(D3, EE) Music for the Masses

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D3, EE) Music for the Masses

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:08 pm

"Perhaps. Or perhaps interested people might just partake of the services? It is a place to relax and converse. I would enjoy playing with a bit of privacy so that I don't get too embarrassed when I am beaten."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:20 pm

"Oh, hai that's true" Emiko nodded "that could be fun. They have some really nice teas there too, there was a lovely plum one they served before. Kitsu-sama seemed to like the idea of fruit teas after all."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:31 pm

"Well then, we'll have to make that happen," he said pulling his shamisen into his lap and leaning back a bit. He plucks absentmindedly.

"Plum wine sounds amazing. I am fond of plums honestly. With as much as your clan travels you must get to try many fresh fruits."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:44 pm

"I prefer strawberries. They're so sweet and really juicy, but so hard to get hold of. I remember drinking a strawberry flavoured tea once, it was wonderful" Emiko nodded, looking at the instrument and smiling more.

"Time to play?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:54 pm

"If you are ready, I am ready. I'll follow your lead, wherever you take me." He looks her right in the eye with that line, wondering if it was too subtle.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Emiko matched his look, and smiled with a nod as she brought her flute up. Whether she'd noticed anything more would not be obvious as she began to play a slow tune

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:42 pm

He gave her a few bars of her own, letting her build a pace and tone. After that he joined in slowly and supportively, keeping it simple and accentuating her own part as well as he could. He wanted her to shine like a star in a night sky. That was how he saw her in the few moments where they shared music like this, he was coming to realize. She was the brightest star and he was there to make her brighter in comparison.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Emiko, enjoying her performance, slowly brought it to an end. Lowering her flute and bowing to those now watching them before looking at Murato.

"You always know the best accompaniment Kitsu-sama, are you sure you're not a professional?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:08 pm

"Some of us were simply born to support people that truly shine. I understand that it takes cooperation to make harmony. I may be pretty skilled at playing myself but I would rather be part of something I already know will be wonderful and beautiful. I'd rather share myself with others and be a piece of a whole than stand apart. Even if my personality screams individuality sometimes."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:29 pm

Emiko shook her head.

"I think everyone should get a chance to shine. Including you Kitsu-sama" she motioned to his instrument "so lead on."