(D3, EE) Music for the Masses

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D3, EE) Music for the Masses

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:50 pm

"Very well, I shall do what I can," he replied with a smile.

He plucks a few strings to get his bearings, then starts into a plodding but somehow intense sounding piece. The technique required was not particularly taxing, but the timing and emotion of the piece made it whole. There was plenty of space for accompaniment to accent it.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Emiko listened to the song, getting a feeling for it before she brought up her flute and began to play. Quietly, as a backing for the piece rather than overpowering it. Fitting perfectly into the support role this time with a smile on her face.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:12 pm

As he played, and got comfortable with the piece he eventually looked up from the shamisen, and directly at her. His smile was in his eyes and felt the music, both of their music, and she could see he was truly enjoying playing with her. Even if the piece was a bit dark and lilting, his mood was anything but.

When it finally came to an end he bowed his head to her. "Thank you for helping see me through that piece, Usogawa-san. You are lo... it was lovely." He caught himself too late and it was clear what he had wanted to say... in this room of observers. He turned a bit read at that.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Emiko did blush slightly, having heard and worked out what he was going to say, bowing quickly and quickly moving on from it.

"Your performance was lovely also Kitsu-sama, thank you for allowing me to perform with you."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:24 pm

He nods in thanks. "I appreciate you saying so. And have loved the opportunity to play with you again as well," he says, setting aside his instrument. He returned to the tea.

"I will also look forward to doing so again in the future, as well as doing other things with you. I find myself wishing to spend more time together. I don't wish to impose on you though."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:24 pm

"I'm sure there's a lot of people who want Kitsu-samas time" Emiko said with a smile "I am trying to meet with many different people as one would expect from a miai but it seems to be quite difficult. Everyone kind of knows everyone in the Otter, we're such a small clan that it's hard not to. I can usually spot who is coming by their yakatabune."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:41 pm

"Well, if you find yourself looking around and can't find someone new to talk to, I'm always glad to share a song with you. And I think we should start doing more than just playing probably as well," he says with a smile. "The rain makes many outdoor activities less enjoyable, but plenty of indoor things we can do, too. Please allow me to monopolize your time as much as you can deal with." Murato chuckles.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 pm

Emiko giggled at that.

"I think Kitsu-sama just wants to steal me away. I may have to test that you're suitable for the yakatabune life at this rate. You've said you can swim though, so I'm sure that'll be fine. One might even have to swim in the rain too."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:13 pm

"Then... we'll swim in the rain," he says with a nod of confirmation. "Everything I've learned about you in the short time I've known you, tells me that I would be a fool to not consider joining you in your family a gift from the fortunes. So definitely keep me in mind if the nakado ask you about your interests."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 pm

"Have you met with the rest of the Otter, or are you basing it on just me?" Emiko asked, curious.