D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:23 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 pm
That was... That was a lot to put on just her reading. She was a little concerned, especially since her reading was pretty much 'Go nuts. Throw caution to the wind and do what you want'.

At the same time... They'd only be in the same castle for little over a week. What's the worst that could happen?

"Ah, as always I do advise that, while our fates are written in the stars, they can change when one applies pressure. So, as always, be prepared for whatever you do."
"Yes, of course. I will try to act within the limits of my skills - to be certain of both where I strive and where I lack. I do not wish to delude myself into believing I can do everything, nor would any Lion take a weapon to the battlefield untested."

It seemed he was going less 'go nuts, do everything' and more 'play to your strengths, understand your weaknesses'.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:20 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:23 am
"Yes, of course. I will try to act within the limits of my skills - to be certain of both where I strive and where I lack. I do not wish to delude myself into believing I can do everything, nor would any Lion take a weapon to the battlefield untested."

It seemed he was going less 'go nuts, do everything' and more 'play to your strengths, understand your weaknesses'.
That was always the best way to do it.

She nodded happily. "Good! Though, some of the methods of testing weapons are... unfavorable, but! Ah! Got to do it somehow. So, otherwise, how are you?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:20 pm
That was always the best way to do it.

She nodded happily. "Good! Though, some of the methods of testing weapons are... unfavorable, but! Ah! Got to do it somehow. So, otherwise, how are you?"
"How... am I?"

He gave himself a once over.

"I feel pretty great, honestly. I originally felt a little like I was being dismissed from my duty being sent here, but unless it's something like shogi tomorrow I'm going pretty strong this miai."
He brought his focus to the here and then, rather than the now and general area.
"Good company, good guidance, good times - why do you ask? Am I supposed to feel a ... shock or something when my fortune is told?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:06 pm
"How... am I?"

He gave himself a once over.

"I feel pretty great, honestly. I originally felt a little like I was being dismissed from my duty being sent here, but unless it's something like shogi tomorrow I'm going pretty strong this miai."

He brought his focus to the here and then, rather than the now and general area.
"Good company, good guidance, good times - why do you ask? Am I supposed to feel a ... shock or something when my fortune is told?"
She listened along and nodded. Almost a bit jealous that somebody not her was apparently doing great at all of this crap, but then shook her head. "No. Was just asking as a way to continue the conversation because I'm running low on questions to ask and am terrible at coming up with new ones because I am not a courtier."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:17 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:53 pm
She listened along and nodded. Almost a bit jealous that somebody not her was apparently doing great at all of this crap, but then shook her head. "No. Was just asking as a way to continue the conversation because I'm running low on questions to ask and am terrible at coming up with new ones because I am not a courtier."
The Kitsu nodded in understanding.

"Ah, I understand. It can be nerve-wracking to try and converse with someone new, especially as you have yet to establish common ground."

Time to test this whole confidence thing.

"But I suppose we could always discuss topics like: Have you been around the forest? How do you keep so fair? How was you winter court? Would you like to spend the evening together over a cup of fine wine? Who has your curiosity at this miai of ours? Have you purchased anything from the market? To name some possibilities."

With a wide gesture, he turned the entire tea house into an imaginary canvas.

"Any time there is something there can be two opinions on, there's an entire conversation waiting to happen."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:18 pm

That was a lot of questions thrown at her at once, but Unsei chuckled slightly and took them on like a challenge.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:17 pm
The Kitsu nodded in understanding.
Have you been around the forest?
"I have! It was rather delightful, surprisingly. Usually I'm not too interested in being out in the outside, but I found it pleasant enough. What of you? I'm sure that by now you've been there. How did you find it?
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
How do you keep so fair?
"By not going outside."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
How was you winter court?
"Boring, utterly. Met a lot of cute people though and we all had our fun, so that was nice."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Would you like to spend the evening together over a cup of fine wine?
"Oh? Well, I am certainly not against it by any means. Or perhaps tomorrow evening?"
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Who has your curiosity at this miai of ours?
"Ah... I will say there is someone, but a lady never kisses and tells."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Have you purchased anything from the market?
"A lot of mochi. Like. A lot."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
With a wide gesture, he turned the entire tea house into an imaginary canvas.

"Any time there is something there can be two opinions on, there's an entire conversation waiting to happen."
"This is true, but usually that's how things turn into a debate and that's less than fun... Usually anyway. Sometimes debates can be invigorating, especially when you're just trying to get somebody upset."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm

The Kitsu clapped - not in a mocking way, but in a genuinely impressed one.

