[D7 EE - Expecting] Early evening ancestry

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D7 EE - Expecting] Early evening ancestry

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:53 am

With rice and tea by his side, Moshumaru began reading a classic book he enjoyed: "Ancestry Illustrated". It was part practical guide part tale about a man named Shiba Seiza who looks to find out more about his ancestry. He worked alongside the author, describing himself going through the processes the book encourages and keeping track of his results so the reader can follow the process.

Perhaps what was most compelling about the book was the ending, in fact - unbelievable as it was, even without the precursor in the book that he and his deeds were entirely ficticious, Shiba Seiza has ancestry relating back to Matsu herself. He then reveals this information to a Matsu rival of his and uses as a building block to reconcile their differences. He ended up doing a lot for the Matsu for his actions against them were great, but eventually the two become lifelong friends and correspondences.

As he sipped, he looked into the sky. It would be cloudy - he wondered if the stars could still be read tonight.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D7 EE - Expecting] Early evening ancestry

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Finding herself in the tea house which she tended to haunt for at least a portion everyday, Narumi sipped her tea at a table, before spotting the red-haired Kitsu she'd as of yet not made the acquaintance. And so, she lifts from her table to make way over to his, and ducks her head down to see the cover of the book he's invested in.
"Ah! So Kitsu-san enjoys the story of Shiba Seiza as well? I find the guide to be most amenable, and it's aided me countless times in my delving into pedigrees that warrant a little more... digging." She offers a warm and inviting smile, and motions to a spare seat. "May I join you? This one is called Usogawa Narumi, nakodo-in-training, and lover of all things familial histories might reveal about us.."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:28 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:12 pm
Finding herself in the tea house which she tended to haunt for at least a portion everyday, Narumi sipped her tea at a table, before spotting the red-haired Kitsu she'd as of yet not made the acquaintance. And so, she lifts from her table to make way over to his, and ducks her head down to see the cover of the book he's invested in.
"Ah! So Kitsu-san enjoys the story of Shiba Seiza as well? I find the guide to be most amenable, and it's aided me countless times in my delving into pedigrees that warrant a little more... digging." She offers a warm and inviting smile, and motions to a spare seat. "May I join you? This one is called Usogawa Narumi, nakodo-in-training, and lover of all things familial histories might reveal about us.."
Upon the arrival of the guest, the Kitsu stands to bow, putting the book aside for now.

"Indeed, Usogawa-san; Despite it's ending it's a staple read for children in the Kitsu. It hooks our interest in ancestry at a young age by showing the practical side of such dedication."

Was the name Narumi familiar?
He couldn't think of it, thought the face he had seen before.

"I would be honoured if you would join me, Usogawa-san: This one is Kitsu Moshumaru, professional obituarian and creator of family history from the remnants of duty. Please, have a seat."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:36 pm

She bows as well, matching his, before lowering into the seat and setting her cup down before smoothing the fabrics of her kimono carefully.
"One thousand thank you's, Kitsu-san," she says warmly and then nods. "I received the book myself as a child, and it indeed helped to spark my own interest. I'm excited to find someone else as interested? On that note, what did you think of our first event here? I regret to say I don't remember how you did, though I'm sure it was with merit. I try to keep track of the outstanding candidates per event, but... it's been a long week," she admits with a wider smile.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:03 pm

The Kitsu nodded in understanding, accepting the Otter's words.
"I wouldn't be surprised if most forgot about me - I've basically been lost in my own little bubble, despite my event success. I suppose I just, well, found someone and haven't looked back, you know?"

He laughed a little, thinking about the predicament he had found himself in.

"As for the ancestry task, I far from disappointed - If I remember correctly, I was the leader of the second bracket of success. If I remember correctly, you did very well yourself, did you not?"
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:54 am

"Well. I intend to burst that bubble, if you don't mind," she says confidently but entirely friendly, and offers a smile.
"Oh? You've had your heart stolen?" She leans forward just a touch, expressing genuine interest...
And then shrugs modestly at his compliment. "I think we both had the advantage, neh?" The friendly smile remains and she sips her tea.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:00 am

"By all means - for a fellow appreciator of our ancestors, let me pop it for you. Welcome to the humble abode of Kitsu Moshumaru's social space."

He mimed a little bubble being popped, before gesturing for the Narumi to 'enter'.

"But it is as I say - my dear heart has been whisked to the stars, and is never coming back I fear. Thankfully the star wishes me to join it, so I have not been broken or undone."

The Kitsu thought.

"You say we both had an advantage - that is true. But if one of us were to say who we liked, if there is anyone who has your stunning attention, without the other saying?"

The trade offer was obvious.
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:20 am

She laughed lightly at his mime and her smile became warmer, genuine. Immediately charmed.
"Oh you have! That's so fortuitous, this one is happy to hear it." She tilted her head lightly to one side. "Means less meddling for me, doesn't it?"

Ah there's the rub. Narumi keeps her smile in place.
Hm.
"As it happens, yes, I've eyes for someone. But, like most things in life, it's complicated."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:30 am

The Kitsu nodded. His natural counseling tendancies seemed to be kicking in.

"It always is, even when you think you've found it. Would you like to talk about it, or is there something else you'd rather discuss"
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:33 am

"Well." She has a sip of tea. "As of yesterday, my affection for him was as of yet unrequited. Then, rousing courage, this one asked him to consider a match with her. Would he be happy? He agreed he would be." She pushes a rogue lock of dark hair back behind an ear and offers a tight lipped smile. "The complication comes from deciding which clan to marry into, and which to leave behind."
It was the truth, on one hand. But not the whole truth. Only a fraction.