[Day 3, Early Afternoon] Sardonic Story Swap (Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

[Day 3, Early Afternoon] Sardonic Story Swap (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Raizo had to admit, if he'd known how much he'd like the various women he ended up meeting, he might not have bitched so much about the miai under his breath on the hike south.

Even the ones he had no romantic interest in- as such- were still people he was damned glad he'd gotten to meet.

Case in point... a certain aspiring Otter nakodo...

She he ducked into the tea house, ordered his by now habitual Akina, and waited for his friend.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [Day 3, Early Afternoon] Sardonic Story Swap (Expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 pm

She was quickly growing comfortable with a certain Shiba, they fell into an easy friendship as if they'd grown up together --
and really, that should scare the hell out of the Otter, and usually, it did. She wasn't sure if it did now, though.
Poking into the tea house mere minutes later, Narumi takes a moment to look around before she makes her way over to Raizo.
"Phoenix-san," she said with a dip of her head in greeting, but when she rose her friendly smirk was there, though it was tinged with just how uncomfortable the Otter was, still exhausted from the event this morning.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Having seen her performance that morning, Raizo chose words which were to the point, but which could, perhaps, be taken more neutrally.

"Hanging in there, Usogawa-san? I'm having a cinnamon-spiced oolong, but we can order something else if you'd prefer?""
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:14 pm

It was with effort that the smile remained in place, but Narumi had training, so much training, on keeping others comfortable above her own needs.
"As well as can be expected," she admitted somewhat dour. Regarding the tea: "That's just perfect, actually. Sounds... warm and soothing." A pause. "You fared well this morning?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:21 pm

"I'd have fared better if I hadn't seen my friends distressed."

He poured a cup for the Otter.

"And incidentally, if you ever feel a need to, well... unburden yourself, you can always track me down. I've been scowled at by gunso who wordlessly convey that they've seen cleverer and more dutiful garden slugs, so I have some practice..."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:28 pm

Unburden myself, Narumi scoffed but it was all friendly. "If you're offering a tryst without strings, Shiba-san, this is neither the time nor the place," she hoped he appreciated the humour, and took up the cup as soon as it was filled, breathing in the spiced scent and wheezing slightly. Breathing hurt. Everything still hurt. Her ego was thoroughly bruised as well.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:33 pm

He actually grinned at the barb.

"Ah, alas, my fevered dreams of you will have to remain just that..."

Sip.

"However will I go on living?"
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 am

"Ha ha," the laugh was a self depreciating one. "I'm sure you'll manage. After this morning, you would do best not to want me, lest I collapse with but a look from you."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:19 am

"Well, plenty of people collapse when they look at me, so I'm used to it..."

A pause.

"I was a bit worried, but your cousin seemed to have things under control, and I didn't want to add to your troubles by causing a scene."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:43 pm

Narumi chuckled, and groaned lightly, putting a hand to her chest then putting pressure there to dull the ache. "Don't make me laugh... No, no, you're right. I didn't need more troubles, I made enough of my own."