(D3, EE) Music for the Masses

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D3, EE) Music for the Masses

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:10 pm

"Yes," he said with a nod. "She seemed to be having some difficulty. When I spoke with her in the baths this afternoon, I tried to do what I could to encourage her and help her find some peace and comfort during her trying day. But she confided in me a bit, and I hope for her to grasp the happiness she has glimpsed."

He smiled at that, taking a sip of tea.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:02 pm

"I still don't approve" Emiko said, clearly not happy "I understand the Deer take matchmaking seriously but still..."

She took a moment, before sighing and bowing.

"My apology, you don't need to hear this. I will be fine as will Narumi-san."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:14 pm

"It is quite alright," he says with a soft smile. "The test didn't seem to test any real qualifications that I could see, and was hard on many. I tend to be somewhat accepting and resilient to such things by my nature, but where I can, I will help those that are hurt by it."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:38 pm

Emiko smiled.

"I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way, thank you" she bowed to the man, looking to the tea "what tea are you drinking?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:13 pm

"This is called Yuri. It is a white tea with honey, and I can have a bit of a sweet tooth at times so it's what I've gotten every time I've visited," he says sliding a cup closer to her so she can share in it.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:33 pm

The Moth enjoyed her tea as she waited, her mind enjoying the relative calm of the tea house picturing the pleasant conversations that fill the business on a day to day basis, and remembering the conversation with the Kuni the night previously. After a spell Koi is invited to separate to a more private room where Koi, the owner, is more open to a private conversation with the Moth.

Raising she followed the employee quietly taking into an excluded room. There she would discuss matters involving the spirits in the local area, and ask about folklore and all sorts of rumours someone in all their years might have heard about the realm of Yumi-do and the local spirits of Kyuden Shika. They'd converse over tea and after a while Koi would hear all that she could before excusing herself and heading back to her resident in the Inn.
D3. EE. Agenda Roll. Theology/Water. TN 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3 1Opportunity symbol used to negate 2 strife. +1 Agenda Point.
/exit
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:00 am
Being brave isn’t Inoshishi’s strong suit and besides, she usually doesn’t have license to be in these places, since she’s so bad with money, but thus night is different. She needs to blow off steam and since she has a letter proving that her lord will pay, she’s not worried about counting her zeni, for once.

Noticing the shamisen, she perks up, settling down for a drink and some enjoyable music.
After having cared for Yudaina earlier that day, Hikimasu goes out for some tea before the play. Walking down the road, umbrella deployed he arrives at the tea house. He fiddled with his mask, when it rains in summer, the humidity is horrible and a cloth mask like his just sticks to him. It's...annoying, but he didn't even sigh. His ancestors would probably smite him.

He saw Emiko and found himself drifting in that direction, but he also noted Murato and then suddenly didn't and before either of them looked his way he found himself sitting at a table across from a maiden of the Dragon clan.

"...hello." dead fish eyes stared.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:54 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:12 pm

"...hello." dead fish eyes stared.
Startled at the sudden appearance of a new person, Inoshishi takes a moment to get going. “Nyahi! Hi Shosuro-San! I’m Inoshishi! Agasha Inoshishi. Wow, your mask is all wet. I used to hate it when my clothes got wet, especially in the mountains, but now I’ve kinda gotten used to it! It’s like a bath from the Kami! What kind of tea do you like?” She’s clearly very interested in how the Shosuro is going to drink through that mask.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:57 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:54 pm
Startled at the sudden appearance of a new person, Inoshishi takes a moment to get going. “Nyahi! Hi Shosuro-San! I’m Inoshishi! Agasha Inoshishi. Wow, your mask is all wet. I used to hate it when my clothes got wet, especially in the mountains, but now I’ve kinda gotten used to it! It’s like a bath from the Kami! What kind of tea do you like?” She’s clearly very interested in how the Shosuro is going to drink through that mask.
That was a lot.

"Black", he managed after his brain processed everything that came out of the Dragon. "It'll dry soon, the mask... its...uh... what tea are you drinking?" He put his cup down out of reflex.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:37 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:57 pm
"Black", he managed after his brain processed everything that came out of the Dragon. "It'll dry soon, the mask... its...uh... what tea are you drinking?" He put his cup down out of reflex.
“Just the house special. I make it a little more special with one of my favorite mushrooms, chopped up and added finely. Would you like some? They function mostly like sugar. Have you been here before? I only just found it. I’ve seen you in the Miai! Isn’t it lovely and strange? Or strangely lovely? It’s so interesting how they divine your characteristics and worthiness for marriage, don’t you think?”

She smiles politely after another deluge of words, curious about your response, wondering if this style of miai is known in other lands.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai