[Day 6, Mid-Afternoon] Shelter From the Storm (Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

[Day 6, Mid-Afternoon] Shelter From the Storm (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:07 am

[Expecting but public]

Raizo ducked into the tea house, reflecting, as he did, that he'd spent more time in it than in either the sake bar or the geisha house (which he had, in fact, literally never set foot in).

But no matter!

He ordered his usual Akina... and kept a weather eye out for the Moshi Menace... or anyone else he might know.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [Day 6, Mid-Afternoon] Shelter From the Storm (Expecting)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:15 am

Soyokaze dragged himself into the tea house looking exhausted and deeply thirsty. He glanced around the place seeking a seat and noticed the Shiba. "Hello Raizo-san, how does this day find you?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:29 am

"Well. I think I have comprehensively demonstrated my lack of knowledge of another skill in front of a large audience, nursed a hangover, had a conversation with the Topaz Champion that I'm sure she wishes she could have skipped, and it sounds like poor decisions with booze are to be repeated later this evening..."

He shrugged.

"So about my usual for a day in Kyuden Shika. And you?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:47 am

"I have nursed my first hangover and millionth regret, done exactly as well as I expected with a bow, polished a foreign artifact, showered someone is gifts and I still have to tell a Scorpion I can't do something I had promised." He slammed back his tea like it was sake. "It has been an interesting day so far."

"What took you face to face with Kakita Reina-sama?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:54 am

"Circumstance. And advice from Shika Pei Pei-sama."

Sip.

"We were both of a mind to hit the dojo after that whole... archery business. Shika-sama had advised me to try to broaden my conversational pool by speaking to either Phoenix or Crane, on the logic that they would be more forgiving of my.... conversational shortcomings."

He chuckled.

"Didn't make me any better at small talk, of course."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:04 am

"I can't imagine trying to court her, she was a presence even at The Academy, just talking to her and sparring is impressive. Were you...impressive?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:47 pm

He chuckled.

"Am I ever?"
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:24 pm

"You must be a some point unless you used dark magics to enchant your friend." He smiled wryly. "I am sorry for making such a scene last night, I came closer to striking that obnoxious loudmouth than I am comfortable admitting. But I do not regret what I said no matter how many voices opposed me." It was clear from his inflection that he included Raizo in that list of opposition.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:29 pm

"Sake can have that effect, especially when you're not used to it."

He cocked his head to the side.

"But you do know he had a point, right?"
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:33 pm

"Did I not?"
Description