[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:52 am

"Oh, I'm nobody."

He sighed.

"Except the last in my bloodline. Some ancestor of mine threw in with Shiba-Kami way back when, so we're... sort of an institution. Dad's a courtier in Nikesake. Mom was a yojimbo whose charge was never threatened before she ended up running the household."

Sip.

"So I'm pretty sure I'm only here because somebody who cares noticed that no new heirs to the bloodline were forthcoming and did the arithmetic on a soldier's life expectancy. If my parents had produced any brothers or sisters, I doubt anyone would particularly care about my marital status or where I ended up."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:54 am

"I see" Emiko nodded "heritage is important to many clans, even one as young as mine. I'm certain that you will bring a match that will be of benefit to the Phoenix and yourself."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:04 pm

"I'm not holding my breath."

Sip.

"But I appreciate the vote of confidence. I hope you get paired with someone you like, but I'll admit I have no idea how any of this works."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:09 pm

"I confess to being unsure also. Perhaps some kind of festival to allow the nakodos to rate the choices and give recommendations? It seems quite unusual not to know how the method of miai is, however I suppose we also don't know how a Nakodo thinks. Hmm, I should have asked before I left" Emiko looked at her tea thoughtful "perhaps they're waiting for us to arrive and then will explain it."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:00 pm

"I suppose we'll see. I have to assume our Clans have likewise sent some basic instructions about what they're looking for. That said... I also have to wonder how they compiled the list of candidates, because I've met some total maniacs over the course of the day who seem to be here for the same reason."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:18 pm

"There is certainly a mix, although I've not met any I would call maniac. Who did you meet that gave you those level of concerns?" Emiko asked with a curious expression "that would be a worrying situation."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:36 pm

"I have met a Dragon I can only assume never gets out much, another Dragon who seems intent on fighting someone from every single Clan, a Centipede who seems to operate at an oblique angle to reality, a Crane who seems to have it in for practice dummies, and another Crane who could give the Asako Inquisitors a run for their money."

Sip.

"And the inn is run by a cat."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 pm

I met the cat, very well trained. You can do a lot with animals if you take time to train them. The rest I'm really uncertain about. What do you mean by have it in for practice dummies? As in they were very aggressive?"

Emiko was slightly concerned that this Phoenix may be the maniac.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 pm

Reports of Raizo's mania being a clan secret, Emiko's suspicions would not be confirmed just yet.

"Yep. Beating the hell out of one and insulting it. Then the Dragon who wants to fight everyone showed up- right before a decent enough Kitsu and a giant Bayushi started some brittle conversational fencing that I tuned out so I could focus on my technique."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:29 pm

""I see...."

Emiko picked up her cup, holding it for a while.

"There are some interesting characters for sure. I'm thankful that none of the mentioned were my kin, I know there are a few Otter samurai here. I don't think any of them would be that rash though."