Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Re: D6 LA - Tea Pride [expecting]

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:06 am

The Matsu blinks, realizing that the writer of eulogies must be used to getting the details he needs.

"Agasha Inoshishi-san and Usogawa Narumi-san," Ishioka says a little quietly, though the idea that this information is any kind of secret would be laughable.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:25 am

The Kitsu nodded and began feeding what information he knew.

"For Inoshishi-san, she seems to make these grand spiels wherein she talks really fast. However, you may notice these pauses - that is your window to speak. Do not say too much - simply answer her question. It may seem small at first, but if you get used to it, she seems to like it. Her knowledge base is... unconventional, for example she had no idea how to play go, but she has her own wisdom. Do not expect her to work on the same assumptions every other Rokugani does."

A sip.

"I know nothing on Usogawa-san, however. I can only wish you luck."
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:45 am

Ishioka bows his head in gratitude. "Thank you, Kitsu-san. Indeed, I have found her... quite disorienting, in a positive way? If that's possible," he says smiling just slightly.

"Ah, and can this one be of help to you, Kitsu-san? I should like to do more than offer good luck, though that is well appreciated," he says, trying to be politely insistent.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:53 am

The Kitsu nods again, giving away nothing in his expression as he sips his tea.

"I have come to consider Inoshishi-san a member of the family of sorts, and likely someone I will at least write to regardless of the results of this Miai. Do understand that in the event that you play with her heart and break it, I will be most thoroughly displeased."

Letting his warning sink in, he began to speak of his own escapades.

"..As for myself, I have basically fallen into the arms of Seppun Unsei-sama. I don't recall how, it just kind of... happened. In addition, I feel I have built good rapport with Kaito Obaihime-san and have a business agreement of sort with Usogawa Emiko-san. I will be visiting Seppun-sama again tonight. Is there word from Tsumugusu-san?"
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:12 am

"I have had no contact with him, which is concerning. I hope to connect soon, especially with eligible shugenja in such short supply," Ishioka says, perhaps a bit crassly. "I did have a pleasant conversation with Seppun Unsei-sama myself and, with mention of her skills, I thought perhaps some help for Kitsu Tsugumasu-san might be provided. Aside from the rather... dynamic... Centipede, there seem few women who would fit Tsugumasu-san's family's, ah, standards."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:15 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:12 am
"I have had no contact with him, which is concerning. I hope to connect soon, especially with eligible shugenja in such short supply," Ishioka says, perhaps a bit crassly. "I did have a pleasant conversation with Seppun Unsei-sama myself and, with mention of her skills, I thought perhaps some help for Kitsu Tsugumasu-san might be provided. Aside from the rather... dynamic... Centipede, there seem few women who would fit Tsugumasu-san's family's, ah, standards."
"Mayhaps he's found better luck in one of the other miais going on here? I'm aware that ours isn't the only one available, as we can be paired with people outside of them - if my understanding of the rules s correct."

He put his now empty cup of tea aside.

"The Moshi? I admit, I haven't seen her - what is she like?"
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:51 pm

There's a flicker of terror in Ishioka's eyes at mention of unknown other miais that could influence this one. He willfully pushes that emotion away, saying only, "Hm. Perhaps. Though that seems a... dangerous... thing to trust in? I will contact him, in case I can be of help."

"Moshi Shizuka-sama is rather breath-taking, to be honest. I met her by chance at the market and she was quick to help in my gift search... She is also, ah," Ishioka pauses to consider this word choice. "I think Moshi-sama might be a bit forward for someone like Kitsu Tsugumasu-san, but she is without doubt a respectable shugenja of honorable family."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:51 pm

The Kitsu nodded at both points.

"I can understand Kitsu-san being intimidated by Moshi-san, definitely."

He looked over Ishioka again, thinking back. That name was familiar, but wh-

When he remembered, his eyes softened.

"Matsu-san... It is not my place necessarily to say this. But allowing yourself to come as far as you have with Inoshishi-san... It was a very brave thing to do."

The recorder of the dead offered a sympathetic hand.
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:28 pm

The Matsu accepts the sympathy with gratitude.

"Thank you, Kitsu-san. It is... Well. Far too early in the miai to set one's heart, but Ino--er," he looks slightly nervously at the other man, then decides to drop the pretense. "Inoshishi-san has drawn close to my heart very quickly. I do not process to understand her -- she is very different than me, as you're aware -- yet we... Perhaps balance is the best way to describe it." There is a happy sparkle in the eyes that had turned obviously sad as he remembered his lost sister for a moment.
Description