first?
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:06 pm

She does him the favour of leaving first.

/exit

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:58 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:44 pm
"Take care, I hope to hear from you both soon" Emiko said with a bow and a small look of concern, letting them leave and turning back to Murato.

Emiko waited for the other two to leave, taking a sip of tea with a thoughtful expression on her face before speaking.

"Forgive me for speaking out of turn but I think Matsu-sama may be in need of some lessons."
"I think that may not be a bad idea. But there is much more going on there that samurai simply don't have lessons for either," he said with a soft smile.

"I but now that we are alone, I was hoping we might catch up a little bit. Your performance earlier was lovely. Although I had expected that."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:54 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:58 pm
"I think that may not be a bad idea. But there is much more going on there that samurai simply don't have lessons for either," he said with a soft smile.

"I but now that we are alone, I was hoping we might catch up a little bit. Your performance earlier was lovely. Although I had expected that."
And I think I need to speak to my cousin also...

"Hai, there seems to be a lot if one puts their ear to the wind" Emiko nodded, although she smiled warmly at his compliment "thank you! I felt that the flute was better than singing for me, and Shosuro-sama plays well so it worked. Your performance was very interesting also."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)