[D5LA] A gathering of seers (Special)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D5LA] A gathering of seers (Special)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:21 am

The Moth had enough of today and these people, they offered no resolution to anything. A dud. She remembers the gatherings of her clan and the things the shugenas and seers could do when they worked together - heck she had done them herself.

She chewed her lip.

This is more like a pillowbook club with cake and tea but no actual craft to it. She grimly thought immediately filling up with rage.

She turned and said softly to the room. "Gomen, for causing such a disturbance. I will take my leave as well."

Koi leaves as well.

/exit unless someone needs her.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:44 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 pm
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 pm
Yes. Cake.

Om nom nom.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Inoshishi turns towards the otter and beckons her closer, leaning over to whisper (in a mostly actual whisper)

“Hi! Cake is great! We’re talking about our favorite divination techniques! I’m Agasha Inoshishi!”

She would say more, but cake.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:59 pm

Leaning in, she offered a friendly smile in return. "Usogawa Narumi. The pleasure is all mine."
She regarded the Dragon for a moment, before averting her gaze to the, well, diversion Koi-chan had seemed embroiled in.
...The Dragon really was quite lovely. Narumi glanced back to her, and the goth Moto as well.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:44 am
"Anoo... seem you have a headache... etoo... would you like... some aroma therapy option?" She kept sight to his hem.
“Aroma… nani?” He blinks and shakes his head. There’s another bow and he politely refuses. “I commend Kaito-san for her care, but, as mentioned before. I am confident my cousin will be able to help. Perhaps more tea. Tomorrow maybe. If Kaito-san excuses me.”

/exit if not stopped
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:21 pm

"Ah... hai..." She bowed her head. "This one is at your service when you please, Lord sama." Oubaihime felt a pit in her stomach being very sad.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Mitsuki was just unable to follow all what's happening, not even sure about who was still in the room, who had left, and who had one foot in one foot out.

She stood to offer some form of closure to those still there:

"I think the signs are clear that this meeting is officially adjourned. You can of course stay to enjoy what's left of the tea, the cake, and the pleasure of the conversation with your fellows, but there will be no more announcement.

In all cases, this first contact has been quite enlightening..."

They definitely learned a lot of things today, though maybe not so much on divination than on the complex relationship diagram between the people there.

"... If another such meeting was to take place though, it would likely require a more substantial agenda to progress further. We all lodge in the same inn, you know where to find me if you have ideas on that matter."

She bowed to her audience:

"On that, thank you all for coming here, and may you enjoy the rest of your day."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:21 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:42 pm
She stood to offer some form of

"On that, thank you all for coming here, and may you enjoy the rest of your day."
Inoshishi winces slightly, wishing she’d divined how loud the Moto could be when she wished.

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:59 pm
...The Dragon really was quite lovely. Narumi glanced back to her, and the goth Moto as well.
“Well, I still have room for cake, so I vote we three continue the meeting as…as a subcommittee! The cake subcommittee! What are your favorite divination methods, Usogawa-san? I’m partial to my stories, and Moto-san enjoys reading bones in cups! Wait, that’s not right. Apologies Moto-san, I was distracted. Which is probably why I don’t do anything with cups, they’re too breakable!”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:50 pm

Her mind ticked to the different forms of divination she'd encountered while at port across Rokugan's rivers. She considered answering that she could divine from the weather, but given the dreary state of such at the miai thusfar, decided against it. Hm. How to answer?
"Tell me more about how you divine through stories? I've not heard of that method before. As for this one..." -last minute racing before she erupts into an easy smile, settling on an answer. "Practising O-Mikuji when I visit the temples of different cities is always interesting. The message you receive could be viewed as being fortunate or unfortunate; it just depends on your luck on the day."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:02 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:50 pm
"Tell me more about how you divine through stories? I've not heard of that method before. As for this one..." -last minute racing before she erupts into an easy smile, settling on an answer. "Practising O-Mikuji when I visit the temples of different cities is always interesting. The message you receive could be viewed as being fortunate or unfortunate; it just depends on your luck on the day."
“Well, I lay my scrolls out in numbered positions. Not, like, physically numbered, inns would get mad, but in a hexagram around me, four deep. Then I toss three coins, then follow that direction and read the first line on each scroll that my eyes hit upon. It’s often cryptic, but helpful.

I am unfamiliar with O-Mikuji, will you tell me more?”