D6 LA - Tea Pride [expecting]

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D6 LA - Tea Pride [expecting]

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:28 pm
"Thank you, Kitsu-san. It is... Well. Far too early in the miai to set one's heart, but Ino--er," he looks slightly nervously at the other man, then decides to drop the pretense. "Inoshishi-san has drawn close to my heart very quickly. I do not process to understand her -- she is very different than me, as you're aware -- yet we... Perhaps balance is the best way to describe it." There is a happy sparkle in the eyes that had turned obviously sad as he remembered his lost sister for a moment.
Knowing Ishioka's sister in the manner he did, the Kitsu felt his own sense of bittersweet peace in that moment.

"I think she might have been an Ikoma in one life, if you don't mind me saying. I don't think any of us would have connected as well to her as she did otherwise - and it helps explain her love of tales. She can be understood - simply ask her 'why' to the right questions and she'll reveal the answers. Not in a rude way, but, you know."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:11 pm

Ishioka nods. "Hai, Kitsu-san, that is good advice. Thank you."

The Matsu looks uncomfortable for a moment, and knowing Moshumaru has already seen it, he explains. "Kitsu-san, I wonder, as you have been close to many Lion families after the passing of loved ones... I have a question that I hope will help me interpret my own parents' wishes for this miai." Ishioka's eyes are clear and sharp, the earth and logic side of him clearly bringing this question forward.

"After, Hachiko's... passing," he says, fighting through some discomfort to mention it, "my honored parents became... very mindful of my future, in a way they never had been before. And I understand this is because Hachiko was their favorite, their bright, shining hope for the family and the Lion's Pride member that our line has always wanted," he says, pushing aside a certain bitterness in his tone. "But I... I am uncertain whether they would have me matched with a red-blooded warrior, in hopes of the strongest children possible, or pursuing some other means of raising our unremarkable status, or..." He pauses for a moment, composing himself to say something that is clearly heavy with emotion for him. "Do you... Do you think that they might be so in need of relief from Hachiko's terrible loss, that any one who might be the future mother of a Lion's Pride member will be their new favorite daughter?" Even in the Matsu's analytical mind, there is clear uncertainty.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:11 pm
"Do you... Do you think that they might be so in need of relief from Hachiko's terrible loss, that any one who might be the future mother of a Lion's Pride member will be their new favorite daughter?"
There is a shift in the Kitsu. Those of the Lion sometimes call it "The Mourner's trance", others still call it some kind of split personality - but to Kitsu, it was the shrine. A dedicated headspace where no sadness could drown him and no grief could beak him. It was used exactly for questions like this - to provide support when no one else can.

"I can't speak for every parent or every family. But from what I've seen they won't have a wife replace a daughter. It just isn't possible. Hachiko wasn't someone you even could replace like that, even if their daughter is the pride of the pride. A daughter-in-law will never replace a daughter - your family will not forget Hachiko nor the honourable life she led. Does that answer your question?"
PM if thread desired

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:42 pm

"No, Kitsu-san--forgive me, I did not speak clearly about my concern. This is... a sensitive topic, as you appreciate already. Let me... try putting it a different way."

After a couple of breaths to clear his own thoughts, Ishioka begins slowly. "I know that no one will replace Hachiko, for anyone in my family. But I believe that, where Hachiko was the great hope, and carried all my parents' expectations, that burden has shifted to me. Perhaps more so to my future wife, and the children we would hope to have. Because I can't be the Lion's Pride member that my parents want so badly, nor can my wife, but if we have strong daughters then perhaps they will be. My parents have failed their parents in bringing that level of prestige to our bloodline -- despite having three daughters before Hachiko died -- and I am... I am worried that perhaps their only real care for me is their perception of future granddaughters, if you'll forgive me speaking too directly."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:42 pm
"No, Kitsu-san--forgive me, I did not speak clearly about my concern. This is... a sensitive topic, as you appreciate already. Let me... try putting it a different way."

After a couple of breaths to clear his own thoughts, Ishioka begins slowly. "I know that no one will replace Hachiko, for anyone in my family. But I believe that, where Hachiko was the great hope, and carried all my parents' expectations, that burden has shifted to me. Perhaps more so to my future wife, and the children we would hope to have. Because I can't be the Lion's Pride member that my parents want so badly, nor can my wife, but if we have strong daughters then perhaps they will be. My parents have failed their parents in bringing that level of prestige to our bloodline -- despite having three daughters before Hachiko died -- and I am... I am worried that perhaps their only real care for me is their perception of future granddaughters, if you'll forgive me speaking too directly."
A difficult situation indeed. After thinking it over, his answer is slow and deliberate.

"...There is a different between love and pride, Matsu-san. Who your family may take pride in may change, but your family will always love you because they're your family. It is possible that they give one family more attention to ensure their child reaches the Pride, but ultimately no. Your family will love your family because they are family. Such betrayal of love for prestige is, ultimately, Crane."

He let the words hang in the air like a whistling wind before continuing.

"...Forgive me - given the location of her death and the haste required to make the report, I never truly met with your family after... it. The information was passed down to me from up correspondents up north. Without having met them, I cannot for certain comment on your family and their disposition. I can only hope for the best."

His mind flashed to the report itself, prompting him further.

"...When you introduce Inoshishi-san to the family, however. I understand that you have gone through the process of overcoming those wounds - they may have not. I have my own plans, but considering my involvement I will definitely be willing to be there for that, if it would help."
PM if thread desired