(D3, EE) Music for the Masses

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D3, EE) Music for the Masses

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:44 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:37 am
“Just the house special. I make it a little more special with one of my favorite mushrooms, chopped up and added finely. Would you like some? They function mostly like sugar. Have you been here before? I only just found it. I’ve seen you in the Miai! Isn’t it lovely and strange? Or strangely lovely? It’s so interesting how they divine your characteristics and worthiness for marriage, don’t you think?”
He tried not to think about it too much.

"Sure, I'd be glad to", he said of the tea, pushing his cup with the three dancing foxes toward her. "As to miai, it's different...usually it's not so much of a group activity, much more personal in Scorpion lands", he said. "What customs do the Dragon have, Agasha-san?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:31 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:13 pm
"This is called Yuri. It is a white tea with honey, and I can have a bit of a sweet tooth at times so it's what I've gotten every time I've visited," he says sliding a cup closer to her so she can share in it.
"With honey? I've never had a tea with honey before..."

Emiko picked up the cup, and once it was filled she took a sip.

"Huh. That's quite interesting...I'm not sure what to think."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:41 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:31 pm
"With honey? I've never had a tea with honey before..."

Emiko picked up the cup, and once it was filled she took a sip.

"Huh. That's quite interesting...I'm not sure what to think."
"It is my kind of tea. The Lion in general brew dark, bitter black teas. I've always preferred something with a gentle flavor, but reinforced with something sweet and bold," he replied, smiling. "That or something spiced."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:41 pm
"It is my kind of tea. The Lion in general brew dark, bitter black teas. I've always preferred something with a gentle flavor, but reinforced with something sweet and bold," he replied, smiling. "That or something spiced."
"I see" Emiko said with a nod "the Otter...well, we don't have a preferred tea. I prefer something light, there's some wonderful Crane brews. We've also had some teas from the Mantis isles before, those were very nice. Lots of fruit flavours."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:21 pm

"That sounds very nice. I could definitely see myself falling in love with some exotic fruit flavored teas," he says with wide smile. "It sounds amazing."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:57 pm

"You need to write a letter to a Mantis clan person then" Emiko said, bringing a hand up to cover a giggle remembering the first nights play "a real one though! The Otter don't meet the Mantis that often, we may live in rivers but our boats are not always the best at dealing with the ocean and the Mantis vessels struggle in the rivers. Might be a good thing though or I would have traded far too much tea otherwise."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Murato smiles brightly at the call back to the play, giving a quiet, breathy laugh. "I will do my level best to not end up in some crazy situation with the Mantis... but I can promise nothing." He sips his tea a bit more before leaning in. "I have missed playing music with you. A day seems entirely to long. Perhaps we should see if we can have rooms rearranged so that we can wake everyone in the morning and help them drift to rest in the evening? A little concert each night for the inn?"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:21 pm

"I don't know if everyone would like that. I've spoken to a few that seem to not be the type to want waking up via flutes" Emiko said with a small frown "I also think that might be a little disrespectful. I enjoy playing music though, so I'm always happy to meet up and perform together. Maybe not at night though, ne?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:32 pm

He looks at her with a grin. He had a hard time believing that she would think that he wasn't joking about moving rooms around so they could make loud noises for the inn.

"Well, I do love playing with you, but I think I'd also like to learn about other interests of yours too. Did you find out if they have any shogi boards in the palace?"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 pm

"I don't think they do" Emiko shook her head "they have games rooms at the geisha house though, so I suspect they'll have some there. Maybe they would allow people to borrow them?"