[D0, LA] Late Afternoon is for Tea (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D0, LA] Late Afternoon is for Tea (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:35 pm

He put his mask up.

"It's better this than fleeing out the window."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:37 pm

"Am I really that difficult to talk with that you're contemplating jumping out of the window?" For once, their On was up, masking whatever they were feeling about that.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:39 pm

"As a creature used to hiding, being overlooked and finding peace in that, it is an option even if the Emperor sought me out for tea. Shall I seppuku now or shall I wait until you've asked for my final poem?" Hikimasu rested his chin on his hands and looked across at the Seppun now.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:48 pm

"I suppose waiting until the final poem." They answered a bit plainly. The whole thing was a conundrum. Unsei wanted to be nice and flirt, but how could that go in the right direction when the person hated it so much they wanted to run away.

So, instead of saying anything else, the Seppun just finished their tea.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:46 am

"More generosity than I'm used to, so I'll say thank you for that", he said, looking a bit relieved.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 am

"Oh yeah, giving you time to write your final poem. So nice." They muttered a bit sarcastically before setting their cup down. The realization that all they had done was make someone just uncomfortable had lessened their mood considerably for the time being, but they still kept a neutral On, acting like a proper Seppun for the first time since they got to the Kyuden.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:02 am

And now, of course, Hikimasu could tell they'd ruined Unsei's mood somehow. Well, best do something.

"Erm...do... you know much about Miai? I imagine this is your first but you'd mentioned wanting to be arranged by the Otomo. How do they do it?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:20 pm

"I've no clue. I did want to have it arranged by an Otomo, but it was never during a miai or anything and they ended up sending me here." They answered politely. "What about you?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:07 pm

"There should be some kind of event, likely tomorrow, where we get to officially introduce ourselves to all the other eligible parties", he said. "Unless the Shika decide they want to do something bizarre. I don't know their traditions, but in Scorpion lands at least the women and men would have been kept separate from each other, masks doing most of the work on keeping surprises in tact. Here though, I don't know what to expect."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:41 pm

"Scorpion way sounds kind of odd honestly. Being kept apart until the arrangement. What about ladies who want to marry ladies or the same for men? Keeping them separated by sex wouldn't really work." They shrugged some. "But, the Scorpion are notorious for their legendarily rare marriages for love, so I guess it makes sense."