D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 pm
She listened intently, nodding along here and there when she felt it was right, but she was clearly engaged and interested. When he finished speaking, she took another sip of her tea to give her time to think of a proper question. After setting it down, she nodded once again. "It sounds like a rather long and even difficult process[...]"
In turn listening and nodding, the Kitsu looked more and more impressed as the Imperial continued with their analysis.

"For a role you have not heard too much about, you have a stronger understanding of it than most I have come to met. I am impressed, Seppun-sama."

He found a smile planting itself on his face.

"That said, intra and inter-clan are almost entirely different beasts - while I have no trouble within the clan, the nature of our work tends to discomfort others when we are not called upon - a living reminder that we will fall one day. Outside of the clan it is exactly as you say - once I made good friends with the son of the deceased's lord, another I had to traverse the Crane lands as a fugitive because of misled grief."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Then she blinked. "Oh? Me? Ah, I am just like any other Seppun. A guard and protector of the Emperor and the Forbidden Palace. I haven't formally started my duties yet, but once I get married I will be and I must admit that I'm rather excited."
Realizing his mistake, the Kitsu corrected himself.

"Ah, forgive me - I was under the impression that you were, shall we say, more aligned with the spiritual protection of the Emperor than one of the palace guard bushi. I'm glad to hear you're excited for the role - most would be overjoyed to serve the Emperor in such a manner."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
'Noodles in a library? Seems a bit odd." Then she shook her head, chuckling. "I do understand what you mean though. Nothing is better than home, but rarely do many of us get to enjoy home as much as we wish to."
"Ah, I should have specified - I meant the noodles at the Ikoma libraries. Specifically where I work, there are these three places that make some of the best noodles I've ever had - even their plain Udon tastes like childhood dreams. You are right, though - nothing is better than home."

He almost raised a toast, but the moment had passed. Instead, he refreshed his throat before continuing.

"Would it be improper of me to inquire where home is for you, Seppun-sama?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 am

In turn listening and nodding, the Kitsu looked more and more impressed as the Imperial continued with their analysis.

"For a role you have not heard too much about, you have a stronger understanding of it than most I have come to met. I am impressed, Seppun-sama."

He found a smile planting itself on his face.

"That said, intra and inter-clan are almost entirely different beasts - while I have no trouble within the clan, the nature of our work tends to discomfort others when we are not called upon - a living reminder that we will fall one day. Outside of the clan it is exactly as you say - once I made good friends with the son of the deceased's lord, another I had to traverse the Crane lands as a fugitive because of misled grief."
"Most bushi usually know that, though I suppose a few of them and courtiers and some shugenja try to ignore that eventual fate. Of course, there are always other ways to keep on living, like having stories passed down of you, but I guess some don't really think about that." She shrugged some. "Though, ah, aha, I wouldn't say I have a stronger understanding of it. Just maybe a bit more used to how fickle people can be. There are plenty out there who don't like what fortunes I give them and they get rather upset, so when it comes to something like a death book, they probably are much more picky about it.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Realizing his mistake, the Kitsu corrected himself.

"Ah, forgive me - I was under the impression that you were, shall we say, more aligned with the spiritual protection of the Emperor than one of the palace guard bushi. I'm glad to hear you're excited for the role - most would be overjoyed to serve the Emperor in such a manner."
She blinked. "...Would that still not make me a guard? If I guard the Emperor from spiritual and future threats, does that give me some other title? Protector instead of guard?" She lightly teased, a smile on her face. "Myself and the other Astrologers work hand-in-hand with the Miharu and so while we do not get their formal title, we are still guards like them. Just... for matters that they aren't able to handle. In turn, they deal with the matters we can't handle. The more physical stuff."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"Ah, I should have specified - I meant the noodles at the Ikoma libraries. Specifically where I work, there are these three places that make some of the best noodles I've ever had - even their plain Udon tastes like childhood dreams. You are right, though - nothing is better than home."

He almost raised a toast, but the moment had passed. Instead, he refreshed his throat before continuing.

"Would it be improper of me to inquire where home is for you, Seppun-sama?"
"It was a joke, Kitsu-san. I do understand what you meant, but saying you get noodles from a library gives the impression of a noodle cart in a library, which is rather odd, all things considered. Or... noodles being made from books, but I don't think that would happen. Would be too nasty and turn into more of a soup, I'd assume. Ah! But I am glad that it brings back memories. Such things are sweet and should be cherished."

