(D3, LA) Drinking Up While Lady Sun Goes Down

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Seppun Yuzu

(D3, LA) Drinking Up While Lady Sun Goes Down

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Yuzu had made sure a public space would be the best. They have met before, but would do good to be formal about it. Also, he was curious. So, the young Seppun asks the tea house servants to get a table in a good spot to see the sunset, but that wouldn't be hidden away from potential people passing by.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Moshi Shizuka

Re: (D3, LA) Drinking Up While Lady Sun Goes Down

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:15 pm

An invitation, intriguing.

That's how Shizuka approached its curious arrival and, being curious herself, went to see what this was all about.

And so, wooden carrying tote in tow, the Moshi arrived at the teahouse.

"Good afternoon, Seppun-sama. I have arrived."
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:49 pm

The boy stands up, then bows. "Moshi-san."

He waves for an appointed position in front of him and offers, "I hope Inari-kami has been kind, and that this place has a good view of Kyuden Shika as I take a few moments of Moshi-san's time this afternoon."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:44 am

Shizuka's bow was, of course, appropriately lower in deference to her interlocutor's Imperial heritage.

Shizuka glided across to the indicated position, settling to seat herself with practiced grace. No mean feat given that today she was out and about in her full priestess regalia with a dozen layered robes weighing her down, though the Centipede woman seemed to bear the weight and bulk just fine.

"Inari no Kami-sama has, indeed, been most kind. I pray you have been similarly blessed." She paused to regard the view Yuzu indicated with a wistful expression. Melancholic, almost. The rain doubtlessly disagreeable to the Moshi.

She returns her focus to their conversation when refreshments arrive. Pouring tea for both, Shizuka continued, "An afternoon to be spent indoors is all the better to be passed in company, Seppun-sama. I thank you for the invitation to pass this time with you."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:23 am

He nods, and takes a good moment observing Shizuka pouring the tea. It does soothe him quite a bit. After taking a sip, he takes a moment to adapt to the taste of the tea. Damned Imperial tea tastes always so picky.

"I appreciate that Moshi-san could attend. Since, I..." He clears his throat, "Since, I, eto... I had planned to meet her in a different way than we did the other day. I apologize if I've been rude."

There's a polite apologetic bow, and he shows his intentions with a swift strike. "As Governor of Chisei, I intend to establish good relations with the Centipede as early as possible."

--
Swaying your fellow PCs (Government/Void): Strengthen the ties between the minor clans and the Imperial Families. Distinction Blessed Lineage.
| TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image
DescriptionTheme

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:51 am

"Talk of better relations and meeting in a different way?" Shizuka paused in mid-motion as she was returning the tea pot to the serving tray.

"What could Seppun-sama mean by that? Perhaps a meeting like this, then? Not on the battlements and not out about under the rain?" Though she tried to temper the statement in return with an attempt at humor, the pause - though it was just for a moment had been noticeable. Had she taken his words the wrong way, or was she merely acting the part of a coy maiden?

"Doubtless the Centipede would welcome better relations with an esteemed governor. There is honor in such things, of course, and esteem besides."

She had not poured tea for herself.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 am

Yuzu would have sworn he saw Shizuka pouring to herself. Noticint that she did not, as a deja vu, he puts his own cup down and reaches forward to take kettle in hand and pour over as demanded by proper etiquette. As he returns, the boy looks up to steal a glance form the Moshi and understand if that was appreciated.

It only takes a heartbeat and he puts the item back on the tray. Finally, he answers, "Hai. A meeting like this is what it was planned initially. There's much esteem to the priestess of Amaterasu coming from my Family. Especially, my mother."
DescriptionTheme

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:59 am

Accepting the cup of tea poured for her, Shizuka daintily raised it to her lips, not so much taking a drink so much as to wet them. A demure gesture, done so maidenly, so performatively. Absent of the flair that the Moshi otherwise performed even the other most basic of motions.

"Oh? Your mother?"

The questioning tone was genuine enough. Shizuka was not particularly well informed in the world of movers and shakers in the Empire.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:49 pm

He nods with a militarist emphasis when the word mother is sounded. "Hai. Our glorious Emperor's sister." The boy takes another sip, and confirms, "My esteemed mother."
DescriptionTheme

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:30 am

"Oh." The surprise was genuine enough, but training and rearing had taught Shizuka well enough the blunt her response to such a shocking reveal!

A moment passed. "Esteemed, indeed. The Deer must be honored to have a guest like you here at their miai."