[D7 EE - Expecting] Early evening ancestry

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D7 EE - Expecting] Early evening ancestry

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:52 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:42 pm
His reassurance soothes her, given the day she's just endured, and Narumi's expression lightens a little.
"Thank you, Kitsu-san. It's always welcome to receive a few kind words.
Alas, I haven't had the opportunity to meet every candidate, there's just so many of us, as you well know. So neh, I can't put a finger on who might have stolen your heart. If you care to enlighten this one, feel free- otherwise she'll respect that you might not yet be ready to shout from the mountaintops."
The Kitsu nodded - then a wry smile came onto his face.

"I don't think I'm quite ready to scream it for the world to hear - at least not until I have secured their hand. I suppose there is something I could use a matchmaker's expert advice on, however. Understand that I ask this seeking only honestly, so you needn't worry about offending me, but this is the first poem I wrote to her:"

Lord Moon, Lady Sun.
We only see one - have they
Embraced around us?
"Was... was it any good? It might also help tell you who it is."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:21 pm

"It's beautiful, Kitsu-san," she offered a warmer smile. "It should win over her heart just fine." Narumi sipped her tea, still unclear who he was talking about - but her mind was admittedly very far away. She tried to refocus.
"I don't think such flowery words would work in my situation," she smirks, dipping her head.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:51 pm

The Kitsu lets go of a sigh he never knew he held.
"My sincerest thanks, Usogawa-san. If you would praise it, I see no reason to doubt myself. As for..."

...Huh? Words wouldn't work on him? Was that a clue or something? Soyokaze was the kind of person who he imagined would simply not let beautiful poetry be about him, in his own mind. Perhaps if he couldn't escape it - like the poem say 'you, you specifically' - could that work?

"...If my records indicate anything, people who struggle to understand poetry find it easier if you are direct. Telling them they are this instead of saying nature is this and hoping they get the point. My dear ancestor Kitsu-once-Matsu Moshuhime, whom is my namesake, was a lovely woman but struggled deeply with the arts. In the end, the poem which won her heart was a simple:"
You are my mountain -
I see you everywhere and
Wish I was with you.
"Hardly a Winter Court killer, but it was simple enough for her to understand."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:19 pm

She nodded at his thanks, and she does feel somewhat better- being able to help someone else with their romantic woes.

And all was going well until the blissfully unaware Lion spoke directly and moreover, quoted his poem... she nearly choked on her tea.
Wheezing for a breath, she tries not to make a scene and embarrass him- or embarrass herself further than she has already today as it is.
"Sorry, forgive me," she gasped and clutched her chest. "You just.. I.." Hm. Calm down. "This one would think you were watching the exchange, given you've described perfectly what happened."
But it was the poem. She had no inner walls left to maintain and defend, and the poem was a suckerpunch. When in danger, smile. So she did just that.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:19 pm
She nodded at his thanks, and she does feel somewhat better- being able to help someone else with their romantic woes.

And all was going well until the blissfully unaware Lion spoke directly and moreover, quoted his poem... she nearly choked on her tea.
Wheezing for a breath, she tries not to make a scene and embarrass him- or embarrass herself further than she has already today as it is.
"Sorry, forgive me," she gasped and clutched her chest. "You just.. I.." Hm. Calm down. "This one would think you were watching the exchange, given you've described perfectly what happened."
But it was the poem. She had no inner walls left to maintain and defend, and the poem was a suckerpunch. When in danger, smile. So she did just that.
After moving to support when the choking started - and returning to his seat after - he reflected upon what was said.

The Kitsu looked confused.

"What? But Soyokaze-san is as far from a mountain as one could find. Granted I respect him greatly, but he is more akin to the blade than a mountain - forged through fire, framed to be besides somebody and someone who supports your side, not someone to lean on."

He may have been off, but he didn't seem to realize it yet.
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:30 pm

"Soyokaze-san?!" Did she... Did she know a samurai by that name? At the moment, she couldn't recall.
Incredulous laughter bubbles up from the Otter and she shakes her head. "Asahina Bo-san is my intended."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:40 pm

"Ooooooh!"

The Kitsu slapped his head like he was idiot.

"Forgive my idiocy, Usuogawa-san, I had completely the wrong idea - I had spoken to Soyokaze-san earlier today and when I heard 'Crane' I must have gotten locked. No wonder Keiji-sama's poem got the reaction it did from you."

He offered a bow from his seat.

"Legitimately though, let me offer my congratulations - Asahina Bo-san is a sweetheart from what I've seen, one that even in my eternal grudge I find I cannot consider with hate. Thank you for saving him."

He quickly made a node of the poem he just recited so it could be referenced later, before bowing his head and offering with both hands.

"As apology and thanks, I would like to formally offer you this poem for Bo-san and yourself. I imagine he would love it, and I hope it serves you both as well as it served my ancestors."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:21 pm

She can't help but laugh lightly at his show, and colour touched her cheeks. "It's fine, it's fine!" she inclined her head to the Kitsu. "Oh uh- thank you?" It comes out sounding more like a question, at his congratulations. Saving him?

After a long moment of consideration, Narumi swallows the sandpaper feeling in her throat. "Kitsu-san. Your kindness and wisdom will not be forgotten, and my heart thanks you tremendously. I'll ....make sure he hears it, and knows it to be a gift from the Lion."

(ooc: skipping over the gift-giving ceremony thing)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:21 pm
After a long moment of consideration, Narumi swallows the sandpaper feeling in her throat. "Kitsu-san. Your kindness and wisdom will not be forgotten, and my heart thanks you tremendously. I'll ....make sure he hears it, and knows it to be a gift from the Lion."
The Kitsu nodded solemnly at her acceptance, after the usual proceedings.

"It is not the only gift the Lion will give to the Otter this miai,"
he refers to the Saibun poetry package he gave to Emiko,
"But it is the one I am most proud of. Those who have come before still have so much to say in the works they left behind - for you to accept my ancestor's memory into your life like this is as much a gift to me as for you. So thank you."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:22 pm

She raises an eyebrow at that, but her smile is somewhat solemn, understanding and grateful.
"Then we're at an impasse, on whom is more thankful to whom. I'll cherish your kindness." She lifts her cup to him before sipping again.