When it came to where she lived, she chuckled. "Oh, ah, I lived where you'd expect, really. My parents are both notable Astrologers as well, so I lived in Otosan Uchi. We had a nice summer home though not too far away and I spent a lot of time there with my grandparents, too."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 pm
"Most bushi usually know that, though I suppose a few of them and courtiers and some shugenja try to ignore that eventual fate. Of course, there are always other ways to keep on living, like having stories passed down of you, but I guess some don't really think about that." She shrugged some. "Though, ah, aha, I wouldn't say I have a stronger understanding of it. Just maybe a bit more used to how fickle people can be. There are plenty out there who don't like what fortunes I give them and they get rather upset, so when it comes to something like a death book, they probably are much more picky about it.
The Kitsu gave his agreement. "When destiny is against us, I suppose it's natural to try and defy it. It must be frustrating to hear on a regular basis, but is there truly much else they can do?"
He was genuinely curious - being primarily assistant to those whose fortunes had finished being written, he had little experience with fortune telling and the practice thereof.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
She blinked. "...Would that still not make me a guard? If I guard the Emperor from spiritual and future threats, does that give me some other title? Protector instead of guard?" She lightly teased, a smile on her face. "Myself and the other Astrologers work hand-in-hand with the Miharu and so while we do not get their formal title, we are still guards like them. Just... for matters that they aren't able to handle. In turn, they deal with the matters we can't handle. The more physical stuff."
"That wasn't what I was trying to say at all, Seppun-sama - please, allow me to explain."

The poor dear believed he had truly offended the Seppun - any teasing had gone straight over his head. Looking flustered, he thought as to how to best explain the difference.

"...What I meant to say was that nearly of the Seppun I've met are, as you said, Miharu. From my experience in the Lion lands, one of your beaut-physique may have more experience with more diplomatic matters, such as within the courts or, as you do, charting the fortunes. At the time I didn't wish to assume either, so..."

He offered a sincere bow.

"Please, forgive any offence I may have caused."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"It was a joke, Kitsu-san. I do understand what you meant, but saying you get noodles from a library gives the impression of a noodle cart in a library, which is rather odd, all things considered. Or... noodles being made from books, but I don't think that would happen. Would be too nasty and turn into more of a soup, I'd assume. Ah! But I am glad that it brings back memories. Such things are sweet and should be cherished."

When it came to where she lived, she chuckled. "Oh, ah, I lived where you'd expect, really. My parents are both notable Astrologers as well, so I lived in Otosan Uchi. We had a nice summer home though not too far away and I spent a lot of time there with my grandparents, too."
"Well there was this time me and some colleagues declared this play manuscript so awful it would be better as soup - the playwright himself told us to either eat those words or face his steel. As I had to travel to the Sparrow lands the next day, I gave his manuscript to Yachi who turned into a soup for me, so that the rest of us could continue unabated. It was awful, but I think that was because the manuscript was bad."

A smile began to creep onto his face near the end. Once he realized it, he contained it, returning to Imperial proper decorum.

"I've never been to Otosan Uchi, I admit - I can imagine for first time visitors, it must be awe inspiring. What is it like living there?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:33 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:42 pm
The Kitsu gave his agreement. "When destiny is against us, I suppose it's natural to try and defy it. It must be frustrating to hear on a regular basis, but is there truly much else they can do?"
He was genuinely curious - being primarily assistant to those whose fortunes had finished being written, he had little experience with fortune telling and the practice thereof.
"We may accept this fate or defy it, but we cannot deny it." She said softly, momentarily lost to her thoughts, brows furrowed in concentration. A moment later, she seemed to pull herself out of it and smile. "Oh, ah... We foresee the future in an attempt to defy the future, which is fine. Others wishing to defy their fates is also fine, but death is one such fate that we cannot deny or defy."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"That wasn't what I was trying to say at all, Seppun-sama - please, allow me to explain."

The poor dear believed he had truly offended the Seppun - any teasing had gone straight over his head. Looking flustered, he thought as to how to best explain the difference.

"...What I meant to say was that nearly of the Seppun I've met are, as you said, Miharu. From my experience in the Lion lands, one of your beaut-physique may have more experience with more diplomatic matters, such as within the courts or, as you do, charting the fortunes. At the time I didn't wish to assume either, so..."

He offered a sincere bow.

"Please, forgive any offence I may have caused."
"Beaut-physique is a word I haven't heard before, but..." She waved away his bow. "I wasn't offended, Kitsu-san. Please, relax. I have little want to run your nerves raw this afternoon. It takes quite a bit to get under my skin as long as it isn't blatant insults, so do relax." She smiled sweetly, harmlessly.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
"Well there was this time me and some colleagues declared this play manuscript so awful it would be better as soup - the playwright himself told us to either eat those words or face his steel. As I had to travel to the Sparrow lands the next day, I gave his manuscript to Yachi who turned into a soup for me, so that the rest of us could continue unabated. It was awful, but I think that was because the manuscript was bad."

