[D0, LA] Late Afternoon is for Tea (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D0, LA] Late Afternoon is for Tea (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 pm

"I'm from Scorpion lands, things aren't very direct there", he said, naturally alluding to that he hadn't had many compliments and no he doesn't handle them well.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:49 pm

"Should I give my compliments more subtly then?" They tilted their head to the side, sending their cowlick jutting out like some odd coat hanger.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:55 pm

It's certainly not for me to say that...

"Having pretty eyes isn't my doing..." especially since I don't have them. "I think Seppun-sama is rather cute when they give compliments the way they do."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:01 pm

"Being cute isn't anybody's doing, you're just born with it... usually anyway." They said before smiling happily. "And thank you, Shosuro-san. That's very kind of you, but I shouldn't be top surprised given how sweet you've already proven to be."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:04 pm

How could they not see the difference between being called cute, and doing something cute? It's clearly different.

"And Seppun-sama continues to make me wish my tea were finished so I count put on my mask properly."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:46 pm

Everything was cute to Unsei. Doing and being was one in the same and their dumb little face proved that.

"Ah, I tried to be more subtle with that one. Was it not good enough? I can always try again, or you could teach me."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm

"Where I come from, the words are insults as read on a scroll, but a person saying them can reveal their intention to you in personal way", the Scorpion explained.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:27 pm

"Yeah! It's all in how you say it! Like, if I say something like..." They cleared their throat.

"You look totally beautiful today, Shosuro-san!" They said in a bright, cheery voice. Then a moment later

"You look totally beautiful today, Shosuro-san." Their tone this time was a bit more neutral and sarcastic, along with an emphasis on totally, done in a sarcastic way.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:31 pm

"...erm...yes", he said, keeping his cool, which is easier to do when your eyes are dead. "Something like that." He did finish his tea again though. "Though I guess it's more like...saying something insulting with love."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:34 pm

Unsei pondered on that for a moment before nodding some. "Hmm, I can sort of see that, yeah! Like a mean joke, but when you say it with friends, they understand it's with love. That's more than just tone though. Oh! Do you want some more tea, or do you want to put your mask up and hide your smile from me?"