D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Moshumaru

D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:55 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru was a man who had learned to appreciate the simpler things in life.

This came from two main occasions - the first was three years ago, where he had to basically become a fugitive in Crane Lands because the grieving lord he was resident to had false accused him of murder. He spent a good month or so on the road, scraping by as best he could while trying to explain the situation. On his return, he was welcomed back with open arms, as apparently this had been planned as an excuse to start another conflict with the Crane.

The second, thankfully less dramatically, was when he was writing on behalf of the Sparrow clan champion's lost son. The clan had little, but their sincerity and kindness comforted him more than an improper meal ever could disgruntle him.

So, despite the odd looks, and the recommendation of the Deer prior, his luncheon order was a simple one.

"Boiled rice with the vegetables and black tea. Nothing extra, please."

A reminder. But more importantly, much harder to poison considering the plain nature of each ingredient.

Taking a seat, he waited.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Re: D4 MA - Green Teaness (Open but expecting)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm

Unsei had been here once before, but had little more than the tea. Which was exactly just what she'd be doing today. It was simple, nice, and she didn't have to think too hard about making an order. Which was great for all around.

However, before she sat down and found a spot to occupy, she saw the Kitsu, or rather mostly the Kitsu's hair, and decided that he looked like somebody fun to talk to. So, she gracefully moved over there and bowed. "Good afternoon. Mind if I join you? Oh, and I am Seppun Unsei, apologies. I tend to forget to introduce myself, but I'll do it earlier than I normally do today because I thankfully remembered. The first time in a while. Hah!"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:08 pm
Unsei had been here once before, but had little more than the tea. Which was exactly just what she'd be doing today. It was simple, nice, and she didn't have to think too hard about making an order. Which was great for all around.

However, before she sat down and found a spot to occupy, she saw the Kitsu, or rather mostly the Kitsu's hair, and decided that he looked like somebody fun to talk to. So, she gracefully moved over there and bowed. "Good afternoon. Mind if I join you? Oh, and I am Seppun Unsei, apologies. I tend to forget to introduce myself, but I'll do it earlier than I normally do today because I thankfully remembered. The first time in a while. Hah!"
The Kitsu stood and offered a deep bow to the new arrival. "Of course, Seppun-sama; The Right Hand of the Emperor would never refuse one of his closer servants. This one is Kitsu Moshumaru - I would be honoured if you would join me."

There is definitely a formality to his response, but it is a warm formality. Like a brother presenting their younger sibling with their Daisho.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:17 pm
The Kitsu stood and offered a deep bow to the new arrival. "Of course, Seppun-sama; The Right Hand of the Emperor would never refuse one of his closer servants. This one is Kitsu Moshumaru - I would be honoured if you would join me."

There is definitely a formality to his response, but it is a warm formality. Like a brother presenting their younger sibling with their Daisho.
"Oh, come now, Kitsu-san, there is little need to be so formal. We're only at a tea house, after all." She smiled faintly before sitting down at the table with him. Then she quickly called over a waitress and ordered a cup of green tea before returning all of her attention back to the fiery-haired Kitsu across from her.

"Though, how as the day found you so far? I do hope that the stars have guided you path and that Inari-no-kami has found you worthy of their blessing?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:12 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm
"Oh, come now, Kitsu-san, there is little need to be so formal. We're only at a tea house, after all." She smiled faintly before sitting down at the table with him. Then she quickly called over a waitress and ordered a cup of green tea before returning all of her attention back to the fiery-haired Kitsu across from her.
"Of course, Seppun-sama."

...Perhaps missing the point, but the effort was there. His stance, at least, was less disciplined and more comfortable.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm
"Though, how as the day found you so far? I do hope that the stars have guided you path and that Inari-no-kami has found you worthy of their blessing?"
"Indeed I have been found worthy - I was just about to acquire some lunch while I was here. What has been most interesting, however, is that this is the safest I've felt outside the clan lands in years. How have you find your time here, if I may? Would you like me to treat you to lunch?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:12 pm
"Indeed I have been found worthy - I was just about to acquire some lunch while I was here. What has been most interesting, however, is that this is the safest I've felt outside the clan lands in years. How have you find your time here, if I may? Would you like me to treat you to lunch?"
"I feel like it's been a mix between utterly anxiety-inducing and surprisingly calm. Overall, unnerving. I'm usually able to glean the future with some certainty, but here everything shifts so much that it's incredibly difficult to make any sort of accurate prediction." For someone who has spent nearly their entirely life knowing vaguely what's about to happen, it was terrifying.

"Though, ah, no thank you. Tea is more than enough for me this afternoon. But, tell me, why do you find this place so safe? I must admit that I'm rather curious to know."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 pm
"I feel like it's been a mix between utterly anxiety-inducing and surprisingly calm. Overall, unnerving. I'm usually able to glean the future with some certainty, but here everything shifts so much that it's incredibly difficult to make any sort of accurate prediction." For someone who has spent nearly their entirely life knowing vaguely what's about to happen, it was terrifying.

"Though, ah, no thank you. Tea is more than enough for me this afternoon. But, tell me, why do you find this place so safe? I must admit that I'm rather curious to know."
"I'm sorry to hear you are undergoing such distress, Shika-sama. It's perhaps the least I could do, but should you require an ear to ease your woes, I can always provide mine."

"As for this place and it's safety... it is not my first time here." A wave of nostalgia washed itself across his face.
"Usually when I travel, it for work - My work is usually to assist families in their darkest moments, so to speak. It comes with a certain... gravitas, so to speak, and requires a strict amount of decorum and sensitivity in a very emotionally charged environment. To not have those same burdens at this time is ... nice, I think would be the word."

His smile talks of the grief he has witnessed more than his words could ever imply.