A smile began to creep onto his face near the end. Once he realized it, he contained it, returning to Imperial proper decorum.

"I've never been to Otosan Uchi, I admit - I can imagine for first time visitors, it must be awe inspiring. What is it like living there?"
She listened to the story and then shook her head at the end, chuckling softly. "My... I cannot say that I would want to actually eat a play, but if it was such an awful little thing, than perhaps your sacrifice was for the best so that no other would have to read such terrible things." There was a pause as she took a sip of her tea. "I must say though, I am mildly curious to hear what it was about. Was it based on that one... book... about three ronin in a boat together or some such?"

"As for living in Otosan Uchi... It's a headache. Most every samurai there wants to stab you in the back to further themselves and gain status. Everything is such high stakes, but there are a few backalleys and small corner markets that sell the best food or trinkets that one could ever want for. If you can get away from court for such things anyway."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:48 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:33 pm
"We may accept this fate or defy it, but we cannot deny it." She said softly, momentarily lost to her thoughts, brows furrowed in concentration. A moment later, she seemed to pull herself out of it and smile. "Oh, ah... We foresee the future in an attempt to defy the future, which is fine. Others wishing to defy their fates is also fine, but death is one such fate that we cannot deny or defy."
The Kitsu nodded at the Seppun's widsom. He had no knowledge in that field, so he simply listened and learned.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"Beaut-physique is a word I haven't heard before, but..." She waved away his bow. "I wasn't offended, Kitsu-san. Please, relax. I have little want to run your nerves raw this afternoon. It takes quite a bit to get under my skin as long as it isn't blatant insults, so do relax." She smiled sweetly, harmlessly.
There was something genuine about the sigh of relief he let out.

"Thank you, Seppun-sama. I admit I was going to say your beauty, but it felt too... simple? Not grandiose enough for the Imperial line? Like I would be presenting a simple bowl of rice as a gift to the clan Champion. I suppose a more appropriate word would be... Gorgeousness, maybe? Enthrallment? Charm would be too simple I feel, but not incorrect."

Might have been better to not say that last part out loud? No? Well, too late now.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"I must say though, I am mildly curious to hear what it was about. Was it based on that one... book... about three ronin in a boat together or some such?"
The Kitsu signalled a negative.

"Fortunes forgive us for even writing that travesty, but no. I think this one was actually worse. It was instead a strange little work about an Agasha shugenja who has kami of the earth take corporeal form and follow them. Which as a premise is fine enough, but it had the problem of terrible writing and dreadfully unlikable characters. Nevermind how half of the conflicts in this nine day play were resolved simply by said Agasha shugenja telling others how to behave with no proper standing in either honour or status. Dreadful piece, I tell you."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
"As for living in Otosan Uchi... It's a headache. Most every samurai there wants to stab you in the back to further themselves and gain status. Everything is such high stakes, but there are a few backalleys and small corner markets that sell the best food or trinkets that one could ever want for. If you can get away from court for such things anyway."
The Kitsu showed his sympathy, offering Unsei room to continue or cease this line of talk as was liked.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:12 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:48 am
There was something genuine about the sigh of relief he let out.

"Thank you, Seppun-sama. I admit I was going to say your beauty, but it felt too... simple? Not grandiose enough for the Imperial line? Like I would be presenting a simple bowl of rice as a gift to the clan Champion. I suppose a more appropriate word would be... Gorgeousness, maybe? Enthrallment? Charm would be too simple I feel, but not incorrect."

Might have been better to not say that last part out loud? No? Well, too late now.
If Unsei was a bit more modest, she might've tried to brush away the compliments. Unfortunately, she had a bit too much of an ego for her own good and so she giggled behind her hand, not denying her beauty. "My, my, Kitsu-san. With a tongue like that, you are likely to come out of this miai with perhaps even Shika Pei-Pei-san on your arm, or at least are able to swoon her enough to allow you to take home your choice of spouse. You must have several already looking to romance you, no?"
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
The Kitsu signalled a negative.

