[D2 LM] The (Mis)Deeds of the Day (expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Kasuga Yoshi

[D2 LM] The (Mis)Deeds of the Day (expecting)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:54 pm

The first day of the miai had been an eventful one for Yoshi, and if day two was any indication, it was on a pace that could test anyone if they pushed too hard. Fortunately for him, lessons in how to wait were necessary to the Tortoise.

You learn to wait long enough gaki, they don't notice where you've gone when you get there. Yamori-sensei's words ring in his mind again as he seats himself in the teahouse, only getting a few looks from the hostess who recognizes him from the day before. He waits for the person he is supposed to meet.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D2 LM] The (Mis)Deeds of the Day (expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:11 pm

And she doesn't make him wait long at all. Minutes, perhaps, and Narumi enters the tea house. With a quick look around, she spots the tortoise and makes her way.
Bowing, though when she rises there's a mischievous glint in her eye.
"You survived, Tortoise-san. There are not enough words to express my surprise." She pokes fun.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:48 pm

"Oh?" Yoshi quirks an eyebrow, suspecting that he's about to be the butt of a joke. "What is it that I have narrowly escaped from?" He points at Narumi with a bit of flourish.

"I will have you know that I am have a penchant for making friends. Like you, for instance"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:01 pm

"Why, the scrutiny of an unscrupulous nakodo, of course," Narumi smirked. "Surely, she holds nothing back in her assessment of Kasuga-san? Without a doubt, she speaks her mind on what he might do to ...improve his standing with her?" Whether she spoke of Pei Pei or herself was up for debate.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:51 pm

"Ahhh indeed." Yoshi sobers a touch. "I think that it could have gone worse, but alas, when one side of your family tree begins and ends at a stump, it does show a difference on the other half, even if that half is well maintained. Expert presenter that I am" Yoshi draps a hand over his chest with some flourish. "Did his best to present the good in as positive light as I could, so that its shine mine overwhelm the shadow. That Clans would entrust their fortune to me, so that they might feed their lands without the stain of Commerce!"

Yoshi is laying it on a bit thick, and taking a few liberties, but he figured that buffing his reputation would not hurt

LM (Mis)Deeds of the Day-Side Agenda Roll-Air/Courtesy TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image (Failure)

What about yourself, oh lover of mischief? How much was your family scoured?"

Yoshi gains back a twinkle in his eye. "Certainly not enough to mar your beauty."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:19 am

An intrigued eyebrow ticked up and Narumi grinned at his recounting, of course not taking it at face value.
She doesn't attempt to stop the blush from touching her cheeks.
"Kasuga-san flatters so easily! Ah but this one's family bares not one blemish, and no sight of any unseemly misdeeds, no recourse and we're perfect in every way. Without a doubt. This one recited her pedigree and their tales of fancy to Shika Pei Pei-sama's utter delight." Another smirk.
"It helps that I studied genealogy as a child..."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 pm

"It is easy to flatter with such a subject at hand to admire" Yoshi lobs back, not quite denying his status of unapologetic flatterer.

"But I digress...how have you been faring in the battlefield of love? What misdeeds have you encountered that must be set right by our strident hands?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:42 pm

A bright laugh at that.
"Very much what it appears on the surface- a humble nakodo-in-training, at everyone's service, here to assist in their matchmaking and keep an eye out for potential suitors. I'm starting to weave red ribbons, but it will be a bit more time before bolder action becomes necessary."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:02 pm

"Finding a red ribbon without me? How could you?"" Yoshi gasps and holds a hand to his lips in a courtier's gesture lacking a trace of irony, but it is soon replaced with a smile.

"Good for you. Who are the lucky marks?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:10 pm

"Oh! One thousand apologies, Tortoise-san, I didn't realize you'd want to be so involved..." she grinned at his pantomime. "And if I told you, I'd lose the higher ground... Once I have more hooks in place, we'll find where you fit in, hmm?" Narumi sipped her tea, thoroughly amused.
"In the meanwhile, how might we entertain ourselves? Our shared interest is too good to pass up, we could get into all sorts of sordid trouble together, and it be a shame to let that go to waste."