"Forgive me, I suppose it is a rather morose topic - is it your first time at Kyuden Shika, Seppun-sama?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:58 pm
"I'm sorry to hear you are undergoing such distress, Shika-sama. It's perhaps the least I could do, but should you require an ear to ease your woes, I can always provide mine."

"As for this place and it's safety... it is not my first time here." A wave of nostalgia washed itself across his face.
"Usually when I travel, it for work - My work is usually to assist families in their darkest moments, so to speak. It comes with a certain... gravitas, so to speak, and requires a strict amount of decorum and sensitivity in a very emotionally charged environment. To not have those same burdens at this time is ... nice, I think would be the word."

His smile talks of the grief he has witnessed more than his words could ever imply.

"Forgive me, I suppose it is a rather morose topic - is it your first time at Kyuden Shika, Seppun-sama?"
"I appreciate your offer, Kitsu-san, but I shall pass. It is something that I need to work on myself, truthfully. In either case, if I do feel the need to talk over it, I could always do so with, ah... those a bit more trained to listen to the complaining and woes of the samurai rather than having to unload on an acquaintance I just met. I wouldn't wish to bother you with all of my whining."

Her tea arrived and she took it with a thankful nod of her head before taking a sip after the waitress poured her cup. When she was finished, she set the cup down and sighed softly, a bit more relaxed now. "I do not mind morose topics if you do not. They are a natural part of life, even if some keep trying to run from their eventual demise. Silly, really. Ah, but what is the exact nature of your work? I can't say I've heard too much about whatever it might be."

Then she chuckled faintly. "It is my first time here and hopefully my last if all goes well. As lovely as a place this is, I do miss my home quite a bit."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:16 pm
"I appreciate your offer, Kitsu-san, but I shall pass. It is something that I need to work on myself, truthfully. In either case, if I do feel the need to talk over it, I could always do so with, ah... those a bit more trained to listen to the complaining and woes of the samurai rather than having to unload on an acquaintance I just met. I wouldn't wish to bother you with all of my whining."
The Kitsu nodded in understanding. It was good to hear the Imperial house was appropriately cared for. He had no reason to doubt the word of a Seppun, and so he inquired no further.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Her tea arrived and she took it with a thankful nod of her head before taking a sip after the waitress poured her cup. When she was finished, she set the cup down and sighed softly, a bit more relaxed now. "I do not mind morose topics if you do not. They are a natural part of life, even if some keep trying to run from their eventual demise. Silly, really. Ah, but what is the exact nature of your work? I can't say I've heard too much about whatever it might be."
It was obvious as he spoke that the Kitsu had been allowed into his own comfort zone.
"We are the Writers for the Records of the Fallen," he began with pride.
"A subsect of the Ikoma Libraries, it is our righteous duty to make final records of samurai whom are now with their ancestors so that they may be remembered eternally in writing. This will mean we meet with the families, friends, lords and peers of the individual to ensure we present an honest, honourable record of each samurai who has the honour of serving Akodo-no-Kami's memory."
This, of course, did not explain the travels of the young man.
"In recent years, we have begun offering our services to other clans and families - sometimes for troubled individuals, sometimes for those taken too early, sometimes simply so they can be exalted in their passing. It's been an eye-opening occupation."

His own tea arrived, which he accepted with grace and thanks before returning to the Seppun.

"If I may, what is Seppun-sama's role in this Empire? I admit most Seppun I have met have been guardsman by trade."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Then she chuckled faintly. "It is my first time here and hopefully my last if all goes well. As lovely as a place this is, I do miss my home quite a bit."
The Lion chuckled himself.

"I can understand that feeling - no matter where I go, it's always the Library noodles which taste the best to me."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 pm
It was obvious as he spoke that the Kitsu had been allowed into his own comfort zone.
"We are the Writers for the Records of the Fallen," he began with pride.
"A subsect of the Ikoma Libraries, it is our righteous duty to make final records of samurai whom are now with their ancestors so that they may be remembered eternally in writing. This will mean we meet with the families, friends, lords and peers of the individual to ensure we present an honest, honourable record of each samurai who has the honour of serving Akodo-no-Kami's memory."
This, of course, did not explain the travels of the young man.
"In recent years, we have begun offering our services to other clans and families - sometimes for troubled individuals, sometimes for those taken too early, sometimes simply so they can be exalted in their passing. It's been an eye-opening occupation."

His own tea arrived, which he accepted with grace and thanks before returning to the Seppun.

"If I may, what is Seppun-sama's role in this Empire? I admit most Seppun I have met have been guardsman by trade."
She listened intently, nodding along here and there when she felt it was right, but she was clearly engaged and interested. When he finished speaking, she took another sip of her tea to give her time to think of a proper question. After setting it down, she nodded once again. "It sounds like a rather long and even difficult process. Having to speak to so many people, likely figuring out what's true and false for the person's history, and then writing it all down. Not to mention likely having to deal with various amounts of hate, as I'm sure there are people who aren't pleased that their enemies are getting these great death records written about them, making them seem larger than life." She tilted her head some. "But, I'm sure that also means quite a few people try to get on your good side, eh? For when they die and want a great fancy book written about their final couple of years, or greatest accomplishments, too."

Then she blinked. "Oh? Me? Ah, I am just like any other Seppun. A guard and protector of the Emperor and the Forbidden Palace. I haven't formally started my duties yet, but once I get married I will be and I must admit that I'm rather excited."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:35 pm
The Lion chuckled himself.

"I can understand that feeling - no matter where I go, it's always the Library noodles which taste the best to me."
'Noodles in a library? Seems a bit odd." Then she shook her head, chuckling. "I do understand what you mean though. Nothing is better than home, but rarely do many of us get to enjoy home as much as we wish to."