"Fortunes forgive us for even writing that travesty, but no. I think this one was actually worse. It was instead a strange little work about an Agasha shugenja who has kami of the earth take corporeal form and follow them. Which as a premise is fine enough, but it had the problem of terrible writing and dreadfully unlikable characters. Nevermind how half of the conflicts in this nine day play were resolved simply by said Agasha shugenja telling others how to behave with no proper standing in either honour or status. Dreadful piece, I tell you."
"Sounds similar to an actual occurrence I had when I was younger. Some Isawa wanted a fire kami to take physical form and travel along with him always. It might've sounded sweet to the most delusional of us, but when he summoned the spirit, it lasted all of five seconds before dissipating as this Isawa never even thought to have some sort of vessel or kindling for the poor thing and unlike earth, fire needs fuel." She shook her head. "He was also unlikable, but a nine day play? Stars above, I would've left after the first five minutes. You and your friends truly did save us from a fate worse than death."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
The Kitsu showed his sympathy, offering Unsei room to continue or cease this line of talk as was liked.
Unsei didn't find any need to further expand on the topic.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:11 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:12 am
"Sounds similar to an actual occurrence I had when I was younger. Some Isawa wanted a fire kami to take physical form and travel along with him always. It might've sounded sweet to the most delusional of us, but when he summoned the spirit, it lasted all of five seconds before dissipating as this Isawa never even thought to have some sort of vessel or kindling for the poor thing and unlike earth, fire needs fuel." She shook her head. "He was also unlikable, but a nine day play? Stars above, I would've left after the first five minutes. You and your friends truly did save us from a fate worse than death."
"Nine days. Thankfully, one may suppose, there was planned sleep and meal breaks, if one truly wished someone to confess to their crime."

He chuckled a little at his own joke before sighing.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:12 am
If Unsei was a bit more modest, she might've tried to brush away the compliments. Unfortunately, she had a bit too much of an ego for her own good and so she giggled behind her hand, not denying her beauty. "My, my, Kitsu-san. With a tongue like that, you are likely to come out of this miai with perhaps even Shika Pei-Pei-san on your arm, or at least are able to swoon her enough to allow you to take home your choice of spouse. You must have several already looking to romance you, no?"
The Kitsu took a sip of his tea before replying, leaning in a little.

"I am but a humble Lion, Seppun-sama ; I try to live by the tenet of honesty as best as any samurai can. My compliments are given because they are truly deserved, Seppun-sama. That said, it is always an honour to serve the Imperial household to us Lion - I am willing and eager to fulfill my assignment to the fullest, so to speak."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:20 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:11 pm
The Kitsu took a sip of his tea before replying, leaning in a little.

"I am but a humble Lion, Seppun-sama ; I try to live by the tenet of honesty as best as any samurai can. My compliments are given because they are truly deserved, Seppun-sama. That said, it is always an honour to serve the Imperial household to us Lion - I am willing and eager to fulfill my assignment to the fullest, so to speak."
"Flatterer and flatterer." She shook her head some, but was smiling away regardless. "There is no duty for you to fulfil in that regard. Besides, the more compliments I receive, the more airheaded I become and we do not want to see what happens when I become a full airhead. An Imperial that's full of themselves is a mighty problem for the best of samurai."

After taking another sip of her tea, she looked over towards him. "So, I suppose as a random thing which I haven't actually been doing much of... do you want your fortune read? Maybe a little glimpse at how things might go for you during the miai?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:36 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:20 pm
"Flatterer and flatterer." She shook her head some, but was smiling away regardless. "There is no duty for you to fulfil in that regard. Besides, the more compliments I receive, the more airheaded I become and we do not want to see what happens when I become a full airhead. An Imperial that's full of themselves is a mighty problem for the best of samurai."

After taking another sip of her tea, she looked over towards him. "So, I suppose as a random thing which I haven't actually been doing much of... do you want your fortune read? Maybe a little glimpse at how things might go for you during the miai?"
"It is as you say, Seppun-sama," the Kitsu confirmed with a wry smile.

The Kitsu sipped, making note of her own smile and making a note about the effect of compliments. That said, the offer of a fortune reading interested him.

"My fortune? ...Well it would be my first time, but the insight would be appreciated. What do you need me to do?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:15 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:36 pm
"It is as you say, Seppun-sama," the Kitsu confirmed with a wry smile.

The Kitsu sipped, making note of her own smile and making a note about the effect of compliments. That said, the offer of a fortune reading interested him.

"My fortune? ...Well it would be my first time, but the insight would be appreciated. What do you need me to do?"
"Depends on what you want, actually. Could do an in-depth reading of your future and any potential outcomes. Could do a simple yes or no question type deal or just outlooks for your day or month. If you're having trouble coming to a decision on something, I've got a reading for that. If you're having conversation difficulties with someone, I've even got stuff for that, too. It's a very, very useful thing." She explained while pulling out her gemstones. Each one was a different stone and they were all cut into different shapes so none had the same amount of sides. Each side was carved with a constellation or a symbol.