"I must say, Seppun-sama, for one who said they were running out of questions, you certainly have answers in great supply. From here, we can work to what seemed to interest you:"
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:18 pm
"I have! It was rather delightful, surprisingly. Usually I'm not too interested in being out in the outside, but I found it pleasant enough. What of you? I'm sure that by now you've been there. How did you find it?
"Rather serene - then again, I first walked the forest for work, so to speak, so I wold hardly associate them with pure joy. Calming, though. I met quite a crowd when I first arrived here - a ronin shugenja, perhaps Hida-no-Kami's best friend among the Phoenix, and a Dragon who I'm half-tempted to say is more myth than intelligble. Still, she has a vibrant heart and is an honest soul, if nothing else."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"Oh? Well, I am certainly not against it by any means. Or perhaps tomorrow evening?"
"Tomorrow evening is a broad time, but certainly. I've lost my faith in the plays in the theater - would that be a good time to meet?"
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"This is true, but usually that's how things turn into a debate and that's less than fun... Usually anyway. Sometimes debates can be invigorating, especially when you're just trying to get somebody upset."
"Is that so? My work always forces me to try and prevent arguments, so I've never really indulged in deliberate ire much. Could you tell me more?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:17 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:45 pm
The Kitsu clapped - not in a mocking way, but in a genuinely impressed one.

"I must say, Seppun-sama, for one who said they were running out of questions, you certainly have answers in great supply. From here, we can work to what seemed to interest you:"

"Rather serene - then again, I first walked the forest for work, so to speak, so I wold hardly associate them with pure joy. Calming, though. I met quite a crowd when I first arrived here - a ronin shugenja, perhaps Hida-no-Kami's best friend among the Phoenix, and a Dragon who I'm half-tempted to say is more myth than intelligble. Still, she has a vibrant heart and is an honest soul, if nothing else."
Easier to answer questions than to think of questions to ask, but then again, I'm not exactly the most imaginable person out here. Oh, ah, that does sound like quite a lot of people out there. I can't say I've met that many out there, especially at once, but it does have the oddest quality of being rather memorable experiences when you go out there, no?"
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"Tomorrow evening is a broad time, but certainly. I've lost my faith in the plays in the theater - would that be a good time to meet?"
"It would be for me. I never go to those things. I've got other things to be doing, like... drinking or talking to others."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"Is that so? My work always forces me to try and prevent arguments, so I've never really indulged in deliberate ire much. Could you tell me more?"
"It's truthfully just being a rat bastard. Not getting too involved into the debate, or not actually caring about it at all, but knowing that whoever you're talking to is really into it, or is one of those types that have to always be right and have a stick up their ass, makes it really, really easy to just keep dragging them along and seeing how mad you can get them."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:17 pm
Easier to answer questions than to think of questions to ask, but then again, I'm not exactly the most imaginable person out here. Oh, ah, that does sound like quite a lot of people out there. I can't say I've met that many out there, especially at once, but it does have the oddest quality of being rather memorable experiences when you go out there, no?"
An affirmative.
"Definitely. Forests tend to have that effect, I find - If the forests were orators, One could only imagine what stories they'd tell."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"It's truthfully just being a rat bastard. Not getting too involved into the debate, or not actually caring about it at all, but knowing that whoever you're talking to is really into it, or is one of those types that have to always be right and have a stick up their ass, makes it really, really easy to just keep dragging them along and seeing how mad you can get them."
Moshumaru chuckled.

"You make it sound so vicious, so... war-like. It sounds fascinating for something you seem to consider so vile."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"It would be for me. I never go to those things. I've got other things to be doing, like... drinking or talking to others."
The Kitsu sighed for effect.

"Had I learned from you a tad earlier... I admit, I would not have missed those evenings. Still, I look forward to spending more time with you, Seppun-sama."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:47 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:51 pm
An affirmative.
"Definitely. Forests tend to have that effect, I find - If the forests were orators, One could only imagine what stories they'd tell."
"You can talk to trees. Trust me, their stories aren't as interesting as you think. They're so slow and because it's a tree, they aren't really good with time, so you'll ask it when was the last time somebody walked through here and they start telling you about fifty decades ago when they were a sapling." Unsei had a thousand yard stare ahead of them. It seemed talking to a tree or two was part of her shungeja course.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Moshumaru chuckled.

"You make it sound so vicious, so... war-like. It sounds fascinating for something you seem to consider so vile."
"Oh, it is. It's vile, but yet... so fun. So, so very fun... And mean, but... there are times when I feel that sometimes being a little mean is for the best. You know?
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
The Kitsu sighed for effect.

"Had I learned from you a tad earlier... I admit, I would not have missed those evenings. Still, I look forward to spending more time with you, Seppun-sama."
"Learning from me is never a good thing, honestly. I am a gremlin at the best of times. Speaking of being a gremlin, I probably should warn you that I'm not likely to look like this tomorrow. I tend to, uh, change how I appear on the daily. Sometimes."